Family Upset Over Plea Deal in Little...

Family Upset Over Plea Deal in Little Girl's Death

There are 66 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 14, 2010, titled Family Upset Over Plea Deal in Little Girl's Death. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

First-degree murder and child abuse charges have been dropped as part of a plea deal with a Mineral Springs man previously indicted by a Davidson County grand jury in the death of a 21-month-old girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wjg

Mocksville, NC

#1 Jul 14, 2010
He should have never been offered a plea he should be put to death or atleast life with no chance of release
tiredofliberals

East Bend, NC

#2 Jul 14, 2010
This is an outrage, and I hope the family continues to pursue more charges if at all possible. How dare anyone allow this man or anyone else to accept a plea deal in such a case. I was just thinking the mother should be charged with something for allowing this man to stay with her child when I read further and found that she is supporting him. Pathetic. I feel great sorrow for all of this precious child's relatives. I absolutely cannot imagine the grief you have suffered and continue to suffer. I am so sorry for your pain. The attorney for this man is dispicable. Did we taxpayers pay his fees? He should be ashamed. Were I an attorney and a court appointed me to serve such a criminal, I would give up my license before I would defend him. I could not live with myself if I created alibis and excuses to get such a client a lesser sentence than he deserved. Second degree murder? Mr. Lemmond is a first degree killer and should be charged as such.
Heather

High Point, NC

#3 Jul 14, 2010
Maybe if the family had been babysitting instead of the moms boyfriend the child would be alive. They need to look at why the child was left with this guy
Michelle

Mount Airy, NC

#4 Jul 14, 2010
When will this stop in North Carolina???? I am a mother of a shaken baby that was shaken when he was only 11 weeks old by his biological father. My son is now disabled for life and his father never served any prison time. The laws in N.C. are horrible and let people that hurt or kill innocent babies walk free. This will continue to happen as long as nothing is done to change the laws here. I have been trying to have something done here to have the laws changed in N.C. but it seems that nobody really gives a damn. We have more people here concerned about "Susies Law" and having hand held cell phones banned. It is crazy! Come on people are we really gonna care more about animals than babies??? I understand that there should be something done about animal abuse but do you really think that people will serve time for abusing an animal? If they are not serving time for abusing a baby here then they shouldn't for abusing animals. It is really upsetting that this man killed this precious baby girl. He should have to rot in prison!
HPU Grad

Hamptonville, NC

#5 Jul 14, 2010
Heather wrote:
Maybe if the family had been babysitting instead of the moms boyfriend the child would be alive. They need to look at why the child was left with this guy
Heather,

Agree this was a very positive and helpful statement.

They also need to question why the mother was with and is still with this boyfriend in the first place?

The horror is that she may have another child by this monster. I don't believe that she is child bearing/nurturing material at all.

HPU Grad
linda jennings

High Point, NC

#6 Jul 14, 2010
i am outraged at the results of the murder of the 21month old baby in lexington .i hope and pray somehow the judge will reverse his decision before august trail date .the mother should be held for neglect and child indangerment also .shes no better than him if she still stands by him .for the family i pray with all my beings that some miracle will come your way and he will live the rest of his days behind bars .and slow punish will come to the mom that allowed that to happen to her baby.prayer will be sent your to those who really care for that precious baby she now sits on gods lap no more tears for that little girl god bless you all .
GoFigure

High Point, NC

#7 Jul 14, 2010
Always remember as citizens its your right to vote. Gary Frank and his D.A's may need a shake up. Remember if you don't vote for Judges or D.A's don't complain. This county will use every resource to convict BS crimes but want for others.

Corruption at its best, Mr. Kevin Black a Lexington business owner tried to kill a man with his truck at a bank in Lexington but LPD didn't charge him nor did the District Attorneys office.
wilmingtongirl

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jul 14, 2010
Heather,
The reason the child was not left with the family & with the boyfriend instead was because the mother of the child was too lazy to drive the baby to one of the relative's homes. The only option she had for that night was her aunt and she lives 45 minutes away from Lexington.
Praying for the family

Lexington, NC

#10 Jul 14, 2010
From a person who went to school with the mother, I've seen what type of person she is but knowing that I can NOT believe any mother could stand by the BOY who caused their own childs death. She is the type that would rather put her daughter off on someone else so she can go out and have a good time. It's a sad story all together, and I pray for the little girls family who actually cared for her and who wants to see this boy pay for what he done.
want him to pay

Winston Salem, NC

#11 Jul 14, 2010
I know the mother also and you are right she would
have people watch her for what was to be over night and she would not show up for sometimes 7 or more days later to get her she evn asked someone that told her they could not watch her that if they knew anyone that would watch her just so she and him could go party all night she should be charged with something and I'm sure the DA and everyone esle was payed for good
want him to pay

Winston Salem, NC

#12 Jul 14, 2010
he is from Union county and just to show you the judge that is doing this is from UNION county also makes you wonder someone was payed off
HighPointMan

High Point, NC

#13 Jul 14, 2010
How is he out on bail for Murder? That doesn't seem write.
country girl

Greensboro, NC

#14 Jul 14, 2010
I feel such outrage over this story!
My husband and I have tried for years to have a child and it makes me so mad that anyone would hurt a precious little baby.
I take comfort in knowing that the child is in a better place being rocked in Jesus' Rocking Chair!!
For the family, I'm so sorry for your loss and pray that you can some how find peace.
I don't understand why a plea bargain was even offered??? The man does not deserve to be let free and the so called mother should face some kind of neglect/endngerment charges!!
bumblebee

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jul 14, 2010
I am the father of 3 small children and if for some ungodly reason i left any of my little ones with anybody and something happend to the point where one or more lost their life i wouldnt have to worry about the court slapping them on the wrist i personaly would take them in the middle if town in front of eveybody and blow their brains out then dare the court to prosicute me for doing it thats what needs to happen to pedofiles and child killers is public execution
Anonymous

Greensboro, NC

#16 Jul 15, 2010
A sewer rat doesn't deserve the death he gave to that baby. He is only remorseful that he got caught and is being punished. The mother is sticking by him probably because they were in it together and if she derails from his side he'll tell on her.
Suspicious

Greensboro, NC

#17 Jul 15, 2010
I have two words - Casey Anthony - if you don't know who that is look her up. This child's mother should be brought forth as an accomplice. She may not have been present at the time of death (because she was out of town partying) but she is just as guilty. She knew this man was abusive yet she chooses to leave her child with him?? Then sticks by him, that doesn't seem the least bit odd to anyone else??
HPU Grad

Hamptonville, NC

#18 Jul 15, 2010
Suspicious wrote:
I have two words - Casey Anthony - if you don't know who that is look her up. This child's mother should be brought forth as an accomplice. She may not have been present at the time of death (because she was out of town partying) but she is just as guilty. She knew this man was abusive yet she chooses to leave her child with him?? Then sticks by him, that doesn't seem the least bit odd to anyone else??
Suspicious,

Yes its odd, she wanted to be rid of the child so she could party on without being hampered or interrupted by being a mother.

Good analogy "Casey Anthony" right on.

HPU Grad
Michelle

Clemmons, NC

#19 Jul 15, 2010
What in God's name are these young people doing having babys and then just leave them with a boyfriend instead of someone who loves the baby and will not hurt them.......... This Punk needs the Death sentence for taking a angel life !!!!!
you dont know

Chesnee, SC

#20 Jul 15, 2010
For all of you comparing the mother the likes of Casey Anthony, maybe you should stop for a second to think about the fact that YOU DON'T KNOW HER. All you're doing is making ignorant assumptions...no one ever said that she knew he was abusive, no one said she was standing by him AWARE of the fact that he had killed her daughter. Until now his story had been very different, and how was she to know that it wasn't the truth? Hannah was a great mother, and no one should say differently unless they KNOW SO FOR A FACT. Stop making such harsh judgements on some poor mother who lost her child. As if that wasn't bad enough, now she has strangers blaming her for the whole incident. I don't think many of these comments are fair at all.
Mad

United States

#21 Jul 15, 2010
This makes me sick! I cannot believe this white trash get by with cold-blooded murder, and the mother is now better. They both should pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Never Ever May 25 CONFIDENCE 1
News New atheist-led Charlotte group wants community... (Oct '14) May 21 windowshax 5
Annabelles on Patterson ave (Sep '15) May 16 party couple 3
Thomasville Music Thread (Feb '15) May 9 Musikologist 4
Curious May 8 joe 3
How do you get rid of a freeloader?? (Mar '07) May 8 LadyDocIII 65
Schaper stomper toy trucks from the 80's and 90's May 1 Fallguy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages