Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism

Jan 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake Wylie Pilot

Circuit Court Judge Diane Goodstein issued a permanent injunction Thursday ruling only churches that left The Episcopal Church last year may use the name the Diocese of South Carolina ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 147 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

from Lake Wylie Pilot:

"Following the split with the national church, the Diocese of South Carolina sued, seeking not only to protect its name but also a half-billion of church property it says belongs to the diocese, not the national church.

"Goodstein issued a temporary restraining order last week that only the diocese could use the name. She had scheduled a Friday court hearing in Columbia to hear arguments as to whether the order should be made permanent.

"But the attorney representing The Episcopal Church and the 19 parishes and six worship groups remaining with the church in the eastern part of the state, did not contest making the order permanent ..."

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

January 31, 2013
'Diocese of Diane' Hearing Postponed

Both sides agree to a temporary extension of Judge Goodstein's controversial restraining order

ST. GEORGE - A full hearing on a restraining order issued last week by a controversial Dorchester County Judge has been postponed by mutual agreement between the Episcopal Church and the renagade group headed by ex-bishop Mark Lawrence. No reason was given.

S.C. Circuit Judge Diane Goodstein had scheduled the hearing for tomorrow in Columbia, but both parties agreed to an indefinite delay. A new date has not been set for the hearing, but either party may request it at any time.

http://scepiscopalians.com/

Next.....
Rebecca

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This article is incorrect and misleading as the writer has the facts wrong. The order WAS NOT made permanent. It was "placed on hold indefinitely by mutual agreement".

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rebecca wrote:
This article is incorrect and misleading as the writer has the facts wrong. The order WAS NOT made permanent. It was "placed on hold indefinitely by mutual agreement".
That's why Joie DeCaro posted it, he hates TEC and is a very minimal roman.

Sometimes he even changes the title to make himself feel better...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why Joie DeCaro posted it, he hates TEC and is a very minimal roman.
Sometimes he even changes the title to make himself feel better...
So much for Joe's editorial skills.

He has skillfully edited himself out of any semblance of credibility.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for Joe's editorial skills.
He has skillfully edited himself out of any semblance of credibility.
Yesterday | Posted by: roboblogger

Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why Joie DeCaro posted it, he hates TEC and is a very minimal roman ...
Yesterday | Posted by: roboblogger

Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism

As my name isn't roboblogger, both of you are either illiterate idiots, or outrageous liars, but IMO, you're both!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday | Posted by: roboblogger
Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism
<quoted text>
Yesterday | Posted by: roboblogger
Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism
As my name isn't roboblogger, both of you are either illiterate idiots, or outrageous liars, but IMO, you're both!
LOL!!!....

Nice try, deceiver.

Your post #1 above says nothing about the fact that both sides agreed to put off further determination, reserving the right to do so at a later date.

By your description of the situation, conveniently leaving out this fact, the reader of your post would be led to believe that The Episcopal Church had somehow capitulated to the demands of Lawrence's gang.

And don't even try to claim ignorance. You don't need to. We already know.

On the other hand, if you really were ignorant of these facts, why not own up and admit it?

We know why you can't do that either. It would be unbecoming of an "editor."

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Nice try, deceiver.
Your post #1 above says nothing about the fact that both sides agreed to put off further determination, reserving the right to do so at a later date.
By your description of the situation ...
MY description of the situation wouldn't be in "quotes".

I didn't write this story, and my name still isn't roboblogger, so I didn't post it to the forum, either, which only makes you look more foolish than you already are.
Grotonian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

"Lawrence's gang" is the more civilized of the two groups. The idea that my church is promoting/blessing "anal sex," thereby setting precedent allowing clergy to perform sex acts such as "anal sex" (w/ fellow men)on a Sat. night and then preach the gosphel to their congregation on Sun. morning, is an abomination. Remember our church is being taken over by this Gay Movement, b/c we are the "establishment church" of the U.S. The Gay Movement cares more about "good taste and style" more so than the Word of God. That's why less socalled socially-elite Christian denominations are not experiencing the overtaking that we as real God-fearing Episcopalians are having to battle against. This battle is no longer about extending LOVE/tolorance within our church; now it's a war to remove Satan's stranglehold on our beloved American Church of England's oligarchy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
MY description of the situation wouldn't be in "quotes".
I didn't write this story, and my name still isn't roboblogger, so I didn't post it to the forum, either, which only makes you look more foolish than you already are.
BULLoney!

You provided three excerpts from the erroneous article; all in keeping with your known point of view and NONE factual as to the actual disposition of the Court order.

Your problem with foolishness and nobody else's on this thread.

RK

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Grotonian wrote:
"Lawrence's gang" is the more civilized of the two groups. The idea that my church is promoting/blessing "anal sex," thereby setting precedent allowing clergy to perform sex acts such as "anal sex" (w/ fellow men)on a Sat. night and then preach the gosphel to their congregation on Sun. morning, is an abomination. Remember our church is being taken over by this Gay Movement, b/c we are the "establishment church" of the U.S. The Gay Movement cares more about "good taste and style" more so than the Word of God. That's why less socalled socially-elite Christian denominations are not experiencing the overtaking that we as real God-fearing Episcopalians are having to battle against. This battle is no longer about extending LOVE/tolorance within our church; now it's a war to remove Satan's stranglehold on our beloved American Church of England's oligarchy.
Pure Malarky!
Grotonian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TO REV.KEN: You're no scholar Rev Ken, b/c merely exclaiming "Pure Malarky [sic]," does not a scholarly methodology make. The truth is that the anti-Bishop "Gene" of NH, could in fact be having anal sex w/ his male lover/spouse on a Sat. night, then awake on Sunday and preach the gospel of our Lord. I, about Christianity: reprehensible. What's our church going to sanction next, polygamy, pedophilia, and bestiality? After all, it's just about LOVE. Well I say, love the sinner not the sin! There is nothing open-minded, new, or liberal about two empowered MEN consolidating their power in this Western World. The male Gay Movement at it's core is not a liberal cause, it is an extreme form of close-minded authoritarianism/conservatism: men hire men; men love Jesus who was male; men rule our nation; in the South prior to the '70s only white men were allowed in gay clubs; so what's so revolutionary, so innovative about "two men" proclaiming their self-love. It's been going on for centuries. Don't be fooled America! The Idea of "continuing this debate" is a ploy by the Gay Movement to slowly make us accept their true cause, which is one of apostasy. As a Christian soldier, I pray for schism every day. Rev. Lawrence of SC is a hero.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLoney!
You provided three excerpts from the erroneous article ...
As editor, I always excerpt articles into the forum, but roboblogger provided "the erroneous article," which is what you and Wrong Way have wrongly accused me of.

And instead of apologizing, you have decided to dig yourself deeper into your slander, so called "Rev" Ken.
Grotonian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TO REV.KEN: That the anti-Bishop Gene of NH is probably having anal sex before he gives a sermon is not only UNCIVILIZED, it's irrepressible. What is this Apostate church going to sanction next, a chapter in our beloved Book of Common Prayer on polygamy, pedophilia, and bestiality? As devout parishioners, we might be "slow," but hardly stupid...
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RevKen is a theological idiot. Always has been Always will be. Don't pick on him too much. Feel sorry for him. But don't pray for him. That is too much for him to take.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grotonian wrote:
TO REV.KEN: That the anti-Bishop Gene of NH is probably having anal sex before he gives a sermon is not only UNCIVILIZED, it's irrepressible. What is this Apostate church going to sanction next, a chapter in our beloved Book of Common Prayer on polygamy, pedophilia, and bestiality? As devout parishioners, we might be "slow," but hardly stupid...
Well, then ....

You might want to quit acting like you are stupid.

Instead of posting homophobic drivel and bigoted, hypocritical back-asswards, unfounded comments about your fellow human beings, try first regarding people as people.

Second, go about educating yourself. There is no excuse for your attitude and beliefs, except for nothing other than pure laziness and a pathetic refusal to understand people who you think are not exactly like you.

I thank God for the Man, Christ Jersus, who taught everyone who is willing to listen that one must first find and work to remove the misconceptions that one harbors within one's own outlook before otherwise hanging and prosecuting others in nets of incorrect stereotyping and onerous condemnations.

Your attitude toward your fellow human beings is atrociously infantile and shows wholesale intolerance for what you do not understand. Yet, understanding is available, if you have the guts to seek it and then adapt to what you are given to learn.

Ask yourself why I should even bother to respond to your baseless insults. You might get an answer as to why I probably won't respond again.

In the meantime, get your Book of Common Prayer out and begin reading the actual lessons. Look around in it for the parts that endorse your condemnations of people you do not know. Report back to the others here who also apparently share some of your disgusts for others, after you have located and can present these Book of Common Prayer endorsements.

But don't expect me to wait around for you to come up with anything reasonable.

Rev. Ken
A priest of the Lord, Most High, duly ordained and a disciple of Jesus, the Christ.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Apologies for the misspelling.

"Christ Jesus."

I was close to a correct spelling. But, I fell into spelling his name the same way that Grotonian regards the gist of His Teachings.

Christ Jerksus.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 4, 2013
 
Listen to the Word wrote:
RevKen is a theological idiot. Always has been Always will be. Don't pick on him too much. Feel sorry for him. But don't pray for him. That is too much for him to take.
Yes, that's right.

Don't Do exactly what Jesus said to do. "Pray for ...."

Do as the Pharisees did. It's easier.

That way, you don't have to bother with washing the inside of the cup.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 4, 2013
 
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
As editor, I always excerpt articles into the forum, but roboblogger provided "the erroneous article," which is what you and Wrong Way have wrongly accused me of.
And instead of apologizing, you have decided to dig yourself deeper into your slander, so called "Rev" Ken.
I did not accuse you of providing the article.

I simply observed that you remain true to form by posting your implied comments as quotes from the article.

Your motivations are obvious and they are misguided.

So, it is YOU who are engaging in the very slander of which you try to make yourself out to have suffered.

Well,.... You're suffering, all right.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 4, 2013
 
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not accuse you of providing the article ...
... but in Post #5, you agreed with Midway (#4) who did accuse me of doing just that.

re the AP Stylebook, helping to spread another's slander is the same as if it originated it with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 1 hr FOR THE SLOW MINDED 1,144
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Wed Friv 2020 77
New Mayor, Town Councilmen for South Congaree (Apr '08) Aug 18 trangw 14
dss kidnapping Aug 17 no name 1
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Aug 16 Sickashell 21
Alan Wilson WAS Removed Grand Jury - Conflict o... Aug 16 ConflictOFInterest 1
Interracial Dating Aug 15 SexxxxxGoddess 5

Search the Lexington Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lexington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lexington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••