City utilities operations center dedi...

City utilities operations center dedicated

There are 1 comment on the The Dispatch story from May 26, 2011, titled City utilities operations center dedicated. In it, The Dispatch reports that:

Published: Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 1:34 p.m. Last Modified: Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 1:34 p.m. City employees and officials dedicated the City of Lexington's Natural Gas/Public Works Utilities Operations Center at 425 Carolina Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Dispatch.

Disgusted In DC

Pelzer, SC

#1 May 29, 2011
I simply cannot believe the audacity and disregard for tax payers made by the City Of Lexington. With the economy in such a poor state right now, and with so many people out of work, how in the world can they justify spending $1.9 million dollars for this gaudy, unnecessary building? And they just keep on spending tax money like it's going out of style. Look at the new buildings they just built on Talbert Blvd just to keep all their new toys in. It's absolutely insane. The furniture and textile businesses are all gone, as well as the taxes they contributed, but the City is spending and building more now than ever. Whoever is ok'ing all this spending should be tarred and feathered, and run out of town. This building, and all the other new buildings, and all the new equipment is nothing more than a slap in the face to the Davidson County Taxpayers. That's just like all those empty police cars you see sitting around town. If we didn't need them for anything other than to be parking lot ornaments, why did we buy them? A lot of the citizens they extort those taxes and outrageous utility bills from are struggling just to survive. City of Lexington, you better wake up, we've had about enough of your frivolous spending. This has got to stop>>> DON'T YOU GET IT? WE ARE IN A DEPRESSION!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am looking for the best divorce attorney I ca... (Aug '13) Tue Loressa88 30
How do you get rid of a freeloader?? (Mar '07) Tue mellbell78 78
Bobbi nd Sierra Feb 17 SWWhite52 1
Ashley Furnture jobs (Mar '14) Feb 16 Just asking 3
anyone know this girl Feb 14 Dez Nutz 10
News Teen ticketed for trash talking and other weird... (Jun '13) Feb 14 Phartister 122
motel at north end of town has two way mirrors Feb 5 masked avenger 14

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages