CAFO Coming to BENTONVILLE
wondered too

Franklin, IN

#44 Mar 20, 2013
wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how our own district senator voted on this law? I wonder why such a law is needed? I wonder will the next law passed will be "it is against the law to blow the whistle on lawmakers"?
Senator Jean Leising voted for this bill SB 373. The law is needed to protect the Factory Farmers, not the public's health. We are not suppose to know what we are buying at the grocery store, or what we feed our family. Try to remember these names on election day.

Check out the govt. website to see how the politician's voted.
http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2013/PDF/...
oh gosh

Franklin, IN

#46 Mar 20, 2013
wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how our own district senator voted on this law? I wonder why such a law is needed? I wonder will the next law passed will be "it is against the law to blow the whistle on lawmakers"?
This is probably WHY.

http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2013/...
Did My Own Research

Columbus, IN

#47 Mar 20, 2013
TwoCents wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of food comes from farms not residences .
The majority of Americans are fat and diseased, thanks to the junk that is passed off as food. That includes most of the meat which is full of JUNK. If you cannot grow your own food, at least buy locally grown food that is less likely to be jacked up.
loves bacon

Chillicothe, OH

#48 Mar 20, 2013
Well we wouldn't want junk in our food!!....YUK!..... But if there was a jack in my food I would want a toothpick!
Brad

Franklin, IN

#49 Mar 21, 2013
Where do you people want your food grown? You get all worked up over nothing.
They have been NO complaints about the other hog barns in the county....
They are trying to make a living, it's much harder than you could ever imagine trying to farm these days.
okay

Franklin, IN

#50 Mar 21, 2013
The other farmers here that have hogs are family farms. Go ahead make our land toxic and raise anti-biotic pigs to feed us.

Murderer!
Duh

Connersville, IN

#51 Mar 21, 2013
Brad wrote:
They are trying to make a living, it's much harder than you could ever imagine trying to farm these days.
Ag Production Enterprises is not a small family farm. It is a multi-million dollar hog operation based out of Greensburg, who doesn't give a rats ass about Bentonville and it's people. Where is the Steele hog operation if nobody is complaining?
Helpful Leader

Lafayette, IN

#52 Mar 21, 2013
Brad wrote:
Not in MY back yard. There has been complaints about the one located on 450 East. However getting someone to listen is something else.

If someone WANTS water, air and soil pollution, then you will be supportive.
Laurelite

Franklin, IN

#53 Mar 21, 2013
And you do not CARE if your crap flows down the river over our feeder dam. And kills us ALL down that way.

And btw get out of our Cemetery's. Know that no one will be able to find your grave 2000 years from now. And I don't like being buried next to a stranger.
Radical

Connersville, IN

#54 Mar 21, 2013
We the people,,, can let the Governor know what is happening in his state by using the Ask Mike with Governor Mike Pence on his web page listed below.

http://in.gov/gov/2333.htm

Refer to the town of Bentonville and people who will have to live with this forever.

I did.

If you can comment on Topix, you can comment to him.
Nasty Swine Farms

Indianapolis, IN

#55 Mar 21, 2013
I'm complaining! I have two of these facilities near me, one two and a half miles north of me and the other is about two and a half miles south west of me. The owners went on and on about how you wouldn't smell them and a bunch of other bullsh!t .... I noticed they didn't put them anywhere near their homes. So now we deal with the stinch throughout the year, can't even open the windows on a nice day, plus the fact that some people's wells are contaminated. It's all about the money, they don't give a crap about anyones health or anything else for that matter. I thought at least we wouldn't smell them in the winter months but that's not the case, you smell them all year round. I hate those nasty places!
Nasty Swine Farms

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Mar 21, 2013
I totally agree with you! Nobody will listen .... these places are money makers.
Helpful Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in MY back yard. There has been complaints about the one located on 450 East. However getting someone to listen is something else.
If someone WANTS water, air and soil pollution, then you will be supportive.
Nasty Swine Farms

Indianapolis, IN

#57 Mar 21, 2013
and btw Helpful Leader the 450 East facility is one of the places I was talking about .... I or my neighbors never knew it was going in untill it was being built, but we were told we would never smell anything from it, just another lie.
Paying Half Attention

United States

#58 Mar 21, 2013
So, they are providing the ribs for the bicentennial celebration. I love a good bbq. I may have to break out the charcoal grill.

What are the nearest creeks and streams in that area? Any environmental releases from this company?
Radical

Connersville, IN

#59 Mar 21, 2013
Radical wrote:
We the people,,, can let the Governor know what is happening in his state by using the Ask Mike with Governor Mike Pence on his web page listed below.
http://in.gov/gov/2333.htm
Refer to the town of Bentonville and people who will have to live with this forever.
I did.
If you can comment on Topix, you can comment to him.
If more people send him a note than me, he/they will wonder what is going on in Posey Township. Remember May 13 is the hearing date.
If the Governor can get involved with a deer's release in Fayette County, he can make points by saving a community from hell.
Radical

Connersville, IN

#60 Mar 21, 2013
Just a FYI.
If they manage to build the two hog barns, nothing in the "law" can keep them from building, four, six, eight.......... Get the point! Write or live with the consequence.
Connersville would not allow this to happen to their people, so why do we, a community with a Church of Prayer? Why not use the old Wal-Mart building? Think anybody would complain?
Ever drive into Rushville on a nice hot day and notice the SMELL from the downtown stockyard?
The location at 600N/650W is a field with 3 flags now, no construction YET! Corn and beans are better than pigs. Work Fast!
Cant stand the smell

Indianapolis, IN

#61 Mar 21, 2013
Brad wrote:
To whom do I lodge my complaints? Does a complaint have to be publicly addressed before it counts in your book? Where are you getting your information?
Just because YOU have not heard complaints does not mean that there are none.
Could You

Franklin, IN

#62 Mar 21, 2013
Radical wrote:
This page contains resources for activists working to protect communities from factory farms, including factsheets, information for community organizers, downloadable activist signs/slogans, and more.
http://www.sraproject.org/opposing/activistre...
Just as the Politicians do when in a campaign, we need flyers and foot soldiers to go door to door, to inform the families who live here for this meeting. We need the time, address, and date of the meeting also.

Please Organize!
Radical

Connersville, IN

#63 Mar 21, 2013
Could You wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as the Politicians do when in a campaign, we need flyers and foot soldiers to go door to door, to inform the families who live here for this meeting. We need the time, address, and date of the meeting also.
Please Organize!
Information has been requested from the APC Office and will be posted when available.
We need a petition containing every Bentonville resident and hopefully signatures from the church congregation. Cemetery visitors will appreciate the smell when visiting their loved ones. The fish fry and voting won't be the same if they get to build.
Radical

Connersville, IN

#64 Mar 21, 2013
Barton,
Return my call. I have some questions concerning the roads around 600N/650W. Make it easy on yourself.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to Repeal the Wheel Tax! (Apr '11) 37 min County Mountie 14
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 1 hr Fairydust 1,083
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 1 hr Fairydust 2,041
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 1 hr Fairydust 2,749
centers vs pursifull (Jan '11) 2 hr Daniel S 5
**Double Letter Word** game (Jun '11) 7 hr Vector aka Victor... 4,747
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 7 hr Vector aka Victor... 11,881
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages