Should those who do not work have a right to vote?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15

“From Gods mouth to my pen”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Judged:

I say no. They have already demonstrated that they have an inability to run their own lives so why should they be able to make decisions which concern me?
what

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

That is insane!! Can't run their own lives? Some people aren't able, some are stay at home moms, etc., people still have a choice. GET REAL!!!
Hammer

Hope Mills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

We should also restrict people who smoke, do drugs, or drink alcohol from voting because the care less about life

Restrict anyone who lives in a trailer, listens to country music, or watches racing from voting because they are white trash rednecks

Prohibit anyone who has never been to college from voting because they lack intelligence

“From Gods mouth to my pen”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

visit anvilclemens.com and check out my blog
Jesse

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

It's sad that people lump all non workers into one group. Perhaps if they were hit with that kind of situation, they might understand.

Move your vehicles easily with help from : http://www.transportcompanies.com
bliss

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Why should "we" not have a right to vote? Wow! It seems like your trying to put all jobless people into one category. So do you think that if a person lost their job because of the failing economy they should also lose their right to vote? I have no children, an education and have worked fairly good jobs in a stable industry all of my adult life not to mention I have always paid for my own medical insurance. As the global economy teetered on the brink of disaster in early 2008 I, along with millions of other people, lost my job. Two years later I have not only spent all of my savings to make ends meet, but also lost my 3 bedroom home in the country to live in a 1 bedroom apartment had to sell my car and buy a second hand car so I don't have a car payment and drop my insurance to liability only. Even though I have been unable to find a job I have not sat at home and tried to figure out ways to scam the system. I have spent my time furthering my education as well as seeking a career. I recently tried to file for unemployment benefits because my savings are exhausted only to learn that my benefit year was expired and I am no longer eligible for benefits. I should have filed upon losing my job because after so long you lose your benefits. Then I tried to file for food benefits only to learn that I am not eligible because I'm a student. I'm also not eligible for Medical because I don't have any children. I had a disconnect notice for my electric and had to sell my cell phone which was my only phone to pay my electric bill. Then pawn my laptop that I use for school to pay my water bill and am currently 18 days late on my rent. I have no money for gas to get to school which started today and I was unable to get there and I've lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months because I don't have any food to eat. I guess at this point it really doesn't matter if I have a right to vote or not because the people that we're voting for has done nothing to help a hard working woman anyway. What I have learned from this whole experience is I would be better off if I had a handful of kids (which may happen since I'm unable to pay for my birth control) then I would be able to get help or free housing, food, medical and bills, lie about my assets so I could get the unemployment benefits I have worked and paid into all of my adult life, and quit school so I will be eligible for assistance. I have always wondered how people could not work and just sit home collecting "welfare" and make a living off the system but now I understand why they do it, because its easier than trying to work and make a living for their self.
bliss

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

I forgot to add since I had to sell my phone I now have no way for a potential employer to call me. Hopefully they'll send me an email. Since I have just recently moved here I don't know any of my neighbors to use as a message phone. To whoever posted this forum, I hope you never lose a job I would not wish this on any person. I also hope you vote for the person that will bring our jobs back!
InPain

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

That question is so stupid it does not deserve an answer ! I would say you are in for a painful dose of reality !

“Saving animals....not humans!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Anvil Clemens wrote:
I say no. They have already demonstrated that they have an inability to run their own lives so why should they be able to make decisions which concern me?
Freedom of expression,freedom of speech,equal rights to all! If you take away the right to vote, then the government is going to take others rights from you. This will mean we would no longer be
The Land of the Free! Home of The Brave! Let Freedom Ring!
Without these in our lives....we will be lost forever!
My answer never take these rights away period!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

InPain wrote:
That question is so stupid it does not deserve an answer ! I would say you are in for a painful dose of reality !
Remember thinking positive is best! Even if you do not know the other person. Being rude get's you nothing in return....it also makes you look bad!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

bliss wrote:
I forgot to add since I had to sell my phone I now have no way for a potential employer to call me. Hopefully they'll send me an email. Since I have just recently moved here I don't know any of my neighbors to use as a message phone. To whoever posted this forum, I hope you never lose a job I would not wish this on any person. I also hope you vote for the person that will bring our jobs back!
Good luck to you! Think positive! Stay away from any negative environment. This could hold you back from a great job ofter.
As you will see what I have commented on where someone was speaking very negative. Which is not nice. I felt the need to reply. Hope you don't mind.
Marion

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Do you know who our president, vp, and secretary of state are? Do you know the 1st, 4th, and 10th amendment? You are good to go.
justsayn

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Yes they should be able to vote but also they must produce a form of identification also.
Far too many dead people are voting.
Vote

Del Rio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

No... We should not restrict their right to vote.

However, if someone is on welfare they should not get to vote as it is a conflict of interest. Um... Thats a joke.

Give me a break.... The right to vote is what makes America great, I just wish more people would get off their a$$e$ and do it. then maybe, just maybe, we could get all of the crap straightened out.

It's a shame that American Idol gets more voter participation than local, state and federal elections. Of couse if we could vote for the next president over the Internet or by dialing number it would make it easier.
just me

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Not if they draw welfare. The welfare recipient will always vote for the party that gives them more money and they have no other stake in society other than to live off the workers who support them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington Discussions

Search the Lexington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina 7 min Raise da Roof S 52
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 12 min State of Florida 54,800
mechanic needed!! Wed Nikki 2
Students to eat free at 24 Winston-Salem/Forsyt... Tue Macy 2
Review: Appliance King Tue Paula 1
Review: Lexington Memorial Hospital (Dec '12) Tue RCI 13
Confederate Flag (Jan '13) Tue RCI 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000