Looking for friends.
Lonely

Lexington, NC

#1 Jul 28, 2012
I'm a 45 year old female whi is just looking for a few good friends to hang out with. I'm not exactly looking for a boyfriend at this time. I'd just like to meet with some people my age to hang out with. I have my own home and income but I just don't know anybody in the area, the few people I do know is people that me and my ex both know so I don't want them to feel like they have to take sides, or take the chance that they would run back and tell him everything I do. I'm not until drinking so I just don't even know where to go to meet people. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Lodestar

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Aug 19, 2012
Most 45 year old women have two choices the Bar stool or the Church pew. Then there is another side to consider and that is turning into a lesbian. Some in your position become cougars and go after younger men. If I were in the same place in time you find yourself. I would go for the pew and a social life that may place you in a service organization. Many people find people with similar interest.
Wondering

Lexington, NC

#3 Aug 25, 2012
I'm also 45 but married. My husband and I don't have many friends here. We are from a different state and although we have lived here a little over 4 years we still have a hard time meeting people. We don't drink either so going to the bars just isn't an option for us. I feel like we out grew bar hopping years ago. You are more than welcome to leave an e-mail address and even though we tend to hang out at home a lot you would be welcome to join us. Sometimes good company is all many of us are looking for. I understand if you would be weary coming to our home at first so we could go out to dinner at first if you're interested. I'd very much just like to hhave a friend to talk to. Either way....good luck to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LGBT at UK Sat gay fellow 1
Will not pay child support (May '07) Jul 29 BabyDaddy 24
dalton family reunion (May '08) Jul 27 edwilliams 26
Shooting Jul 27 Charlie0117cm 1
I still love you Jul 26 Someone 1
News Editorial: Flag is gone but racist laws still r... Jul 25 The Black Foreigner 24
How do you get rid of a freeloader?? (Mar '07) Jul 23 Michelle 55
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages