OTs Dating Thread MIA

“Power to the people”

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#16486 Feb 6, 2013
Milee wrote:
Good luck at the Doctor Indy.
As much as I love my dog, I don't want another one.
Good morning, Milee, Indy, Jim, Red Hen, Sundance Kid, and all the other very fine posters. Well we made it to "HUMP" day. If we can get thru this, it should be an easy downhill slide into the weekend.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#16487 Feb 6, 2013
Concerned_American wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have a way of running up the bills. Had foot surgery, stepped on a large thumb tack, chipped off two small bone fragments just inside my foot at the base of my big toe.
Had to go to doctor office (bills), then Surgery center two days before operation to get "Pre-approved" for operation. Had EKG done to see if I could "survive" the operation, more bills, plus ekg said I've had a heart attack much earlier in my life (I'm thinking if I had one maybe I should know about it?). Plus got a blood test, more bills.
Then had to go across town to see a regular doctor to be checked out (Required to get the operation), more bills. Over they they insisted I get a blood test done, I said I just had one done at the surgery center. They said sorry but we don't trust the results from over there, you will need one taken here. More bills.
Couple of days later I asked the Surgery center, why if the doctor insists I need a blood test taken over at his office, then why do a Surgery Center one as well? They answer well we don't trust the results from the doctor's office. So two blood set of tests, more bills.
Then for the operation, they gave me a "local" and did a very small cut on the side of my foot, went in and scrapped out the two very small bone chips. Had an Aniestist (guy that passes you out there, more bills, but onlt got the "local" in my foot. Plus being simple, did they really need the EKG?
Oh well, with an 80%-20% split with the insurance company, I only need about 6 more months to get this paid off.
You are so right. I am having a surgery in March and They took so many viles of blood I wondered if I could get up and walk. It took me from 8 am to 1 pm to get all the tests done. Ekg, Pulmonary, swallow chalk while taking an xray, chest xray,then after they blew you up with all the chalk stuff they expected you lungs to work 100 percent when your stomach was pressing on your lungs lol.( then another day colonoscopy, endoscopy.) After all that I had to go to a doctor at 345 pm to get a clearance for the surgery. Dang I was worn completely out and they made lots of money that day.
Now I won't say how bad the prep is for the colonoscopy lol lol.
They all have to have their fingers in the pie and make dollars off of it.
What makes me the maddest is after a couple of friends of mine found out they were terminal then the hospitals and doctors try to make the most they can off of them as guinea pigs.
Okay off my soap box for now lol.
Hope you don't have to work too hard and glad it is HUMP day but I still have to work Saturdays yuck

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16488 Feb 6, 2013
Milee wrote:
Good luck at the Doctor Indy.
As much as I love my dog, I don't want another one.
I think when I lose all of mine there will be no more. I am busy giving attention to them and cuddling them 24/7 lol but their worth it.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16489 Feb 6, 2013
Milee, Milee, Milee looks like you may get hit hard starting this Friday. BLIZZARD up your way as much as two feet of snow and it is on the 35th year anniversary of the 1978 blizzard. Be careful and get plenty of milk and bread and be ready to make love for a few days. Better cover up that bikini for the weekend lol lol.
Lady River hope you are doing well. Looks like we might just get rain here and not the snow.
Red Hen, Hercules, Sgt. Snorkel, Dirty Dingus, Pam, Concerned American have a good week and bundle up for the weekend

“Power to the people”

Once was Top Secret

#16490 Feb 7, 2013
YThis downhill slide into the weekend feels oh so good. I'm working 4 days Tues.-Fri., so I will be having my weekend on a "REAL" weekend this time around.

“Power to the people”

Once was Top Secret

#16491 Feb 7, 2013
Heard a major snowstorm is coming to the Northeast U.S. Please be safe if it's in your area. Don't shovel too much at one time, take breaks.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16492 Feb 7, 2013
Below is a letter from Jennifer Counselor.
Personally I am so glad they dropped the charges over the beautiful fawn Dani.
Jennifer and Jeff I applaud you in only the best of ways. Your good hearts should have been rewarded not scrutinized. Finally discretion was used and I am thankful for that
It is now official! I must first start with saying THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts to all those who have supported us through this. I have followed the comments and have been touched by many! You have no idea how grateful we are. All of this support proves that you all love Little Orphan Dani just like we do! It also shows me that others share the same compassion and would have done the same thing to help and protect a defenseless baby animal. I truly believe that God led us to Dani that day because He knew we would take care of His little creature who was desperately in need of care and love, for her chosen and nature mommy had no choice but to leave her behind when she could not stand on her own to run away. For those of you who have made negative comments about what we chose to do, I would hope that you would never be able to look your daughter or son in their eyes if ever faced with that situation and say,“There’s nothing we can do but let it die” and walk away from a defenseless and injured animal. We did not go looking for, or want, a “pet” deer to raise…we simply were faced with a helpless and wounded baby deer that would require lots of time… and money… to save. She deserved the chance to live and our love and compassion gave that chance to her. My nature is to heal, whether it be a human or an animal. God led me to a career where I can always exercise the love I have for healing and taking care of others. And God also expects us to teach our daughter right from wrong and to respect what He has given to us and what He has done for us. We chose to make the decision that was right in God’s eyes and our hearts that day. I was raised to always stand up for what I believe in if I know in my heart it is the right thing to do...no matter what anyone else says. I was also taught to “be kind to animals” and no state law should punish an act of kindness and compassion…especially when an animal is saved! I feel that society and imperfect laws can lead one to make the wrong decisions for fear of the consequences. But when this imperfect world ends, who will be the final judge of what we have done…only God. It was difficult at times to be strong through the social media circus, but in the end, we stood for a decision that we made and our commitment to saving Dani’s life…and for the love we have always had for her! And to our surprise, we had thousands of supporters from all around the world who stood behind us and helped! I cannot even begin to tell you what that has meant to us! Some people say we are not experts and we imprinted Dani and made it worse for her but Dani would tell you otherwise if she could talk. Dani would tell you she survived two death sentences and that we did an excellent job in caring for her and that she is happy with her deer friends today because we loved her enough to save her. That is the outcome we wanted for her all along. Some focus on the fact that Jeff is a police officer but that does not take the humanity out of him. This public outcry was not about him being a police officer..it was about compassion, goodness, common sense, and humanity… and no criminal intent or harm to anyone! In our hearts, we feel that anyone in this situation…no matter who you are…would deserve the same support and outcome. We would be the first to give it! This whole situation obviously shows that there is room for a change in the law…some laws are imperfect just as people are. This will not deter me from helping an animal in need and never will I believe the immediate answer is killing it!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16493 Feb 7, 2013
This will not deter me from helping an animal in need and never will I believe the immediate answer is killing it! Again, thank you so much to those who have supported us and showed love and compassion for us…and for Dani, for she is the real winner in the end! Your kind words have helped us stay strong. For the few who did not, you are entitled to your opinion but please understand that we did what we felt was right in our hearts. I would show the same respect for you! No law should punish compassion and good intent and the saving of any animal! We are not criminals or selfish people! God will not punish us for what we did. That is what’s wrong with this world today…God has been removed from too much of it! You have all showed what standing up for what is right can do for others in time of need. We would do the same thing for you if ever needed! Again, THANK YOU ALL! Love to all and God bless your compassionate hearts!"

Thanks again Jennifer and Jeff I applaud you
Your friend Indycorvette

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16494 Feb 7, 2013
on post 16942 there should have been quotations marks starting with It has now become official sorry I forgot to put the marks on there. Quotations on 16943 also

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16495 Feb 7, 2013
Heard a major snowstorm is coming to the Northeast U.S. Please be safe if it's in your area. Don't shovel too much at one time, take breaks.
They now say some places in the east will get maybe 4 feet of snow and winds in the Boston area will be 70 MPH. Scary. I bet Milee will get some of the blizzard
B3e safe Milee
I am off to Wally world lol

“Power to the people”

Once was Top Secret

#16496 Feb 8, 2013
My post from over on the "other side of the lake" where we were talking about snow:

It's amazeing about how one's views about snow changes over the years. When I was young I lived in the mountains and two friends and I had made several sled and sausers runs down the canyon. We were not too safe in those days. We had one run that went straight down a hill towards a cliff (About a 15 foot cliff drop so not too bad) and we had a log at the end to stop us from going over the cliff. The three of us would take a turn going down, each hitting the log and moving it about 2-3 feet each time. We would then all move the log back to the normal position, then head up to the start of that run and do it again and again.

Over several times the run got very slick, plus where the log would slide after the hit got slick as well. We were having so much fun we did not notice that fact. On what turned out to be our last time on that one run we made, the three of us each had a turn with me being last. My two friends were down by the log, I came down and hit the log which surprisingly shot over the cliff and I was still moving towards the cliff. My friend Robert plucked me off the sauser as I was going by him. We never did that one ever again.

Snow was fun then when we were kids, but now with shoveling (not bad last few years with the drought), and wind blown snow (Kansas is a very windy place, Dodge City just 90 miles away is one of the most windy places in the lower U.S.A.) affesting the driving, it's not so fun.

“Power to the people”

Once was Top Secret

#16497 Feb 8, 2013
Please everyone, stay safe and warm.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16498 Feb 8, 2013
My post from over on the "other side of the lake" where we were talking about snow:
It's amazeing about how one's views about snow changes over the years. When I was young I lived in the mountains and two friends and I had made several sled and sausers runs down the canyon. We were not too safe in those days. We had one run that went straight down a hill towards a cliff (About a 15 foot cliff drop so not too bad) and we had a log at the end to stop us from going over the cliff. The three of us would take a turn going down, each hitting the log and moving it about 2-3 feet each time. We would then all move the log back to the normal position, then head up to the start of that run and do it again and again.
Over several times the run got very slick, plus where the log would slide after the hit got slick as well. We were having so much fun we did not notice that fact. On what turned out to be our last time on that one run we made, the three of us each had a turn with me being last. My two friends were down by the log, I came down and hit the log which surprisingly shot over the cliff and I was still moving towards the cliff. My friend Robert plucked me off the sauser as I was going by him. We never did that one ever again.
Snow was fun then when we were kids, but now with shoveling (not bad last few years with the drought), and wind blown snow (Kansas is a very windy place, Dodge City just 90 miles away is one of the most windy places in the lower U.S.A.) affesting the driving, it's not so fun.
C.A. That would have been scary. When we are young we feel invincible don't we? lol lol
Gosh that brings back memories of all of us sledding at the Country Club because of the great hills to go down there. You know the Country Club never complained about us sledding there either. Every once in a while we would miss our mark and go right into the creek there. Walking home soaking wet with our hairs in our noses frozen plus our clothes wet from head to toe was a terrible feeling lol. I remember when we took our gloves off our hands were fire engine red and so were our faces lol.
You be safe this weekend. No trips to Boston planned I hope????? lol

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16499 Feb 8, 2013
Milee and Lady River where are you??????????

“wanna dance?”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#16500 Feb 8, 2013
Here's a really good 30 second video.....and you can bet your booties I'll be one doing this EVERYTIME I see a service man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

“wanna dance?”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#16501 Feb 8, 2013
OOPS....forgot to say HELLO to everybody!Here's hoping y'all have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and warm....We're doing pretty good here so far. We have a V.F.W. Cruise Party Saturday night. Don't know how long we're gonna last. Hubby is doing fine but there's no sense in 'over doing' it. So we'll probably come home shortly after Dinner.(((((HUGS))))) to everybody! Ciao for now.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16502 Feb 8, 2013
Lady River wrote:
Here's a really good 30 second video.....and you can bet your booties I'll be one doing this EVERYTIME I see a service man!
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
Nice video Lady River and Thanks to your husband and many others

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16503 Feb 8, 2013
Lady River wrote:
OOPS....forgot to say HELLO to everybody!Here's hoping y'all have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and warm....We're doing pretty good here so far. We have a V.F.W. Cruise Party Saturday night. Don't know how long we're gonna last. Hubby is doing fine but there's no sense in 'over doing' it. So we'll probably come home shortly after Dinner.(((((HUGS))))) to everybody! Ciao for now.
Have fun at the party and give hubby and yourself a big hug from me and Mr. Indy.
I went out to start the corvette today and Mr. Indy had cut the garage door wires in half accidentally and didn't realize it. He also had a padlock on the garage door which made me madder. I was steaming mad about that little goof up ugh. So he has been working to fix all of that for a while. Then he dropped a pan in my bathroom sink and broke the sink last night. He broke the plastic door to the doggy door too. He has broke at least 5 coffee makers in the past year. He only has 1 life left out of 9 lives lol lol. No more broken things I told him lol lol.

“Listen To Me”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#16504 Feb 8, 2013
Good Morning Lovely Ladies And Gentlemen. I Was To Be Home Around 4:00 P.M. But My Plane Was Delayed. I Was Lucky To Get Home. The Weather Is Just Terrible In The East New York Was Getting It good As I Taxied To Another Airport In Order To Get A Flight Home. Had To Pay Double To Get To The Other Airport. Terrible That People Take Advantage Of Others.

I Will Say That I Can't Complain Because I Was One Of The Few To Get Home Safely.
Glacius.... Is Sure Giving The Boston Area A good Soaking. I am Sure It Will Be Very Dangerous Tomorrow.
I Hope All Of You A Safe And Well. I Am Sure You Are Glad That Blizzard Is Not Coming Our Way This Time. Another Storm Is On It's Way East. Hope That One Misses Us too.
I Am Very Tired And Have Jet Lag. Will Talk To All My Great People On OT Thread Later On In The Day.
Just Be Happy We Are Alive And Kicking.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16505 Feb 10, 2013
Good afternoon everyone. Where is everybody? Busy I guess
No one got up here until about 1100. Felt good to sleep in.

We are off to Home Depot sometime today. Whenever Mr. Indy gets his butt in gear. Oh Yes I have been yelling at him to get ready for over an hour lol lol. Grandson in tow too. Grandson wants to go eat out today so we will do that too. Bathroom sink broken, Linoleum for entry upstairs, new doggy door, wood glue, glue for linoleum. You know we have to get all the stuff Mr. Indy breaks in a weeks time LMAO
Lady River, Pam, Milee, Hercules, Dirty dingus( when you get out of the hospital after Sgt. kicked your butt), Sgt. Snorkel, Red Hen hope to hear from you soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Darren Stephens? 11 min Bob 22
Who died in the wreck? 14 min fred 9
Trump 45 min USA1 29
Donald J Trump Presidency 46 min USA1 2,126
Joining a Motorcycle gang 48 min USA1 15
Crackhead preaching on 30th and Western. 1 hr Brainiac 11
Haley Rusk Drug Addict 1 hr Funny stuff 10

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance