where the best church to go to??
really

Orleans, IN

#41 Jan 30, 2013
Demanding? wow, so when did going to a restaurant as a paying customer and asking for the services offered being demanding, what did they want a glass of ice water, some extra napkins, condiments perhaps, their food prepared to satisfaction maybe, refill on coffee or soft drink. That is what you are there to do as the waiter. If they dont tip I'm sorry but they dont come there to tip, they come to pay twice, three times the price of fast food for the service. the problem lies with the fact that the employer can get away with paying wait staff 2.13 an hour instead of minimum wage. pizza drivers get minimum wage+ tips. The waiter who has a problem needs to go to the restaurant owner and complain about these SOB customers who run him to death and then dont tip and refuse to wait for them next time.
food for thought

Bloomington, IN

#42 Jan 30, 2013
really wrote:
Demanding? wow, so when did going to a restaurant as a paying customer and asking for the services offered being demanding, what did they want a glass of ice water, some extra napkins, condiments perhaps, their food prepared to satisfaction maybe, refill on coffee or soft drink. That is what you are there to do as the waiter. If they dont tip I'm sorry but they dont come there to tip, they come to pay twice, three times the price of fast food for the service. the problem lies with the fact that the employer can get away with paying wait staff 2.13 an hour instead of minimum wage. pizza drivers get minimum wage+ tips. The waiter who has a problem needs to go to the restaurant owner and complain about these SOB customers who run him to death and then dont tip and refuse to wait for them next time.
Obviously you have never been involved in food service or restaurant management other than on the receiving end. Most restaurants don't make a high profit margin and not able to pay minimum wage. If they did pay $7.50/hr the cost of items on the menu would increase significantly. Also the servers (by not accepting tips) couldn't afford the gas to get to and fro to their job. When people tip the cost of food, employees, etc. is a win-win situation.

While I have witnessed excellent customers I have also seen families who invade a restaurant, leave a huge mess, demand to be catered to, complain about the food AFTER they have eaten everything (wanting the bill comp'ed), trash the restroom then walk out without leaving $1.00. I wouldn't wait on your table either Mister!
not

Salem, IN

#43 Jan 30, 2013
You dont "need" a church. Nature is my church. Try walking outside.
I beleive

Orleans, IN

#44 Jan 30, 2013
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have never been involved in food service or restaurant management other than on the receiving end. Most restaurants don't make a high profit margin and not able to pay minimum wage. If they did pay $7.50/hr the cost of items on the menu would increase significantly. Also the servers (by not accepting tips) couldn't afford the gas to get to and fro to their job. When people tip the cost of food, employees, etc. is a win-win situation.
While I have witnessed excellent customers I have also seen families who invade a restaurant, leave a huge mess, demand to be catered to, complain about the food AFTER they have eaten everything (wanting the bill comp'ed), trash the restroom then walk out without leaving $1.00. I wouldn't wait on your table either Mister!
All this is not the customers problem if the employee is not making enough money that one group of people comes in once in a while is keeping them from making their bills on a monthly basis He ( the employee ) needs to do something about it other than claim he is in the poor house because the bikers dont tip.( I'm not buying it ). I also dont think the Biker Church people are going to eat all the food and then want the meal comp'ed either.
food for thought

Bloomington, IN

#45 Jan 30, 2013
I beleive wrote:
<quoted text> All this is not the customers problem if the employee is not making enough money that one group of people comes in once in a while is keeping them from making their bills on a monthly basis He ( the employee ) needs to do something about it other than claim he is in the poor house because the bikers dont tip.( I'm not buying it ). I also dont think the Biker Church people are going to eat all the food and then want the meal comp'ed either.
I believe you assume a great deal. No where did I mention any particular church or group. I wanted to give some insight into why servers depend upon tips and restaurant owners cannot pay minimum wage. To me tipping is just good manners. If you don't wish to, it is certainly your choice. Since this thread is about churches and their members, it is prudent to keep in mind you are representing Christ in the community. You are the only Bible that many shall see and your life and habits should reflect kindness.
benice

Connersville, IN

#46 Jan 30, 2013
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you assume a great deal. No where did I mention any particular church or group. I wanted to give some insight into why servers depend upon tips and restaurant owners cannot pay minimum wage. To me tipping is just good manners. If you don't wish to, it is certainly your choice. Since this thread is about churches and their members, it is prudent to keep in mind you are representing Christ in the community. You are the only Bible that many shall see and your life and habits should reflect kindness.
AMEN
benice

Connersville, IN

#47 Jan 30, 2013
really wrote:
Demanding? wow, so when did going to a restaurant as a paying customer and asking for the services offered being demanding, what did they want a glass of ice water, some extra napkins, condiments perhaps, their food prepared to satisfaction maybe, refill on coffee or soft drink. That is what you are there to do as the waiter. If they dont tip I'm sorry but they dont come there to tip, they come to pay twice, three times the price of fast food for the service. the problem lies with the fact that the employer can get away with paying wait staff 2.13 an hour instead of minimum wage. pizza drivers get minimum wage+ tips. The waiter who has a problem needs to go to the restaurant owner and complain about these SOB customers who run him to death and then dont tip and refuse to wait for them next time.
TIPS are to make sure you get proper service. Since servers are only making $2.13 an hour then they will give the customers excellent service to make sure they get that great tip to make up for it. If servers were making minimum wage the service would go WAY down. Because frankly they wouldn't care as much about the customer because they are making minimum wage no matter how good or bad they serve you.
DDC

United States

#48 Jan 30, 2013
OP, you get any ideas yet? Never saw another post from you. Be sociable. Go to several. Maybe your friends go to one. Talk with the padre, father, reverend,... after mass.
I beleive

Orleans, IN

#49 Jan 31, 2013
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you assume a great deal. No where did I mention any particular church or group. I wanted to give some insight into why servers depend upon tips and restaurant owners cannot pay minimum wage. To me tipping is just good manners. If you don't wish to, it is certainly your choice. Since this thread is about churches and their members, it is prudent to keep in mind you are representing Christ in the community. You are the only Bible that many shall see and your life and habits should reflect kindness.
POST # 40 unless there are 2 food for thought.
I beleive

Orleans, IN

#50 Jan 31, 2013
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you assume a great deal. No where did I mention any particular church or group. I wanted to give some insight into why servers depend upon tips and restaurant owners cannot pay minimum wage. To me tipping is just good manners. If you don't wish to, it is certainly your choice. Since this thread is about churches and their members, it is prudent to keep in mind you are representing Christ in the community. You are the only Bible that many shall see and your life and habits should reflect kindness.
We are not talking about what I do, We were talking about the biker church group at some restaurant and what they do or dont do. I'm not representing anything except myself and I am not the biker church or any other church
I beleive

Orleans, IN

#51 Jan 31, 2013
benice wrote:
<quoted text>
TIPS are to make sure you get proper service. Since servers are only making $2.13 an hour then they will give the customers excellent service to make sure they get that great tip to make up for it. If servers were making minimum wage the service would go WAY down. Because frankly they wouldn't care as much about the customer because they are making minimum wage no matter how good or bad they serve you.
You can kill some people with kindness and you still wont get a tip, I am sorry but that is a fact. It is also a fact that if you try to live off a job where the main source of income is tips in a place where no one has disposable cash..........well I wish you luck on a tip job in C'ville
Nostradamus

South Elgin, IL

#52 Jan 31, 2013
I beleive wrote:
<quoted text> You can kill some people with kindness and you still wont get a tip, I am sorry but that is a fact. It is also a fact that if you try to live off a job where the main source of income is tips in a place where no one has disposable cash..........well I wish you luck on a tip job in C'ville
What does this have anything to about God?
I beleive

Orleans, IN

#53 Jan 31, 2013
Nostradamus wrote:
<quoted text>What does this have anything to about God?
You would have to go back and read the whole thread to see how it got to this point.
Jesus

Sunman, IN

#54 Jan 31, 2013
St. Gabriel
sandi

Connersville, IN

#56 Jan 31, 2013
Community Gospel church: ::David Pinter is the pastor
alien

Chicago, IL

#57 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient aliens on h2
Gator

United States

#58 Feb 3, 2013
Sure they do....they judge others just like the other churches do. Well, unless you are the "in" group.
I call BS wrote:
<quoted text> I know Crosspointe and you are wrong they dont promote any of that, they just know we are human so they dont look down there nose at you when you walk through the door
I call BS

Connersville, IN

#59 Feb 3, 2013
Ok there must have been something special about me then because i wasnt in the so-called "in group", in fact I didnt know any of them. I found a Crosspointe card on my bike one day and showed up about two weeks later
Hedda Hopper

Richmond, IN

#60 Feb 3, 2013
My journalism skills (yes, Virginia there are still some of us out there) questions the rationale of affording a Harley but not a tip. A similar situation has gone viral. A server at Applebees received a snarky message written on a meal ticket from a local pastor in the area. The woman-of-God commented about the 18% added gratuity for their party of 8. She said she gave God 10% so why should she give the server 18%.

The server took a pic and posted it on FB. Now the girl has been fired for doing what? Exposing a fraud? All of us seriously doubt this pastor who probably received their licensing through online services, ever tipped in her life. I also doubt she gave the church her tithe as it is to be done with a right heart attitude. Now her unwarranted actions have cause a person to lose her job. What has happened to our churches and ministers?

Attendance in churches in down and keeps declining. Being a minister meant something and is more than riding around on a Harley or a BMW with a pack of followers. It is discipleship. You lead by example.
I call BS

Connersville, IN

#61 Feb 3, 2013
Funny but the attendance at the "biker" church is growing by leaps and bounds and just because some body on here has a bone with Crosspointe doesnt mean they dont tip, total hearsay. Now to your other story the reason the girl was fired was the fact that she didnt understand that the bad publicity was going to fall on an Applebees that she did not own. The minister in this case did not cause a person to lose their job, the server in a rash decision did the posting thus costing her a job. When you own the business then you can make the rules and with that being said I'm sure the business owner where Crosspointe supposedly didn't tip wants their business in there every week regardless if they tip or they dont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
unigov 4 min Gunman 5
Deeply Offended 9 min Raji Ganges 6
Do you think Mike Bottomley the Park Supertende... (Oct '08) 51 min Axtogrind 144
Lost dog 1 hr helpful 8
Snapchat Sun Yep 1
Jessica Ezsol Jun 26 youknowmebitch 7
Derby car wanted Jun 26 Walt 1
More from around the web

Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages