Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments
321 - 340 of 1,813 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2013

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!!!.....(the F stands for Friar)
I can't begin to recall how many times you have reiterated, insisted and vociferously defended Katherine Jefferts-Schori's baptismal vows in the Roman Catholic Church as marking her forever as "Roman Catholic!"
Ha! What a hypocrite and a jokester you are, now saying that such vows are only petitions by parents on behalf of their children! To hear you tell it now, her indoctrination into Roman Catholicism through age eight really means nothing after all, especially since her parents took her out of the Roman Church and into Confirmation in The Episcopal Church.... And now she is the Presiding Bishop of TEC. A very good one, at that!
Sorry, Joe. You've shown your indefatigable insincerety once again, for the umpteenth time. Such repetition must be a deeply-seated habit on your part borne out of your Roman Catholic baptismal vows that you now deny.
Rev. Ken
I knew that he was in a BOX CONYON on this one.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
Ha! What a hypocrite and a jokester you are, now saying that such vows are only petitions by parents on behalf of their children!...
The joke's on you as both the RCC and TEC practice infant baptism.

So who is requesting to be baptised since a baby can't speak on his/her own behalf?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
So who is requesting to be baptised since a baby can't speak on his/her own behalf?
We baptize anyone at any age. I was 13. Some are 70 or more. That is why you have GOD PARENTS to assure that your upbringing will be in the tradition of our faith. You really have such a hard time with being Episcopalian...oh that's right. YOU AREN'T!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto me."

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
baptize anyone at any age. I was 13 ...
... but this isn' about you; it's about the fact that both TEC and the RCCC routinely baptize infants at the request of their parents.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... but this isn' about you; it's about the fact that both TEC and the RCCC routinely baptize infants at the request of their parents.
The faith does not require any knowledge of God to become one of Christ's own forever. You are no more baptized when you are 50 or 5 months. How old was JESUS when he became baptized? Should we all wait until we are 30?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>The faith does not require any knowledge of God to become one of Christ's own forever. You are no more baptized when you are 50 or 5 months ...
At 50, baptism is intentional, but at 5 months, it's someone else's intent, not yours.

And what did you know about God, or anything else, at 5 months?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
At 50, baptism is intentional, but at 5 months, it's someone else's intent, not yours.
And what did you know about God, or anything else, at 5 months?
Dear Sel,

Whaddya know! After all this time, we find out that this DeCaro character is a Holy Roller Baptist!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto me."
Children can come and speak their intentions, but newborn infants can't, so their parents bring them for baptism in TEC, the RCC and other "high" (liturgical) church denominations.

As if you didn't know.
George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I have never understood infant baptism except as a response to high rates of infant mortality and supersititous belief in the magic of the sacrament. Its separation from "confirmation" and the necessity at confirmation to reaffirm baptismal vows , to me at least, demonstrates a recognition that at best, infant baptism is incomplete, and requires an "adult" affirmation of belief before baptismal vows have any real meaning.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you have never actually read the Bible. Repentance is repeatedly linked to baptism. The Book of James makes it plain that you cannot choose to live in open rebellion against God's Commands and expect salvation:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
According to this official source of doctrine recognized by the entire Anglican Communion as well as the rest of Christianity, you have chosen hell.
fek off david....be gone before someone drops a house on you like we did your sister.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God, not vows
Part of that sounds like your priests!

LOL........

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>
According to this official source of doctrine recognized by the entire Anglican Communion as well as the rest of Christianity, you have chosen hell.
And you, David, have volunteered to be the gate keeper.

Enjoy hell while the rest of us know 'the kingdom lies within'...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of that sounds like your priests ...
What about the "priesthood of believers" of your own eclectic sect since they believe in everything?

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the "priesthood of believers" of your own eclectic sect since they believe in everything?
LOL!

You're such a chicken little drama queen........

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You're such a ...
What do I have to do with your "eclectic" sect?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Totally a QUEEN!!! Do you know why Catholics don't play CHESS? They can't tell the BISHOPS from the QUEENS!!!!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Totally a QUEEN!!! Do you know why Catholics don't play CHESS? They can't tell the BISHOPS from the QUEENS!!!!
I play chess, and on the Topix Episcopal Church forum, the "Queen" is Bishop Gene Robinson.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I play chess, and on the Topix Episcopal Church forum, the "Queen" is Bishop Gene Robinson.
No, that would be YOU, our special little drama QUEEN....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be YOU, our special little ...
I'm not your special anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••