Has Anyone Bought The Uniroyal Libera...

Has Anyone Bought The Uniroyal Liberator Tires From Walmart?

Posted in the Liberty Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Consumer

Carbondale, IL

#1 Mar 24, 2011
Was wondering if it's a good tire...Trying to find a light truck tire for an S-10 truck. It's hard to find one for a truck that small. I've always used Michelin but they discontinued the size I need.
Brock

Granger, IN

#2 Mar 24, 2011
have some on F350 wear ok after 30k still look about new good price got the liberator 2 for 120 each not bad for LT Tire for big truck at walmart
Consumer

Carbondale, IL

#3 Mar 24, 2011
I'll probably go with the liberators. From what I've read, Michelin makes this tire. I have a nineteen year old Daughter that drives the truck. I'm just worried about blow-outs and hydro-planing. The Michelins I have on there now have 90,000 miles with no flats or mishaps. All I can find to replace with a michelin, are a passenger car tire. I appreciate your input.
gerald mills

Memphis, TN

#4 May 10, 2011
the uniroyal liberator is made by uniroyal tire company. they have been in business at least 50 years, but are owned by a parent company now. these are fine tires. i got over 70K miles from ours driving all over the southeast. they were mounted on a 2001 nissan pathfinder. however we only do paved roads and occasionally a dirt or gravel road which has been kept up. would not recommend for snowy/icy regions of the country but will get ok traction in light snowfall. no problems in rain.

wal mart sells these. they are made for them. comparable priced tires at other dealers would be well over $600 mounted and balanced. wal marts are available for about $450 now.
George

Youngstown, OH

#5 May 17, 2011
Put these tires on my 4X4 Ranger almost 5 years ago...... after about 30k miles on them now I have no complaints....... I live in NE OHIO where winters are real and they have worked like champs...... have easily driven this truck through more than a foot of snow........ pushed a 2wd chevy 1/2 ton up a hill that couldnt get going on the ice, and also pulled out a 4X4 Police Ford Explorer that was sitting on its frame in a unplowed driveway....... although I've been through mud and havent been stuck,they arent a mud tire. But for normal off road, street and winter use I give them a big thumbs up.......
Johnny G

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jun 28, 2011
Bought a set of 4 from Walmart for my 99 F150 and put over 70K miles on them. They are by far the best wet-weather traction tire I have ever owned. Put over 70K miles on the first set; bought another set from WalMart.
Northerngirl

Calumet, MI

#7 Jul 19, 2011
My mom had a set of these tires put on her Ford Escape about 2 years ago and they have been great. We live in UP Michigan and have lots of snow. They have done very well in the snow and ice. I am going to get a set put on my Escape real soon.
Arcing

Peoria, IL

#8 Aug 7, 2011
I used these on my fifth wheel trailer for 6 years, 28000 miles, and they are still like new, I just now put them on my GMC Sierra-Duramax, they ride harsher than comparable Bridgestones or Michelans, but the wear is incredible.
wes

Hamburg, NJ

#9 Oct 3, 2011
Best tire I ever had, and low price. I use on all my vehicles.
shogun

United States

#10 Oct 4, 2011
Arcing wrote:
I used these on my fifth wheel trailer for 6 years, 28000 miles, and they are still like new, I just now put them on my GMC Sierra-Duramax, they ride harsher than comparable Bridgestones or Michelans, but the wear is incredible.
Michelin is how you spell it
loud

Wilmington, DE

#11 Jan 16, 2012
from 45 mph plus cannot hear radio!
consumer

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 25, 2012
loud wrote:
from 45 mph plus cannot hear radio!
I have same problem really noisy tires
buyer

United States

#13 Mar 9, 2012
I have a set on my 1997 F-150 and i really like them. I have bought some very expensive tires that wore out within the first year. i am hard on my tires and drove country roads aot. No complaints. I am looking to replace a tire and want to go with these again.
graham

Dallas, GA

#14 Apr 9, 2012
Consumer wrote:
Was wondering if it's a good tire...Trying to find a light truck tire for an S-10 truck. It's hard to find one for a truck that small. I've always used Michelin but they discontinued the size I need.
yes i have run uniroyal liberator tires from walmart , great tires!, now looking for another set but am having difficulty finding a walmart that now stocks them.
Davis

Spartanburg, SC

#15 Apr 14, 2012
Consumer wrote:

I have a set of 235/75/15's on my 92 GMC S15 Jimmy 4WD and 03 S10 2WD and also 235/75/16's on 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2WD. They have performed great on all 3 vehicles. Wet weather = good, dirt roads = good, snow = good, mud = not bad (so-so). They wear well as long as you rotate them every 5-6 thousand miles. Great tire from the price. They are made by Uniroyal who's parent company is Michelin.
billy whiskers

Cherryvale, KS

#16 Jun 5, 2012
We purchased a set of Uniroyal Liberators from Walmart in Oct. 2008. They had just a little over 32,000 miles on them (truck tires) and on our way to Branson, MO last Wednesday, one of them blew out and caused considerable damage to the right rear side of the truck bed and also damaged the mag rim. We have gone back to Walmart and they will only cover half the price of a new tire. We had also purchased the road hazard warranty and that is totally worthless, unless you have a blowout while the tire is brand new. I wouldn't recommend these tires at all.
Pj Aden

United States

#17 Jun 17, 2012
Consumer wrote:
Great tires. i have a set
buyer2

New Orleans, LA

#18 Jun 21, 2012
Do not recomend - bought 4 of these less than a year ago and one has already went flat due to dry rot - on the new tire - they must store them in the sun and not care - Worse Walmart no longer carries and 235/75/16
Kenny

Federal Way, WA

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Bad bad and very bad if you get the unirayol liberator from walmart store they are discontinue so if something bad happen to one of your tire you can't get another one to replace bad bad bad and very bad to sale something that discontinue
paul

Dayton, OH

#20 Aug 24, 2012
good luck trying to find them. i need two for my durango and it took me 2 days to find some.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connersville Speaks 35 min Fix_It 4
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 36 min Vector aka Victor... 9,060
food word game (Nov '10) 38 min Vector aka Victor... 5,013
**Double Letter Word** game (Jun '11) 40 min Vector aka Victor... 4,749
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 55 min Vector aka Victor... 7,253
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 56 min Vector aka Victor... 11,884
fireworks 1 hr IN Town Hunter 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages