First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Heard

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 May 30, 2012
I heard that the Amvets are under new management! Was wondering if this is true and if they are going to start doing things again..
OH YEAH

United States

#2 May 30, 2012
Got rid of some people.Or should I say resigned. Hope it does well.Its too nice of a building to let things continue the way things were.
COOL BREEZE 44

United States

#4 May 31, 2012
The State took over I think.
Peoria, IL

#5 May 31, 2012
All of these clubs used to be booming businesses , just goes to show you what piss poor management and lazy employees will get you. How many inside jobs have been pulled at the clubs in this town over the years? What about background checks? Why would anyone hire people with theft and conversion convictions? i' ve seen it many times in this town.
Him

Lockport, IL

#6 May 31, 2012
Wonder if the little blonde will be working the bar again...
junior

Franklin, IN

#7 May 31, 2012
Heard the K of C has new managment also! Also heard they are cleaning house!!!
THE REPUBLICAN

Connersville, IN

#8 May 31, 2012
screw you losers!! vets suck!! never ever want to see you old jerks!!! i am voting for bachman!!!
About time

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Jun 1, 2012
It is about time that they "Cleaned house" in the Amvets.. If the state is in there now then things will change... to THE REPULICAN you sir need to wake up!!! For the VETS you would not have the right to speak your mind...Our vets have served our great country and for that I thank them so for you sir if you don't love our great country you are more then welcom to move to another one!!!
Respecting our Veterans

United States

#10 Jun 3, 2012
COOL BREEZE 44 wrote:
The State took over I think.
Yes! The Indiana State Amvets took control of Post #11. The new crew is working very hard to restore the morale and love of this club. If you are a past member that has not paid your dues or a new person considering joining a fantastic club, just come in and meet the new people. You will be surprised at some of the familiar faces you will see in there now. Everyone is volunteering their time and chances are there will be NO return "bar help" from the past. The post needs NEW, HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY, and DEDICATED people! Wish them luck!!!! The new temporary hours are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 4-Midnight. Karaoke every Thursday from 6-10. Come experience a breath of fresh air at our local Amvets.(Hours subject to change in the very near future).
Seriously

Atlanta, IL

#11 Jun 3, 2012
I just hope its not to late. This should have taken place long ago! Those of us that use to bust our asses supporting the AmVets have moved on, it's going to take a lot to get us back.
Respecting our Veterans

Orland Park, IL

#12 Jun 3, 2012
ALL new ideas will be considered. Don't give up yet. I know how hard we all worked in the past but where there's a will there's a way. You have NO clue how many times they tried to get rid of me...but I am like a bad penny, I just keep coming back to haunt!(Determined--now more than ever)...it's time!!! Step up and take part just like our vets have done for our country! It takes every member to make a place successful. They have finally realized the error of their past has been not listening. They are listening now!
Common Sense

Connersville, IN

#13 Jun 3, 2012
About time wrote:
It is about time that they "Cleaned house" in the Amvets.. If the state is in there now then things will change... to THE REPULICAN you sir need to wake up!!! For the VETS you would not have the right to speak your mind...Our vets have served our great country and for that I thank them so for you sir if you don't love our great country you are more then welcom to move to another one!!!
Really! What vet do you know that faught in any war that had to do with American "rights"? Who has threatened our right to "speak our minds"? Who has fought in any battle/s to keep those rights in the last 200 years? Answer smart guy. Our veterans have fought for nothing but corporate interest since WW2. You sir/maam need a history lesson, as well as a lesson in "common sense".
Common Sense

Connersville, IN

#14 Jun 3, 2012
When will you people wake up? Our nation is being destroyed from within by communist ideologies and you sit around praising the idiots who will one day shoot your wives and children; take every right you've ever had away; while they turn our 'once' great nation into China. Hell, you can't even build a house before asking permission, or add on to an existing one.
Common Sense

Connersville, IN

#15 Jun 3, 2012
Of course all you people care about is who's managing the local vets club simply because you don't like the current rules/regulations etc. You're really a bunch of very shallow people. Wake up! Educate yourselves! The sky's falling and you're doing nothing! Keep voting for your rep/dem candidates and see what happens. They all work for the same damn people. The ones who want to take all your rights away so they can live luxerious lives while you slave away to support them. And they are currently doing just that at an extreme rate and none of you have a clue. What did this nation look like 100 years ago? You wopuldn't know because your school teacher lied to you about history. But none of you will go get educated in order to learn the truth. You think that Americans have always had to ask permission to take a shit. Your children will learn to hate you, as they will be left nothing but a communist state in which to live. One which will allow them no freedom of speech or any other such freedoms. Now go visit your "club," get drunk and forget reality.
Common Sense

Connersville, IN

#16 Jun 3, 2012
Hell, I can't even go buy a beer today simply because our government has decided it's morally wrong to do so on Sunday. Bullshit! If it's wrong to drink on Sunday, why is it okay to drink on Monday? Who makes the rules? God, man? Who?And if God is against drinking why don't we outlaw it altogether? I guess those hypocrite religious folks can't make up their minds. They only want to take away the sell of alcohol one day a week. I guess this obsolves them of their offenses throughout the week.
History lesson 1

Orland Park, IL

#17 Jun 3, 2012
But it is not so much the absurdity as the evil of hereditary succession which concerns mankind. Did it ensure a race of good and wise men it would have the seal of divine authority, but as it opens a door to the FOOLISH, the WICKED, and the IMPROPER, it hath in it the nature of oppression. Men who look upon themselves born to reign, and others to obey, soon grow insolent. Selected from the rest of mankind, their minds are early poisoned by importance; and the world they act in differs so materially from the world at large, that they have but little opportunity of knowing its true interests, and when they succeed in the government are frequently the most ignorant and unfit of any throughout the dominions.
Thomas Paine
Warden

Thorntown, IN

#18 Jun 4, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
Hell, I can't even go buy a beer today simply because our government has decided it's morally wrong to do so on Sunday. Bullshit! If it's wrong to drink on Sunday, why is it okay to drink on Monday? Who makes the rules? God, man? Who?And if God is against drinking why don't we outlaw it altogether? I guess those hypocrite religious folks can't make up their minds. They only want to take away the sell of alcohol one day a week. I guess this obsolves them of their offenses throughout the week.
Indian had a bill proposed to allow the sale of beer on Sunday in the last sesson. IMO look for a bill to pass by June 2013. Of course we need to look closely at who is running forGov this year first.
Warden

Thorntown, IN

#19 Jun 4, 2012
Oops..that's Indiana.

Fort Wayne, IN

#20 Jun 4, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
Of course all you people care about is who's managing the local vets club simply because you don't like the current rules/regulations etc. You're really a bunch of very shallow people. Wake up! Educate yourselves! The sky's falling and you're doing nothing! Keep voting for your rep/dem candidates and see what happens. They all work for the same damn people. The ones who want to take all your rights away so they can live luxerious lives while you slave away to support them. And they are currently doing just that at an extreme rate and none of you have a clue. What did this nation look like 100 years ago? You wopuldn't know because your school teacher lied to you about history. But none of you will go get educated in order to learn the truth. You think that Americans have always had to ask permission to take a shit. Your children will learn to hate you, as they will be left nothing but a communist state in which to live. One which will allow them no freedom of speech or any other such freedoms. Now go visit your "club," get drunk and forget reality.
Or we could all go to the planet you came from. Better get back there. I'm sure they know you escaped by now.
happy

Thorntown, IN

#21 Jun 24, 2012
I am happy to see that the amvets are now reopened under new management and they are tring to get that club back to the way it used to be...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 1 hr YouMe 12,111
Donald J Trump Presidency 1 hr TwoCents 201
Love Its Just That Simple 1 hr Wednesday Whacko 4
the JEW thread 2 hr happyfeet 2
What do you think about the China (Fiasco)Trip (Jun '11) 3 hr Just another vill... 42
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 3 hr Vector aka Victor... 9,220
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 3 hr Vector aka Victor... 2,912

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages