love my job inlexington

Kingsport, TN

#24 Nov 30, 2012
lex wrote:
yeah they don't take care of the people there.
True there are some lazy people who work there but others really love the job! I have worked there for some time now, I could write a book about all the heartsick people who live there and their FAMILY only comes to see them on Mother's /Father's Day and Christmas. It is no wonder that Mom/Dad looks so bad! We give our heart and soul to care for our precious elderly. We are indeed underpaid and under appreciated and we catch the heat when things go bad, but we are a restraintfree facility and when you have 16 patients [yes 16 patients] to take care of during the night with 4 or more that crawl out of the bed and are combative due to dementia and other health issues we do the very best that we can do. I LOVE my job and I wouldn;t trade it for anything else but I get tired of hearing 'I wouldn't put my dog there,' When your family moves into our house they become part of OUR family and we love them and take care of them as if they were our own flesh and blood!!!! LEXINGTON MANOR CNA'S ROCK!!
jussayin

Jackson, TN

#25 Nov 30, 2012
love my job inlexington wrote:
<quoted text> True there are some lazy people who work there but others really love the job! I have worked there for some time now, I could write a book about all the heartsick people who live there and their FAMILY only comes to see them on Mother's /Father's Day and Christmas. It is no wonder that Mom/Dad looks so bad! We give our heart and soul to care for our precious elderly. We are indeed underpaid and under appreciated and we catch the heat when things go bad, but we are a restraintfree facility and when you have 16 patients [yes 16 patients] to take care of during the night with 4 or more that crawl out of the bed and are combative due to dementia and other health issues we do the very best that we can do. I LOVE my job and I wouldn;t trade it for anything else but I get tired of hearing 'I wouldn't put my dog there,' When your family moves into our house they become part of OUR family and we love them and take care of them as if they were our own flesh and blood!!!! LEXINGTON MANOR CNA'S ROCK!!
Tha Registered nurses are the ones who treat cna's like shit!
LDW

Jackson, TN

#26 Oct 11, 2013
Tell it like it is:)
hot momma_1 wrote:
just to let everyone know i currently work at the manor and i am proud of what i do. i do agree that us cna's are highly UNDER paid but the truth of the matter is every employee knows where the door is and knows how to walk into mcdonalds for anouther job. everybody in the home is there for a reason weather it be rehab or maybe some ppl put their family there bacause THEY dont care. i assure you that nobody is hurt intentionally. accidents do happen that out of our control. sometimes these residents fight us, sometimes they are ill, sometimes maybe they just loose their ballance. come on just because its a nursing home dont mean crap. look back afew months ago when the elder lady was living with her son dennis tate and his girl friend pam bowman. they beat this woman. she had sores and abrasions all over her body. things happen everywhere but nursing homes are monitered by the state and feds. when accidents occur they have to be reported to state officials. if you have someone in there go visit them more often and then if you dont like what you see then take them home with you see if you can handle them better us. I LOVE MY JOB!!!!
quit lyin

Kingsport, TN

#27 Oct 11, 2013
The CNAs there are nasty crooks. Steal from residents n just shady ho-ing drug addicts. I really should name names but they fat asses arent worth it. Fugly bitch. Wonder y u alone.
Caregiver

Chatsworth, GA

#28 Oct 13, 2013
How dare anybody complain about the care their family is getting when you drop them off at the doors for everybody else to take care of them!! If you love your family, take them home with you and do it yourself!!
Sydney

Tullahoma, TN

#29 Oct 13, 2013
I couldn't imagine doing this job. It has to be hard to take care of someone else's family member when try don't even care to visit them then y'all criticize how that person is taken care of. Like most of these people say. If you really have that much of a problem then take them to your home and you try doing their job. I'm proud of all the people who work their bc I know I couldn't do that job so I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and talk bad about people who try their hardest. Yes I'm sure there are some there that give the others a bad name but that is at any job.
Big time

United States

#30 Oct 13, 2013
The cna's are under staffed.....they should hire more, so they can spend more one on one time with the patients .... There are some very fat, lazy, non caring nurses there!!!
Management should do a better job of hiring !
They want to hire people that don't even care about elder people.... They're just there to get a pay check .....(like young high school kids)

I use to work there..... So, I know what it's all about!!!

The nurses also need a make over because they are ugly, fat, slouchy , and disgusting !
Curious

United States

#31 Nov 7, 2013
I'm thinking about Applying for a job there , care to tell me about it ?
ChildsPlay

Lexington, TN

#32 Nov 9, 2013
my mom wrote:
During my mothers stay, she got shingles quite often and I had to stay on them to call the doctor to give her something. I went to see her one night and she talked like normal and the next day she couldn't speak at all. I told them something was wrong, they said that they had not noticed anything different and acted like it was nothing until I kept after them and they finally they sent her to the hospital where they told me she had a stroke. How can you NOT tell if you pay attention to the patients you are taking care of?? I was told that the Manor was the best in Lexington, I really have my doubts about that. If the other one is worse, God help the residence that live there.
So sad, but yes Brairwood is worse.
Haha

United States

#33 Nov 9, 2013
I used to work at Lexington manor. I loved it!! It's the cleanest nursing home in Lexington for one thing. They also have a strict policy about not hiring teenagers in high school btw. I worked the 3 to 11 shift. I came in and made my first rounds as soon as those rounds were done it was time to take people down to the dining room and take others their supper trays. As soon as that was finished it was time to get them back to their rooms. Then u start all over making rounds and putting them to bed. By the time that's through it's already time to make your final rounds. Not to mention the call lights u have to stop doing what you're doing to go check on. And you have to deal with family members that do not even care or come see their loved ones jump down your throat and criticize you. It's supposed to be a team effort between the CNAs and the family but it's not. If you really cared you wouldn't throw them in the nursing home and not see them. Most of the nurses and CNAs love the patients more than their own families do. And most of the patients love the nurses and CNAs more than they do their family. Yes accidents are going to happen in a large place like that. Accidents that can and would happen if they were at home but atleast there are people checking in on them on a regular schedule where if they were at home they would be dead before family found them. Sickness is also passed around just like in schools and communities. You have a large number of people with low immune systems so that's gonna happen. I have had to sit in a room all night with a dying man so he wouldn't be alone because no one in his family cared. The CNAs took turns coming in to sit with him and keep him comfortable and so he wouldn't die feeling alone and unloved. That's the care CNAs put into their patients. Not the family members
reallife

Nashville, TN

#34 Nov 9, 2013
ChildsPlay wrote:
<quoted text>So sad, but yes Brairwood is worse.
Briarwood has far better patient care than Lexington Manor
shirley

Savannah, TN

#35 Nov 9, 2013
The only thing wrong with briarwood is Jose hiring all her family to work their. The take off,play on computer and goof off plus get paid weather they work or not. I send letter to home office. We see if that helps. Other than that,Briarwood kicks a$$ all over manor but take your famle member their if you want them to just lay their and die
CURIOUS

Lexington, TN

#36 Dec 2, 2013
hot momma_1 wrote:
just to let everyone know i currently work at the manor and i am proud of what i do. i do agree that us cna's are highly UNDER paid but the truth of the matter is every employee knows where the door is and knows how to walk into mcdonalds for anouther job. everybody in the home is there for a reason weather it be rehab or maybe some ppl put their family there bacause THEY dont care. i assure you that nobody is hurt intentionally. accidents do happen that out of our control. sometimes these residents fight us, sometimes they are ill, sometimes maybe they just loose their ballance. come on just because its a nursing home dont mean crap. look back afew months ago when the elder lady was living with her son dennis tate and his girl friend pam bowman. they beat this woman. she had sores and abrasions all over her body. things happen everywhere but nursing homes are monitered by the state and feds. when accidents occur they have to be reported to state officials. if you have someone in there go visit them more often and then if you dont like what you see then take them home with you see if you can handle them better us. I LOVE MY JOB!!!!
We'll I thinks it's so sad you do work their, especially turning your head on things that you know staff members have done wrong to those elderly people.. PATHETIC... YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT..... But I can tell you one thing, may the "LORD" be with you and some of the others that work their.
curious as well

Parsons, TN

#37 Jan 2, 2014
If you find it so 'sad', why don't you do the job of both a nurse and CNA and take care of your own family member? And you must not understand the rule: no tolerance for abuse. Everything that happens to our residents are reported, but if you feel as if your parent/grandparent wasn't treated properly then I suggest you go to our administrator instead of bashing us on a gossip site. We receive more abuse from family than anything which makes it a hell of a lot harder on us and since you're apparently unqualified to care for them yourself why don't you let us do our job?
really

Medon, TN

#38 Jan 2, 2014
curious as well wrote:
If you find it so 'sad', why don't you do the job of both a nurse and CNA and take care of your own family member? And you must not understand the rule: no tolerance for abuse. Everything that happens to our residents are reported, but if you feel as if your parent/grandparent wasn't treated properly then I suggest you go to our administrator instead of bashing us on a gossip site. We receive more abuse from family than anything which makes it a hell of a lot harder on us and since you're apparently unqualified to care for them yourself why don't you let us do our job?
your administrator is the biggest problem! dumb,lying rhymes with witch woman! she needs the sh*t slapped out of her one good time.
who

Savannah, TN

#39 Jan 2, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text> your administrator is the biggest problem! dumb,lying rhymes with witch woman! she needs the sh*t slapped out of her one good time.
the administator is a man , dumbass
michael baker

Lexington, TN

#40 Jan 2, 2014
who wrote:
<quoted text>the administator is a man , dumbass
yea and Alan is a dumbass as well.
STILL CURIOUS

Lexington, TN

#41 Jan 3, 2014
curious as well wrote:
Excuse me...... But we did, and let me tell you something get your sh** straight before you open your mouth on facts from others. GOT IT.... My dad was in their for therapy after 2 days they called me late one evening, I went down their. CERTAIN LADY pulled me aside and said he was talking out of his head. I went in and talked to him he told me to get him out of their, so I had ambulance come and get him took him up to hospital to get checked out. He showed me places on him, I took pictures......, he told when and how it happened and who.... At first I had my doubts, but the next day we went down their had his chart pulled, and NO MAME HE WAS NOT TALKING CRAP... Couple of months later my dad passed away. So nobody wants to here bull crap lies about that place. I WOULD NOT SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO THAT PLACE.... YOU people have no compassion what so ever for the people down their. But I can tell ya one thing it may be 5 months, 12 months, or heck even 10 years from now, but it will come back to those who deserve it.
smh-nobody knows

Lexington, TN

#42 Jan 3, 2014
I hope you feel better wrote:
People have died on there watch as well. I know of one person it happen to. Don't know if she was watching the patient or what. I think someone should watch them. They fired her and she tried to come back, but they did the right thing and turned her down.
if we are speaking about the same CNA she done NOTHING wrong that day...and NOBODY knows the time/day when God calls you home! why if the resident passed...would she NOT report it! and FYI she was asked my some of the staff members if she would like to come back BUT her certification was expired ........
Good for you

Parsons, TN

#43 Jan 4, 2014
STILL CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me...... But we did, and let me tell you something get your sh** straight before you open your mouth on facts from others. GOT IT.... My dad was in their for therapy after 2 days they called me late one evening, I went down their. CERTAIN LADY pulled me aside and said he was talking out of his head. I went in and talked to him he told me to get him out of their, so I had ambulance come and get him took him up to hospital to get checked out. He showed me places on him, I took pictures......, he told when and how it happened and who.... At first I had my doubts, but the next day we went down their had his chart pulled, and NO MAME HE WAS NOT TALKING CRAP... Couple of months later my dad passed away. So nobody wants to here bull crap lies about that place. I WOULD NOT SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO THAT PLACE.... YOU people have no compassion what so ever for the people down their. But I can tell ya one thing it may be 5 months, 12 months, or heck even 10 years from now, but it will come back to those who deserve it.
Get my crap straight? I work there. You had his chart pulled? They're open to family and contain nothing out of the ordinary and wouldn't suggest abuse if that's what you're hinting at. Abuse cases take a lot longer to process than 2 days and I highly doubt you wouldn't have been notified if abuse was suspected. I'm sorry for your loss but I fail to see how that connects with our facility? We have no compassion for them? Really? Family members all but drop them off there to die. More than half of our residents haven't seen their family in over a month yet want to come in and tell us what they need. So don't tell me we don't have compassion just because our residents families would rather not come in just because they can't remember them or just don't want to see them like that. We're there when family isn't. We see them cry and hear them hollar for their families and when we call so they can talk to them all we get is 'he won't understand''Im busy I'll call back later' or 'i was just there'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
to the deadbeats parents 1 hr just sayin 1
Erica Denise Johnson? 4 hr Kay J 1
Michael mchorris (Aug '12) 5 hr feeling sorry for... 36
Shawnee Bledsoe (Oct '12) 15 hr scotts hill boy 12
wal mart salon 17 hr admirer 5
Guy in red jeep? Wed Curious 3
Steven Todd (Sep '13) Wed wildersville 3
Lexington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web