waylon

Alexander City, AL

#21 Sep 6, 2012
me his ole ranger that has these installed.. i have the receipt from walmart. he bought these tires in 2001. for 44.95 a tire. they have 80,000 on them and they still look brand new..no kidding.. they maybe half worn at 80,000. they will dry rot before the tread is gone.but like other people say. you cant find them any-longer. as they stopped making them. probably due to them being a very good long lasting tire. people were taking to long to buy another set. so im sure they replaced it with a tire that will only last 30k..lol..i have looked everywhere and can not find them. as i need new tires for my surburban. but looks like i will have to go with another brand. :-(
DPl

Ochelata, OK

#22 Sep 15, 2012
These tires (liberators) from Wally World, are very good. Ive used them for years on my pickups and trailers. Walmart will not mount them on trailers anymore, so you have to get them to go and get the farm store to mount them. Just watch the date of manufacture, sometimes they sit in the stockroom couple years before they sell them. Also, make sure you get the highest load rated tires in the size you need. This will insure your tires are not overloaded, and keep them inflated to the max. Today's tires do not have the U V protection for aging they used to have. Bias ply tires will stay together a little longer but not give you the fuel mileage as radials. Just try to find bias ply tires today. Hard to do. So we are stuck with radials and stuck with tires that are designed to be replaced at no more than 4 or 5 years old. (four is the design limit usually). That's the way it is. Also on motor home and or trailer tires, you need to roll them a few miles every couple of weeks to keep them oiled. Oiled is not the technical term but tires have lubricants in them and need to be run up to temperature every couple of weeks. Trust me on this one. Good luck.
Reno

United States

#23 Sep 28, 2012
I had recently bought 4 new Uniroyal Liberators for my Ranger. So far I've driven through rain, mud, dirt, and rocky roads. I have been pretty impressed by them thus far. Great traction all around. I haven't been in deep heavy mud yet so can't say how they perform there yet. I can feel the ride of the meatier more aggressive tire than what I previously had. I like the slight hum of the tire as well at highway speeds. I feel much more confident with them while off roading and wet weather driving.

The worker at the store I bought them from had some on his truck (Ram). He told me he loves his, and that I'd be very happy with them.

I've only driven them about 1k miles but so far I'm very happy with them. I like the look of them as well.
tammy

Colchester, CT

#24 Oct 7, 2012
great tire but no longer available at Walmart.
Ole Ron

Alexandria, LA

#25 Oct 15, 2012
I recently installdmy 3rd set of 4 on my 2000 Ford Super Duty. I have averaged almost 90,000miles on each set. Love the tires. BUT ! my new set has one with a brokenbet, I bought lifetime road hazzard and Wal-Mart now tells me they are discontinued. I am still researchin this, but buyer beware!
Jim B

Columbia, MO

#26 Oct 25, 2012
Went backto Wal Mart with 4 bad tires at 40k with a 50k warranty and they would not make good citing issues with my Chevy van.
Terpen

Tyler, TX

#27 Nov 5, 2012
have 50k miles on a set on a TrailBlazer. Great tire, smooth and stayed balanced. Went to buy another set and no longer available.
Don

Uxbridge, MA

#28 Nov 25, 2012
Best truck tire I have ever owned. I got 102000 miles on the first set I bought. They are on a 2002 Ford ranger. Great in the snow, fairly quiet on the Highway. Heard rumours of them being discontinued, hope it's not true as these tires are unbelievable.
Eric Guffey

Kingston, TN

#29 Nov 27, 2012
I have bought the Wal-Mart Uniroyal Liberator a/t tires and they are the best tires I have ever used No tire sound going down the road . I am tring to find another set of 4 tires again and can not find them anywhere. So yes I would buy them again if I could find them HELP ! They last a lot longer than advertised and great in snow also.
SOP-WC

Connersville, IN

#30 Nov 27, 2012
Good Tires! Quiet Ride. 65,000 on a set for my Chevy and still running strong. Highly recommend
Neal

Stoughton, WI

#31 Dec 11, 2012
Best tires I've ever bought. I am looking for another set and just found out Walmart quit carrying them. 75,000 miles plus, 6th set I've purchased. Another reason to stop shopping Walmart Automotive! Service is bad too!
Jack

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Dec 21, 2012
consumer wrote:
<quoted text>I have same problem really noisy tires
Get a louder radio.

I have them, and have no trouble with road noise...:S
Jack

Cincinnati, OH

#33 Dec 21, 2012
Ohh, I forgot to add...

I think they're great tires. I get great grip in wet and snowy weather, and I drive off roading on them all the time and they have great overall traction. I thoroughly enjoy these tires and would put them on just about anything for any type of condition.
Cooper Tires all the way

Greenwood, IN

#34 Dec 22, 2012
I'm a tight wad that runs tires till the bands come out.

I've never had longer life than with cooper tires.
Bill Deal

Hesperia, CA

#35 Jan 28, 2013
I bought a set of Uniroyal 31x10.50R15Lt At wal mart several years ago. They have been very good tires for the money lasted a long time now I am looking for a new set...
Ace

Acworth, GA

#36 Feb 1, 2013
1. I have the Liberator A/T's from Walmart on my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Great Tire, and will say my Jeep is NOT your're Soccer Mom's SUV either. I take it in the mountains and actually use the 4X4 option.. Great riding tire, Great in Snow, Rain, Dirt, Mud(don't try serious mudding, not what their designed for)

2. Seems most people have been asleep for the last 25 years or so... in the mid 80's BF Goodrich sold out it's car tire division to Uniroyal(Goodrich, still makes aircraft tires), then in the early 90's Michelin bought out Uniroyal..

3. Michelin & Good Year are about the only tire companies left(big boys)...

-Kelly Springfield is a division of Good Year ------General Tire is a division of Continental, by the way is A German tire company.
-Firestone is a division of Bridgestone, a Japanese Tire Company.

4. Now why in the world would they do this... Simple "Grandpa has put nothing but BF Goodrich's on is vehicles, and he ain't gonna change now." Simple marketing to the uninformed... That's all..

Point well taken

Greensburg, IN

#37 Feb 1, 2013
Great background information. Thanks Ace.:-)
Ace wrote:
1. I have the Liberator A/T's from Walmart on my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Great Tire, and will say my Jeep is NOT your're Soccer Mom's SUV either. I take it in the mountains and actually use the 4X4 option.. Great riding tire, Great in Snow, Rain, Dirt, Mud(don't try serious mudding, not what their designed for)
2. Seems most people have been asleep for the last 25 years or so... in the mid 80's BF Goodrich sold out it's car tire division to Uniroyal(Goodrich, still makes aircraft tires), then in the early 90's Michelin bought out Uniroyal..
3. Michelin & Good Year are about the only tire companies left(big boys)...
-Kelly Springfield is a division of Good Year ------General Tire is a division of Continental, by the way is A German tire company.
-Firestone is a division of Bridgestone, a Japanese Tire Company.
4. Now why in the world would they do this... Simple "Grandpa has put nothing but BF Goodrich's on is vehicles, and he ain't gonna change now." Simple marketing to the uninformed... That's all..
ricko

United States

#38 Feb 26, 2013
I have a 94 ranger, I put them on my truck 6 yrs. Ago and they still look like there brand new. The mileage was 78k now its 210k. I gave my son that pickup and im buy a set from wal-mart tomorrow for my new pickup.
Joe

Saint Augustine, FL

#39 Mar 1, 2013
Have a 99 Tacoma and have put 102,000 on these puppies.
I don't recommend this because this is a 50,000 mile tire.
I bought them at WalMart but they said they don't carry them
anymore. I would love to get a new set, but 225/70/14 is getting hard to find in a truck tire.
I do recommend them if you can find them.
jimmy

Jackson, MS

#40 Mar 4, 2013
live them have set on Amy but as someone stated I ran over something and busted one have road hazard but they discontinued this tire but I had great luck with them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OTs Dating Thread # 6 (Aug '13) 24 min indycorvette 4,928
start discussion 56 min Milee 4
did Urban/Council know about Stant moving ? 57 min Yeah 13
The Forgiveness Thread 58 min Milee 97
Lock Down at UCHS Mon yeah 6
New Ambulance Services Mon County 31
Fest? September 20 Sep 25 SoupSammich 2
Liberty Dating
Find my Match

Liberty Jobs