If you grew up in Lexington, Remember...

If you grew up in Lexington, Remember When?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Good old Days

Tullahoma, TN

#1 Aug 4, 2011
The Hang out was MFA parking lot.
Bill Coomer

Huntington Station, NY

#2 Aug 7, 2011
UK's Campus Corner restaurant had the biggest plate of fries you could get and Charlie Brown's had the best Prime Rib in town!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 9, 2011
I think you have the wrong Lexington forum Bill. This is Lex. TN.
crystal phillips

Crossville, TN

#4 Aug 9, 2011
old walmart parking lot and the bowling alley!!! and we cant forget about the lake those were the good ole days!!
John SHOUSE

United States

#5 Sep 7, 2014
I grew up on Bennett Ave. we came to Lex in 1939. I lived in 3 houses on Bennett. I was educated @ Jefferson Davis- Lexington Jr-Henry Cay High School. Graduated in 1953. I worked at Coons Grocery when I was 13 years old. My recollection of Bennett Ave are all good ones. The people were all hard working people that cared for one another..I had a childhood where we were poor in one respect but very rich in another. No money and material things but a home where we had love
I go back to the old neighborhood to remember the good times as well as the bad. I wish my children could have grown up on Bennett Ave. the street where friends were friends and people cared for people.
John SHOUSE
Tyrone Biggums

Memphis, TN

#6 Sep 7, 2014
Most teenage girls weren't pregnant, and there was no meth or crackheads?
StinkFoot

Blytheville, AR

#7 Sep 7, 2014
Arnold's Restaurant, out by Beech Lake; best chicken livers anywhere. Country Boy, where the best cheeseburger could be found. Tom Hatchett's, where a cold beer made the cheeseburger even better.
ntheno

Savannah, TN

#8 Sep 8, 2014
Skating Rink on S. Main St.
The Hut Restaurant
The Mug and Cone
Granny

Mount Juliet, TN

#9 Sep 9, 2014
StinkFoot wrote:
Arnold's Restaurant, out by Beech Lake; best chicken livers anywhere. Country Boy, where the best cheeseburger could be found. Tom Hatchett's, where a cold beer made the cheeseburger even better.
Arnold's , best bar-b-q baked beans ad cheeseburgers.
Chow Wagon was great also.
John Boy

Buchanan, TN

#10 Sep 9, 2014
Ray Berryman when he was poor and had a wig and drove Dodge dart for the Police Dept, Wow that was forever ago but it was good times...
StinkFoot

Blytheville, AR

#11 Sep 10, 2014
Had the Princess Theatre, and also the Strand, across the intersection., The Drive-in movie out on Hwy.22 North, but I can't remember the name. Dairy Bar across from Creasey's old Honda, and another burger place out near Hayes' Market.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kietha Wood Pearson 19 min Ash 4
Lexington swingers 1 hr Larrythelobster 5
Leroy buyout 4 hr Grapevine 7
Try something new 7 hr Oddity 3
You weren't worth it 11 hr Used 3
I'm up 18 hr truthforealsshh 10
Camel toe 18 hr Sam Walton 2

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance