Police: Two Infants Die at Baby Sitte...

Police: Two Infants Die at Baby Sitter's Home

There are 76 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Police: Two Infants Die at Baby Sitter's Home. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Police are investigating the deaths of two babies who died within one month of each other at the same baby sitter's home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
October Sky

Cleveland, OH

#1 Sep 10, 2010
How do these wackos keep getting access to children?
Amazed

Akron, OH

#2 Sep 10, 2010
co-incidence I presume?
SpongeBob

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 10, 2010
These types of stories are the reason why I work during the day and my wife works at night. If we need to get a babysitter for our children, it is usually a fiamily memeber who watches them. Plus we aren't paying for a (as October sky calls them)wacko to watch are kids.
Sue in Barberton

United States

#4 Sep 10, 2010
October Sky wrote:
How do these wackos keep getting access to children?
We don't have the whole story yet. Please don't be so judgmental.
Aimee

Olmsted Falls, OH

#5 Sep 10, 2010
This is truly sad. no one can be trusted anymore. people need to be very carefull about who they leave there children with. my thoughts and prayers are with the families. it is so sad that these babies did'nt even get a chance to experiece life!
More Common Sense

Valley City, OH

#6 Sep 10, 2010
I agree Sue...something very odd about this story. Could there possibly be something very toxic in the house that each of these babies breathed in and their little systems couldn't handle it....or is this truly a wack job who knows how to do it without a trace...in which case, why? Very scary either way.

Since: Mar 10

Cleveland, OH

#7 Sep 10, 2010
Sue in Barberton wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have the whole story yet. Please don't be so judgmental.
Yes, Sue, because this type of thing happens all the time. Really?
My View

Cleveland, OH

#8 Sep 10, 2010
Two death at the same babysitter's home! Sounds fishy to me.
My View

Cleveland, OH

#9 Sep 10, 2010
typo / death = deaths
Judge

Gilbert, AZ

#10 Sep 10, 2010
Check for any evidence of babies having been put in plastic bags.
teremist

Lake Butler, FL

#11 Sep 10, 2010
Once, possibly a natural tragedy, twice, in a single month, that's a baby killer.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Sep 10, 2010
OMG!!!

I have been a childcare provider for almost 8 years, this is HORRIBLE!

I freak over people not paying attention to their kids & have reacted when I see a child heading for danger..

There is something wrong with this entire incident, I wonder if the parents did a background check on this person..

All state certified providers are REQUIRED to have background checks done & we also have to have our backup providers get checked.. They also put our information into the system to check for child abuse cases..

This is depressing & stressful to know there are people this cruel, I pray for the other children they've had contact with,,
CatsRCoolest

AOL

#13 Sep 10, 2010
Two babies died at a house at Fort Bragg in a simular time span and nobody made these type of comments. The government is testing everything in the house looking for clues as to what happened.
pray for humanity

Euless, TX

#14 Sep 10, 2010
Yes hokey these things can happen all the time. Not at all possible that a bad stove or something creates enough carbon monoxide to kill an infant while not affecting an adult is it. we must throw the constitution and presumption of innocence aside in the name of protecting the children and hang her just ecause it appened - investigations and gethering evidence are too expensive of a luxery for any one when a kids involved right? naw id rather wait until all possibilities are exhausted before hanging her. Would hope for the same if something so horrible happened to me.
Lindsay

Cedar Falls, IA

#15 Sep 10, 2010
I am the first one usually to say fry em and find people guilty.. my gut for whatever reason isn't screaming homocide, I'm guessing something toxic.. I know at some army base 2 infants died in the same house 28 days apart, they were cousins and the house tested positive for some kind of very toxic mold.. maybe the same situation here...
Amazed

Akron, OH

#16 Sep 10, 2010
SpongeBob wrote:
These types of stories are the reason why I work during the day and my wife works at night. If we need to get a babysitter for our children, it is usually a fiamily memeber who watches them. Plus we aren't paying for a (as October sky calls them)wacko to watch are kids.
My kids are in their 40's & 50's now and we did the same thing when they were little. My husband worked during the day, I worked nights and weekends. If my Mom or Grandmother wasn't available to babysit so we could go out we stayed home or took them with us and did a family thing.
Just me

Powder Springs, GA

#17 Sep 10, 2010
I hope they investigate this fully.. Somethings not right!
holly

Scarborough, Canada

#18 Sep 11, 2010
how wouldn't have the second family known>? he/she didn't say oh by the way..........
bobby jo

United States

#19 Sep 11, 2010
This is horrible. Why isn't this person shut down after the first death?
Kare Gallagher

Novato, CA

#20 Sep 11, 2010
Shut her down

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mansfield Ohio Cold Case (Mar '14) Jan 6 Rickyp29mansfield 17
Review: Terry's 24 Hr Towing (Oct '11) Jan 2 BBB 3
News Lexington High School Leo Club Collect 822 Sock... Dec 31 Wu Nanjing China 2
News Sex Offender Housing Program Upsets Neighbors |... (Aug '11) Dec 28 A Rope N A Tree 40
News Pine Bridge Apartment Robbed, Two Dogs Stabbed Dec 28 AmericanPetRescue 2
News Galion man acquitted after sex trial (May '09) Dec 28 the REAL Americans 9
carl mccrea (Oct '09) Dec 20 Drug buyer 15

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages