Family Upset Over Plea Deal in Little Girl's Death

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

First-degree murder and child abuse charges have been dropped as part of a plea deal with a Mineral Springs man previously indicted by a Davidson County grand jury in the death of a 21-month-old girl.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 66 of66
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
knowitall

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

maybe if the "biblical bunch" will keep praying ... the child will come back to life

and if the "pouting doubting" crowd will throw all their money together and get a high profile lawyer... maybe he will get a new trial and be found innocent.

Or maybe when someone in prison that is serving life and hates baby killers will do the justice for us, he can go to the "river of fire" and live his life out eternity in hell.

It appears all are angry at our injustice system designed to give guilty people an opportunity to clear their name or give a reason as to why horrible things "just happen"... It does appear a few believe he did "not mean to" or the child fell on it's own, I can only say to those that blood is thicker than water, so if he is a family member, the black sheep has shown his quality for the final time, a bad apple spoils the whole bunch.
unknown

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

grace wrote:
this situation is sick. he is a horrible excuse for a person and so is she for sticking by him. if you that are friends with her are so sure she loved lily. I thought she did too but clearly she doesnt. her stupid family doesnt either. they care more about being popular with his family i guess because of all the money they are getting. well i hope he dies a horrible death before he even makes it to the end of his vacation summer. what a joke. confess to murder and get set free. guess they need more time to party together. well lily is better off not being raised by that sorry excuse for a mother or grandparents. to everyone that really loved her, the people who watched her. my prayers are with you.
get more facts sweetie before talking crap!
knowitall

Pfafftown, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewpictu...

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffen... #

he is being held without bond so he has active status at this time, there is no court date set yet.
concerned

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

I too have known Travis for many many years. He went through his fair share of scuffles and dismays as a teen like many boys. He lost himself along the way. Met the wrong people and fell into the wrong crowd. This crowd consisted of irresponsible kids that decided to not grow up after high school. He may have been all of that and more but you people have to stop your ranting about how he must pay and be tortured and the judge should get fired and so on.. He failed as a protector that night. He most certainly made some unforgivable mistakes to a little girl that he can't make it up to. But his friends and family who supported him through this whole thing did so not because they believed he was innocent. They.. I.. chose to be there for him because he didn't wake up that morning with a hidden agenda. He woke up as an irresponsible kid who just wanted to have fun but was trying to play the role of a man/father that he was not even close to living up. We who truly know him are sad for him. The judge gave him a break because there are those who kill, those who steal, those who break the law, and those who make impulsive mistakes that they would take back if given the opportunity. He has to live with this for the rest of his life. Lilly's life should not have been taken and she was robbed of everything. However, let this boy and his family deal with this. If they choose to stick side by side and be their for each other then so be it. Her death was cruel and extremely sad. Wishing for bad things to happen to someone who wishes he had killed himself instead is not going to make this world a better place. It's just giving a reason for another argument that results in hate and regret.
out4justice2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

tiredofliberals wrote:
This is an outrage, and I hope the family continues to pursue more charges if at all possible. How dare anyone allow this man or anyone else to accept a plea deal in such a case. I was just thinking the mother should be charged with something for allowing this man to stay with her child when I read further and found that she is supporting him. Pathetic. I feel great sorrow for all of this precious child's relatives. I absolutely cannot imagine the grief you have suffered and continue to suffer. I am so sorry for your pain. The attorney for this man is dispicable. Did we taxpayers pay his fees? He should be ashamed. Were I an attorney and a court appointed me to serve such a criminal, I would give up my license before I would defend him. I could not live with myself if I created alibis and excuses to get such a client a lesser sentence than he deserved. Second degree murder? Mr. Lemmond is a first degree killer and should be charged as such.
the D.A.'s are DIRTY dude Judge W.Daved Lee got paid ,some real dirty Shit goes down in Union County. and now a lot of people know about them.P.S. the Sheriffs are Perverts too.
Albert Nealey

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

tiredofliberals wrote:
The attorney for this man is dispicable. Did we taxpayers pay his fees?
No, you stupid twit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 66 of66
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington Discussions

Search the Lexington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 7 hr Red Square 55,532
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina 8 hr Uppercut 343
Happy 85th Birthday, Maya Angelou (Apr '13) 11 hr OMG 4
Bank question 11 hr OMG 2
hunt club apartments Sun New guy 1
One that got away Sat wondering 1
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Sat DAsia edwards 328
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••