'Duck Dynasty' fans to descend on Connersville

Jun 13, 2013 Full story: The Indianapolis Star 58

If you want to start a conversation, just ask the men of Mathews Auto Center about "Duck Dynasty."

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kim Perry

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 13, 2013
But there are so many other fans that want to see Tom Petty and The Georgia Satellites too.
Too bad Tom Petty, Georgia Satellites, and wee Willie are all making an appearance on the same night.
Yawn

Rushville, IN

#2 Jun 14, 2013
People are getting carried away over these non-stars. My uncle Poople would be a more interesting guest and wouldn't charge admission. It just shows how far Connersville has sunk when a boring, hick, TV show can garner some acclaim in a town that took its' last breath years ago. Want a real star to come visit hayseedville? Then we should have held out for Honey Boo Boo...after all she and her people are probably related to most everyone here.
Anonymous

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2013
Yawn wrote:
People are getting carried away over these non-stars. My uncle Poople would be a more interesting guest and wouldn't charge admission. It just shows how far Connersville has sunk when a boring, hick, TV show can garner some acclaim in a town that took its' last breath years ago. Want a real star to come visit hayseedville? Then we should have held out for Honey Boo Boo...after all she and her people are probably related to most everyone here.
See your story is completely inaccurate. FFA and key club are raising money for the school and the clubs. Not for the town get your facts straight and at least we are trying to help this what are you going besides complaining?
Yawn

Rushville, IN

#4 Jun 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
See your story is completely inaccurate. FFA and key club are raising money for the school and the clubs. Not for the town get your facts straight and at least we are trying to help this what are you going besides complaining?
When you get past high school and enter something called "life" there are no FFA or Key Clubs....no one cares. I hear he's a motivational speaker...great...maybe he can motivate some of you young people to get off your butts, put down the x-box controller, and get a damned life outside your mamma and daddy's home. What am I doing? Paying taxes so little snots like you can sit around all day going to FFA and Key Club. Isn't it time for recess or your milk and cookie break junior? Oh, I forgot, it's naptime.
Anonymous

United States

#5 Jun 15, 2013
Yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get past high school and enter something called "life" there are no FFA or Key Clubs....no one cares. I hear he's a motivational speaker...great...maybe he can motivate some of you young people to get off your butts, put down the x-box controller, and get a damned life outside your mamma and daddy's home. What am I doing? Paying taxes so little snots like you can sit around all day going to FFA and Key Club. Isn't it time for recess or your milk and cookie break junior? Oh, I forgot, it's naptime.
Oh haha isn't that funny. You don't know me I just graduated have been involved in numerous activities am have two jobs going to Purdue to pursue pre veterinary medicine. And what have you done? Please go ahead and judge me again like I sit on my ass. I graduated with multiple honors and have worked my butt off so save yourself from calling me a snot nose kid. I have done a lot more with my life and FFA has helped me. I think your just jealous. Plus where would you be without farmers? Bake a d hungry so good try FFA is a wonderful club. Too bad your teaching your kids bad habits but that's why your in connersville.
Anonymous

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2013
Sorry *naked and hungry
sassafras

Connersville, IN

#9 Jun 15, 2013
I LOVE YOU Willie Robertson !!!!
Look at you

Connersville, IN

#10 Jun 15, 2013
Yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...look at you! Does it make you feel better about yourself, big shot, after you put down people, places and things? The person who ends up looking like a loser is you.
Yawn Again

Rushville, IN

#11 Jun 15, 2013
1. No I don't know you. 2. Congratulations on your graduating from CHS and going to Purdue. 3. You're right, I don't know you. 4. I should have known better. 5. I actually went to see Willie today and thought it was great. 6. I have asked the Lord to forgive my earlier comments. 7. I see now that I have hurt others by comments and my selfish actions. 8. I feel just terrible. 9. I would like to make amends. 10. Not!

Let's just hold a minute here...first off...no one cares what you are going to do at Purdue...in the end you'll be another kid graduating from there with a degree that you probably can't use. Yes, I will take fries with that...that's what I'll be saying to you sometime when I come in for my senior coffee at McDonalds. You know how I know that you are NOT going to Purdue (or anywhere aside from maybe Laurel University)? I'll tell you spiffy: no self-respecting kid would be caught dead on Topix these days. There, guess I told you. No login to The Facebook and tell all your friends that you've been dissed by a grumpy old grandpa. Go ahead...go on...you can do it.

Oh, and when you're done reading this...remember that sarcasm is a very high form of intelligence. The loser is the one who just doesn't get it. Gotto go. My boy PooPoo really wants to take another ride on that Tomboy The Tank Engine.

Hey, I hear that WKMA is playing your song: That's WKMA...the station Where you can Kiss My A!!...

Ha Ha Ha - LMAO Till The End of Time!
Dolly

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jun 15, 2013
People like you make me sick.
Still Yawning Dolly

Rushville, IN

#13 Jun 15, 2013
Dolly wrote:
People like you make me sick.
Why Thank You Dolly for the compliment. Actually I agree with you. People like me are horrible. They are just terrible. That's why I hate people like me. Oh, by the way, NOT! You see Dolly - and all the other dolly-like people - I don't care what you think because it just doesn't matter. Nope. Not one bit. Perhaps, while you are riding your high horse around this one-horse town (please return the horse to the horse barn by midnight please), you could help me search for your funny bone...located somewhere deep inside you because otherwise you'll just keel over from all this seriousness that you are putting out on TOPIX. Let us rejoice in the God Sarcasm because, in the end, that's the only jealous god there is. Uncle Poople was right, people just get wound up over nothin. Rest in Peace Uncle Poople.
sic - n - tired

Connersville, IN

#14 Jun 15, 2013
I am sick of hearing DUCK DYNASTY everytime i turn around.....now that it is over can we PLEASE get over the fact a second rate celebrety came to town!
Look at you

Connersville, IN

#15 Jun 15, 2013
All y'all naysayers with the nasty attitudes need to realize you're just making yourself look stupid.
Your so-called "sarcasm" isn't funny if you're the only one laughing.
Quack Quack

Rushville, IN

#16 Jun 15, 2013
You can't take these guys seriously. Not everyone loves Suck Dynasty. Not everyone believes that a town with more fast food restaurants than industry is necessarily great. Some people are tired of doing more with less and giving giving giving to a town that has long since dried up and withered away. Leave those sarcastic jerks alone...it's all they got to comfort them in their graying years.
DDC

United States

#17 Jun 15, 2013
Ok, anybody that went to the event. What did you think? What did you take away from the speaking engagement? What are you motivated to do?
Ed E

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jun 16, 2013
Didn't go see Willie.
Went over to Rushville to see the Georgia Satellites.
That was a VERY good concert. And free to the public too!
uncle si

Connersville, IN

#19 Jun 16, 2013
DDC wrote:
Ok, anybody that went to the event. What did you think? What did you take away from the speaking engagement? What are you motivated to do?
it was just about what ya see on tv JACK!!!!!!!
a good time, no he didnt offer to bring us jobs, but it was a chance to forget about Urban, scam motors.
Wag the Dog

Connersville, IN

#20 Jun 16, 2013
He wasn't motivational at all.
He talked about himself, his company, his family and their values. Faith, Family and Ducks as he put it.
I would have thought he could have congratulated Connersville on its' 200th Anniversary but he was too self absorbed to pull that out.
It was entertaining. I would have been upset to have paid 100 for floor seats and we were not lazy enough to pay 10 bucks to park when you can park for free a block away.
We went to the first show and our seats were right behind the goal post but they didn't sell the top 10 or so rows all the way around the bowl. When they announced that he was going to be 5 minutes late because he was "hunting" we moved up. There was a breeze up there till the orange shirts closed the doors.
Even Willie commented on the heat and suggested they do this again next year to raise money for an air conditioner in the Spartan Bowl.
Harry

Mason, OH

#21 Jun 16, 2013
Did he have any other family members there?
pistolpackinmama

Connersville, IN

#22 Jun 16, 2013
His brother Allen was there who is a minister. It's just refreshing as it was mentioned earlier of clean fun for the family. It was nice not to hear the mention of Urban or carbon motors. We may not have alot in our town but to have a speaker who mentioned how his family made it from being poor and changing their lives to what it is today. There is always hope. So to all of the naysayers. Be pessimistic, we don't care what you have to say. It is refreshing for some positive message in this town. You may not like the show, that's fine, you may hate the idea of positive and clean family entertainment. That's ok too. You can keep all of your negative energy to yourselves because quite frankly myself and others are getting quite peeved at your self pity and negative spewing words.

For once if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 25 min Honest Babe 7,874
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 27 min Honest Babe 5,829
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 28 min Honest Babe 1,910
Name things you can remember in Connersville fr... (Nov '07) 56 min rideswithscissors 2,825
six letter word game 1 hr SLY WEST 225
SWT aka Stupid White Trash 2 hr Wednesday Whacko 9
giant turd at gooden arches restroom 2 hr replying to a com... 6
Liberty Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 am PST