'No speak English. No service' sign leads to Reedy Creek Diner restaurant's sales TRIPLING

May 23, 2011 Full story: www.dailymail.co.uk 6,685

Some chefs spend their lifetimes unsuccessfully slogging away to improve business.

But all it took for Reedy Creek Diner chef Greg Simons in Lexington, North Carolina, was to put up a controversial language sign and he’s seen his sales treble.

Mr Simons put up the ‘No speak English. No service’ sign in March and says he’s received great support - with some people asking for souvenir copies to take home .

Full Story
First Prev
of 335
Next Last

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#7307 Mar 10, 2012
Patton State Hospital wrote:
<quoted text>
His business was closed down due to lack of customers.
So you say!
prove it.
His Call

Lexington, KY

#7310 Apr 30, 2013
I think the owner can do what ever he wants this is" AMERICA" and its not just Mexicans its all none English speaking ppl or just don't want to speak English they have it on us because not one damn thing can be done I just wish the ones that take up for them would go to there country and try any of this SHIT those ppl would kill them or put them in jail to rape and starve to death . Its ok to be good ppl but stupid
Oscar2013

Dallas, TX

#7311 Apr 30, 2013
I still remember signs that said no blacks allowed no Mexicans allowed and no dogs allowed. In actuality the same sentiment of racism is felt by some people today but is a little less accentuated but has the same old connotation. I have no problem with speaking English but this is done with bad motives.
God not only blesses America but anybody who works righteousness
Punch yo villa

Potomac, MD

#7313 May 11, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is this racist if it applies to everyone who doesn't speak English? Are you claiming to be a mind reader to know that the owner did this for bad motives? Maybe he just didn't want to deal with anyone who couldn't make themselves understood in English. Maybe he didn't want to have to hire interpreters so that those customers too lazy to learn to speak English (actually American, the British speak English) could order something from his eatery?
Oscar beseme culo
Kiss it
RCI

Lexington, NC

#7315 May 13, 2013
I do agree that if one is going to live here they should learn the English language. However, the attitude of learn English or get the hell out is quite assinine. With the lack of knowledege of proper use of English most of Americans would have to leave. The country talk....ebonics.....yuppie lingo....all of the other totally ignorant ways of speaking should fall into the same category. Most people in this country have no clue how to speak proper english and use words that do not exist. Examples...I threw the ball...not I throwed....I ahve already eaten....not I already ate.....English learn it use it properly or get out...not "git" out. Nothing is more stupid than listening to a redneck or someone from the hood talk. Both are equally ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 335
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 12 min Liberal forever 60,124
More welfare reciepents Sep 27 100 Missions 2
Hempfest 2014 Sept. 26, 27 & 28 Sep 18 Hempfest 2014 1
Work while being a felon Sep 17 Okay I guess 2
marcel Sep 16 bookie 1
ptsd Sep 16 bookie 1
Pug puppies Sep 10 Kendra 1
Lexington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Lexington Jobs

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE