United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Is there anyone else out there, who receives their electric from REMC, a "member owned cooperative" by the way, and are concerned about the cost of their energy? The only thing I see about the so called "member owner cooperative" is that we're forced with their outrageous rates and cannot do anything about it!
Heres an Idea

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

Judged:

TOTALLY AGREE! My average bill is $414 per month. When I asked them why our rates are so much higher than Duke, they gave me a list of things I can do to cut energy and 8 free light bulbs. Smoke and mirrors! My electric goes out at least 3 times a month and we have to reset clocks. Their lines are old and crappy and we pay more per kilowatt than anyone around. Thanks for bringing that up, now I'm pissed all over again!
whocarez

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

My father lives in liberty and found out today by the meter reader his bill for one month is going to be much higher than normal. He usualy pays 600 or so a month for a total elec. home. i also have a total elec home with duke energy and pay arrox 175 a month at the most even in the summer. and my house is much larger than his. apparently the meter man told him it is the new digital readers that up the bill terribly. they are suppose to be in his own words "efficient" but are actually set to screw people. Someone needs to complain about this it sad when the meter reader will tell this to people and agree its a bunch of crap.
Switch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

is there any way you can switch from REMC to Duke
rookiedad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

No, I have went around and around with REMC and basically we're all screwed, nothing we can do about it.
givemabreak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Judged:

ARE YOU KIDDIN ME...DON'T YOU WATCH THE NEWS ITS NOT REMC ITS OUR GOVERMENT THEY ARE THE ONES RAISING OUR BILLS NOW THEY CAN GO UP MORE. SO STOP COMPLAINING A DO SOMETHINGS ABOUT IT THROUGH OUR GOVERMENT STOP THEM..
boring

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

then why hasnt dukes rates went up?on a total elec 4 bed 2 bath home we only pay 175 a month. it liberty for the same home your paying over 300. if this was the case duke would be up too and ive had similar elec. bills in this same house for 3 yrs
Shibe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Judged:

White Water Valley REMC has the highest rates in the State of Indiana, with Richmond Power & Light being the lowest in the state. REMC does need to lower it's rates.
Heres an Idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Someone needs to start something....a petition, a review, a riot? something! Where do we start?
Shibe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Heres an Idea wrote:
Someone needs to start something....a petition, a review, a riot? something! Where do we start?
I wish I knew where to start, maybe the Citizens Action Coalition?
Mommyof3

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

I am in, what can we do to make them bring down the bills? Our electric has been outragous for the last 8 years for no reason. We have all newer appliances and can't find a reason for this. They refuse to check into the matter. We have REMC out of Liberty. It averages about $200 the rest of the year. July 2010 bill was $378 Aug 2010 was $415 and Sept 2010 was $390. This is rediculous...is there anything that can be done? This is more that my house payment. Friends over a couple roads have remc, much bigger house and leave lights and tv's and c/a running all summer and their total bill is $215. It seems to be really hit and miss with the high bills. My aunts whole house is electric and she pays no more than $120 in the summer. The house 100 ft down the road is just as bad as mine. Help...
they suck

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

we have remc and used to have duke. my duke electric never hit over 150 a month. remc has never been close to being that low. same appliances, number of people, same size house, less use of a/c. yet, double the bill. you can bitch at them all you want and they blame everyone else. its not the govts fault when only remc is jacking up the rates. your only real option is to start a petition with remc customers. if that doesnt work, appeal to a higher level. we're all kinda screwed to be honest, and they know it.
Remc sux

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

I too have thos high bills,I was told that since J&J closed in brookville they have raised our rates,J.J. was their biggest customer,now we have to make up the difference,that's just wrong.Cked on getting on the budget and it seemed to lower my total over-all yearly bill.Time will tell??.
Erin

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

They told us in the annual meeting that it was based on how many houses are on your grid. They gave some crappy line like 'every grid gets the same amount of power, and if there are only 4 houses on that grid then those four pay more than a grid that had 20 houses on it'. Not excusing their behavior, just saying what they told then. I think its a load of crap the way they have us over a barrel. I have lived in the same house for 10 years, and my bill tripled this year! When we complained about the cost, one of the office girls told us that we could always have our electricity shut off!
dinner plates

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

start asking them about personal wind generators and see what they say to that im getting one this coming spring and they sure didnt want to here that
Jimmy

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

dinner plates wrote:
start asking them about personal wind generators and see what they say to that im getting one this coming spring and they sure didnt want to here that
What kind, who from, installing it yourself? I am interested in this too!
pizza detective

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

wind genorators go to www.awea.org all the info u need
BOO REMC

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Just curious, if the rates are suppose to be the same for all REMC's customers, then how is it different depending on your grid?
FYI

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Duke did raise their rates. Now they are just about as bad as REMC. It sucks that as a society we are held hostage to pay whatever they want to charge with no input.
impissed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

Shibe wrote:
White Water Valley REMC has the highest rates in the State of Indiana, with Richmond Power & Light being the lowest in the state. REMC does need to lower it's rates.
i agree with you all the way

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Liberty Forum right now

Search the Liberty Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fayette Regional loosing yet another doctor ? 5 min do not get it 19
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 18 min Lefty Field 6,502
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 19 min Lefty Field 4,201
Alphabet Game (Nov '13) 20 min Lefty Field 1,317
Football coach 5 hr Koko 21
Karen Antrim (Dec '13) 5 hr Koko 20
Maureen?? (Dec '13) 5 hr Koko 5
•••
•••