Fluid Routing Solutions to bring more...

Fluid Routing Solutions to bring more jobs to Lexington

There are 12 comments on the Jacksonsun.com story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Fluid Routing Solutions to bring more jobs to Lexington. In it, Jacksonsun.com reports that:

Fluid Routing Solutions will close its Ocala, Fla., plant and move 169 jobs to Lexington 'as quickly as possible,' Lexington Mayor Bobby Dyer said today. via Jacksonsun.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonsun.com.

Ocala FRS

United States

#1 Feb 26, 2008
Well, thanks for letting central FL location know.
OCALA VICTIM

United States

#2 Mar 4, 2008
PLEASE INVESTIGATE AND REPLY BACK AND TELL OCALA EMPLOYEES THE TRUTH SO WE CAN PLAN OUR FUTURES..... INSTEAD OF NOT HAVING ANY FUTURE AT ALL< OR AT LEAST A GRIM ONE.

DID WILLIAMS SAY WE ARE CLOSING OCALA??? AND IF SO WHY CAN"T HE BE THE ONE TO TELL US THE TRUTH. AFTER ALL, HE IS OUR PLANT MANAGER TOO.

OCALA — Fluid Routing Solutions is shifting jobs from its Ocala plant to a sister facility in Tennessee, a move that will eventually cut the number of workers in the former Dayco plant here by nearly half.

The company is consolidating some jobs in the Tennessee plant, said company spokesman Gary Corrigan. Contrary to a report in a Tennessee newspaper Tuesday, that doesn't mean the Ocala plant will be shut down.

"The plant is not closing," he said.----HCNEWS CONTRADICTS & SAYS CLOSING OCALA PLANT PER WILLIAMS and DYER.

Some of the new jobs will be relocations from Ocala, and others will be new hires Corrigan said.

The Ocala plant currently employs 390 people. By the end of the shift of some jobs to Lexington, Tenn., that number eventually will be reduced, mostly through attrition, to about 200, he added.

Fluid Routing Solutions became the name of the former Dayco Products last year when Sun Capital Partners, a private equity firm, bought Dayco from Mark IV Enterprises last year.

Mark IV sold six plants to Sun Capital Partners, including both the Ocala and Tennessee facilities.

The Ocala plant makes automotive hoses such as power steering and cooling system hoses, and related products. The factory opened in 1980 in a former grocery warehouse. At the time of last year's sale, the average wage was about $13.02 an hour, Williams said.

The Ocala site has been for sale since last year. The city approved a zoning change last year for the site, from medium industrial to retail use.
OCALA VICTIM

United States

#3 Mar 4, 2008
PLEASE INVESTIGATE AND REPLY BACK AND TELL OCALA EMPLOYEES THE TRUTH SO WE CAN PLAN OUR FUTURES..... INSTEAD OF NOT HAVING ANY FUTURE AT ALL< OR AT LEAST A GRIM ONE.
DID WILLIAMS SAY WE ARE CLOSING OCALA??? AND IF SO WHY CAN"T HE BE THE ONE TO TELL US THE TRUTH. AFTER ALL, HE IS OUR PLANT MANAGER TOO.
OCALA — Fluid Routing Solutions is shifting jobs from its Ocala plant to a sister facility in Tennessee, a move that will eventually cut the number of workers in the former Dayco plant here by nearly half.
The company is consolidating some jobs in the Tennessee plant, said company spokesman Gary Corrigan. Contrary to a report in a Tennessee newspaper Tuesday, that doesn't mean the Ocala plant will be shut down.
"The plant is not closing," he said.----HCNEWS CONTRADICTS & SAYS CLOSING OCALA PLANT PER WILLIAMS and DYER.
Some of the new jobs will be relocations from Ocala, and others will be new hires Corrigan said.
The Ocala plant currently employs 390 people. By the end of the shift of some jobs to Lexington, Tenn., that number eventually will be reduced, mostly through attrition, to about 200, he added.
Fluid Routing Solutions became the name of the former Dayco Products last year when Sun Capital Partners, a private equity firm, bought Dayco from Mark IV Enterprises last year.
Mark IV sold six plants to Sun Capital Partners, including both the Ocala and Tennessee facilities.
The Ocala plant makes automotive hoses such as power steering and cooling system hoses, and related products. The factory opened in 1980 in a former grocery warehouse. At the time of last year's sale, the average wage was about $13.02 an hour, Williams said.
The Ocala site has been for sale since last year. The city approved a zoning change last year for the site, from medium industrial to retail use.
Ocala FRS

United States

#4 Mar 4, 2008
OK We have 390 people, and Russ plans to eliminate 190 with attrition!? By this summer no less. Please, what a crock. We are already down from 500+ a year ago. People here just want the truth and no one seems to be willing to tell them what is going on.
Detroit FRS closing

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2008
Quit your crying at least your plant is still open ours is closing 4/6/08 is our last day.
UAW 389

Montague, MI

#6 Apr 13, 2008
In solidarity to all those who lost there jobs in
Ocala and Detroit. They leave us nothing else to do but to organise and fight
frs production br plant

AOL

#7 Aug 21, 2008
i am sorry that detriot workers lost there jobs-and if ocala does we will probably be next. they are trying to run us in the ground with our new detroit plant manager ass. it is to bad that our union at our shop didn't have more balls. so just look at it like this when one door shuts there is alot more that open.
Love the company

Albany, NY

#8 May 15, 2010
Williams did what he had to do to keep the company profitable. Without the changes he made all plants would have shut down. Worked for this guy for years...Very, Very sharp and a great manager
frs production br plant

Schaumburg, IL

#9 Aug 18, 2010
Got a letter in the mail from the union saying sun capital wants to cut our wages by 37% or there going to close the shop. They already know what there gonna do. Just wish they would tell us the truth!
Big Rapids Victim

Big Rapids, MI

#10 Aug 29, 2010
Detroit FRS closing wrote:
Quit your crying at least your plant is still open ours is closing 4/6/08 is our last day.
I'm sorry for your lose. But were losing our jobs now too and we only found out cause a few union members leaked it out.
Big Rapids Victim

Big Rapids, MI

#11 Aug 29, 2010
OCALA VICTIM wrote:
go to the news stations they have their phone #s online. I want to but afraid that I might be found out they have a lot of connections and I need my job as long as I can. I don't even have a union/plant rule book cause neither one wanted to pay to make the copies so I don't even know if I can go to the press or not!
Lexington person

Quincy, FL

#12 Oct 21, 2010
The best thing FRS did was to loose Rus! Ocala is still open and so it BR.....but if we all don't do better quality, none of is going to have a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook help 9 min Magnum PI 10
scotty powers ?? (Feb '15) 12 min Crypt Keeper 17
Need help ASAP 15 min Geek Squad 98
LHS softball?? 52 min Hhhhhhh 1
tonya kelley 2 hr keepitreal 1
Motorcycle wreck 2 hr Jen 13
brandy taylor (May '12) 5 hr nosey nellie 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages