Utilities to 155 Galion houses could ...

Utilities to 155 Galion houses could be turned off

There are 27 comments on the News Journal story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Utilities to 155 Galion houses could be turned off. In it, News Journal reports that:

GALION -- In a period of high unemployment and imminent water and sewer rate increases, 155 households in Galion are facing utility shutoffs this month if payments are not sent to the city's billing and collections department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GROW UP

Canton, OH

#21 Jan 30, 2013
I agree with this post . I couldn't have said it better myself . GROW UP PEOPLE AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY .
I pay my bills wrote:
I have a cold house. My heat turns to 55 degrees at night and we wear sweats and use blankets. I pay my bills and I am tired of subsidizing all the people that don't. If you can't pay your bills stop smoking and drinking or lose your kids. It is time to grow up as a nation and stop expecting government to provide for you.
Some helpful hints... get rid of pets, addictions, and cellphones. Spend less than you make.
Galion citizen

Westerville, OH

#22 Aug 31, 2013
My bill was 30 a month it jumped to 400 dollars. I didn't have the money to pay it but offered to make paymenets. The city of Galion utilities denied my payment. It went to collection, who denied my payment because I didn't have a bank acoount or credit card. They denied my payment of money order. It then went to an attorney and yep he denied my payment by money order, he needed collateral. Please help us all who live in Galion. I need stories from real people and their problems. These stories will be presented to a court and the new mayor. send your stories and replies to

[email protected]
Galion Utilities Victim

Westerville, OH

#23 Mar 11, 2014
I heard some time ago that the Galion Utilities were going to be investigated. Is there any truth to that and if so how would I follow up on it? I'm tired of riding the month to month Utility roller coaster. My bills go from around 350+ a month to well over 500 and all I can ever think about is getting the hell out of town. I know several that have and they are beyond glad that they did.
Concerned for Galion

Marion, OH

#24 Oct 17, 2014
GROW UP wrote:
I agree with this post . I couldn't have said it better myself . GROW UP PEOPLE AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY . <quoted text>
I don't live in Galion but, I have grown children that do and compared to my electric bill of on average $110.00 a month over a twelve month period. We have a two story house with base board heat, a set of silos with fans that run often, plus the usual electric usage every month. I think Galion City should be sued for robbery! My understanding was the "Mayor" was going to put an end to the high utilities. Seems like you all just added another paycheck to pay to another city of official who is happy to sit back and take and take and take, when you elected a mayor. Heard electric was out in Galion today, at least where my daughter lives and YES she pays her bills on time! Don't be so harsh on people that you've not walked a mile in their shoes. Responsibility begins with reasonable people and Galion doesn't seem to have reasonable people in control.
Crankshaft

Attica, OH

#25 Jan 6, 2015
There are some idiots in town that choose drugs and booze over utilities. I have seen people get their income tax ( redistribution o f wealth) and instead of paying their bills they rent a big screen tv, load up on drugs and booze. They go to the free dinners in town, get their groceries at area churches. Your utilities are high because of those who do not pay. The rest of us have to make up the loss.Do I care they have kids who suffer, nope. The kids would be better off in foster care then to learn how to use the system.
knowit

Toledo, OH

#26 Jan 7, 2015
Crankshaft wrote:
There are some idiots in town that choose drugs and booze over utilities. I have seen people get their income tax ( redistribution o f wealth) and instead of paying their bills they rent a big screen tv, load up on drugs and booze. They go to the free dinners in town, get their groceries at area churches. Your utilities are high because of those who do not pay. The rest of us have to make up the loss.Do I care they have kids who suffer, nope. The kids would be better off in foster care then to learn how to use the system.
You are the idiot. You should be in foster care fool.
Fed up

Attica, OH

#27 Jan 7, 2015
knowit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the idiot. You should be in foster care fool.
Stay in Detroit! Prime example of government welfare and the deterioration of the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God and married men!!!! Fri TrapMusic 4
Design Review Sep 21 Liberty 5
mansfield news journal (Aug '06) Sep 20 Mark Kearney 73
the disbennett family (Mar '13) Sep 11 WakeupPeople 4
doug koolaide mitchell (Feb '16) Sep 11 CVSEmployee 13
Jenn Campbell Sep 6 Bevguy77 3
Bill Wapner of Wapner Funeral Home Aug '16 college parent 4

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance