Gay Teen Suspended for Wearing Makeup

Gay Teen Suspended for Wearing Makeup

There are 315 comments on the Advocate story from Nov 4, 2011, titled Gay Teen Suspended for Wearing Makeup. In it, Advocate reports that:

A gay sophomore student in Lexington, Tenn. was suspended briefly this week for wearing makeup on school grounds 10 minutes after school ended.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
lexnews

Kingsport, TN

#1 Nov 4, 2011
Who cares? If thts what he wants to do then so be it
You asked so

Union City, TN

#2 Nov 4, 2011
I think the teacher ought to have tore his ass up with a paddle. If his parents can't raise him right let the school do it. Naybe they can make a man out of him.

Since: Oct 11

#3 Nov 4, 2011
You asked so wrote:
I think the teacher ought to have tore his ass up with a paddle. If his parents can't raise him right let the school do it. Naybe they can make a man out of him.
maybe the teacher did want 2 just not with a paddle?n his parents have raised him right,he wemt 2 school which says alot and nos how 2 stand up n be a man.
Nikki

Toledo, OH

#4 Nov 4, 2011
There was nothing fair or just about the way this teenager was treated.. Do we punish girls for wearing make up? No we don't, and we don't get to pick and choose who gets what liberties. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
manican

Kingsport, TN

#5 Nov 5, 2011
these rulez are getting to the point they infringe on peoples rights .. its left up to the teachers opinion as to whether or not its a desraction , so if the teacher finds u wearing a cross and their jewish is that destracting ? its hogwash b/s and until we stand up for our children and their rights its only gonna get worse .. id like to see this family hire a lawyer ans sue( would glad attend a protest or fund raise where proceeds went to fight such injustice) but no so much for money but to get the rules changed to better support their freedoms rather than confine them .. these kids are our future
Dinosaur

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2011
Re "these kids are our future"

Yes and it's scary.
sick

Humboldt, TN

#7 Nov 5, 2011
You didn't hear of this gross shit when I was in school! What is this world coming too?
Just me

United States

#8 Nov 5, 2011
Yes, it is up to the teachers
manican wrote:
these rulez are getting to the point they infringe on peoples rights .. its left up to the teachers opinion as to whether or not its a desraction , so if the teacher finds u wearing a cross and their jewish is that destracting ? its hogwash b/s and until we stand up for our children and their rights its only gonna get worse .. id like to see this family hire a lawyer ans sue( would glad attend a protest or fund raise where proceeds went to fight such injustice) but no so much for money but to get the rules changed to better support their freedoms rather than confine them .. these kids are our future

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Nov 5, 2011
sick wrote:
You didn't hear of this gross shit when I was in school! What is this world coming too?
Funny , no one has a problem when male actors wear make up. Its because the kid is gay is why it's a problem.

If I was the parent I'd have this in every media outlet that it could be in.

Teachers are forgetting what their fucking job is . It's to teach the curriculum and prepare them for the next level of higher education.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 5, 2011
For the church morons who are anti gay and like to teach hate towards any one who is. The bible only has like 3 verses in it about gays being " an abomination" . Which for one was written by a man not god. 2 it's written in the old testament which Christians aren't supposed to follow the old testament because of the supposed fulfillment of the prophecies by Jesus.
3 Jesus never spoke against it .

Small wonder then that modern Fundamentalists and Christians usually have to ignore everything Jesus and the Apostles said and turn to the Old Testament to find justification for their actions.
sick

Humboldt, TN

#12 Nov 6, 2011
Toyota bad boy wrote:
For the church morons who are anti gay and like to teach hate towards any one who is. The bible only has like 3 verses in it about gays being " an abomination" . Which for one was written by a man not god. 2 it's written in the old testament which Christians aren't supposed to follow the old testament because of the supposed fulfillment of the prophecies by Jesus.

Small wonder then that modern Fundamentalists and Christians usually have to ignore everything Jesus and the Apostles said and turn to the Old Testament to find justification for their actions.
It's wrong! Plain and simple!
from parts unknown

Lexington, TN

#13 Nov 6, 2011
Toyota bad boy wrote:
bathe him and bring him to me

Location hidden

#14 Nov 6, 2011
sick wrote:
<quoted text>It's wrong! Plain and simple!
Whats wrong is how people are treating that kid.
from parts unknown

Lexington, TN

#15 Nov 6, 2011
Toyota bad boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong is how people are treating that kid.
whats wrong is telling people how to live their life,we have free will yes we have laws to curb dangerous free will but has the kid broke any laws,i dont care for guys wearing make up myself but hey its his thing not mine.people say a person should do this or that but tell them not to do something,they go nuts.why dont we concentrate on what we do and let others figure out what they want to do.i have my likes and dislikes,for one i'm not gay but i like chocolate cake.if you want to suck on a sausage go for it and i'm gonna have me a piece of chocolate cake and perhaps a glass of milk
Nikki

United States

#16 Nov 6, 2011
What annoys me is people using the defense "he broke the rules that's all that matters" bullshit I remember high school and I wore make up every day and guess what not once was I disciplined for it, because I am a girl. What's next are we gonna start suspending every girl with a bobbed hair cut and jynco jeans? This was just another excuse to shove religious convictions Down the throats of others. I am a Christian but I will never try to force my beliefs on another person especially when it means treading on their civil liberties. I hope this kid sues the socks off that high school and reminds them their place to teach not minister or parent!

Location hidden

#17 Nov 6, 2011
Nikki wrote:
What annoys me is people using the defense "he broke the rules that's all that matters" bullshit I remember high school and I wore make up every day and guess what not once was I disciplined for it, because I am a girl. What's next are we gonna start suspending every girl with a bobbed hair cut and jynco jeans? This was just another excuse to shove religious convictions Down the throats of others. I am a Christian but I will never try to force my beliefs on another person especially when it means treading on their civil liberties. I hope this kid sues the socks off that high school and reminds them their place to teach not minister or parent!
I would . And then try to get the story nation wide so it could be a lesson learned for the future.
just me

Memphis, TN

#18 Nov 6, 2011
i belive the school is right. if the make up is a destraction then he should get in trouble. not because he is gay but the destraction. i have seen him at walmart and OMG his make up is very ugly. does all the other gay guys wear make up like this? i myself have not seen any but this person.if he want to wear make up do it to make yourself look bette, not like a freak!
sick

Humboldt, TN

#19 Nov 6, 2011
just me wrote:
i belive the school is right. if the make up is a destraction then he should get in trouble. not because he is gay but the destraction. i have seen him at walmart and OMG his make up is very ugly. does all the other gay guys wear make up like this? i myself have not seen any but this person.if he want to wear make up do it to make yourself look bette, not like a freak!
Yes he is freaky looking!
sick

Humboldt, TN

#20 Nov 6, 2011
Everyone wants to blame this on Christans,but the queers are the ones always saying they are offened! Does our beliefs not stand for anything, maybe it offened someone at school and this was done because of it! Plus two men can't create life! Sorry it's not going to happen!

Location hidden

#22 Nov 6, 2011
That would be like if cell phones aren't allowed in class and the teacher suspended a kid for having their cell phone after school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You can't date a married person 7 min Vote 3
Ph*k you very much 'babe' 11 min Forrest 23
Satterfield chics 2 hr April 12
Make money from home!!! 3 hr EasyMoney 1
Sarah Mims 4 hr Lickherup 1
sonic 12 hr hottie 9
Lexington police and henderson county sheriff's... (Oct '15) 16 hr Holly Lashane Rus... 36

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages