Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#52004 Apr 25, 2014
It's ironic that the old Nevada racist-moocher whines about other people "on the government dole" when he is in fact is a bigger moocher on the government dole than any of them. He's been mooching to the tune of over a million dollars.
Rock

United States

#52005 Apr 25, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats are on the side of fairness & righteousness. We always win in the end. Republicans, on the other hand, are on the side of greed & deceit.....they have always lost in the end.
This country is growing evermore progressive, despite all the RW hate. We will keep on moving forward.
One election is just that....one election. We will prevail.
Self righteous little person... You probably have no idea how childish and arrogant you sound... You are very amusing though.
TSF

Angier, NC

#52006 Apr 25, 2014
Bundy is just an ignorant old rancher with ignorant ideas about the world around him. Kind of like the tea party republikans who think their power meters are spying on them and that common core curriculum is a communist plot by the federals.
BLM wants Bundy off the land because they have other ideas for its use. Kind of like arresting hillbillies for cutting firewood from downed trees on national forests and then giving prime trees to timber companies for an average of $25/ thousand board feet AFTER paying them for building logging roads to extract the timber. So, in the end, timbers companies get the timber for pennies on the thousand board feet. Even then, the actual average price is lower because they do not even count sales less than $1 per thousand board feet because it shows that we are paying timber companies to take our natural resources..Note the next to last sentence in this copy/paste from US Forestry Service Data. Our country is far from being broke. We are being robbed.

Data were obtained from Kling (2008), who reported quarterly average sold prices
for stumpage for the 62 national forests in Regions 1, 4, 5, and 6 between the first
quarter (Q1) of 1984 and the first quarter of 2007. Sold prices are computed as
volume weighted averages of high-bid prices for the right to harvest timber at a
future date. Since 1984, sold prices have been reported as an all-species average of
high bids, net of purchaser road credits and an allowance for timber stand improvements.
Quarterly sold price series typically excluded sales with a total value of less
than $2,000. Prices less than $1.00/thousand board feet (MBF) were omitted owing
to the negative values generated from transformation to natural logarithmic form
required for analysis. Prices were adjusted from nominal published prices to real
1984 dollars using the Producer Price Index.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text> I think he was voicing an opinion of a race of people that he will "get a better Idea" about in prison. I guess that's what happened to the rock band in Russia, the Asian people that was "caught with a Bible" or why North Korea is completely black at night from the space station. Or why some people on here can say the most vile things to someone else and yet topix publishes it, but yesterday when I named the rock band they told me to be polite. Gag at a gnat and swallow a camel. The old man in Nevada was wondering on the plight of a race of people and he was not politically correct. Yet, everyday in the media, we see "black on black" crime, high unemployment, high population in the prison system of the same race. I wonder what question reporters asked to get to this response?
Waco 9999

Greer, SC

#52007 Apr 25, 2014
In 1917 Russian Communists had a little surprise for people they judged to be "bad".
They butchered then in the tens of thousands.
First though, they talked about the people they were going to kill.
Sort of like TSF and Victoria talk about the evil Republicans.
Small wonder that I think they'd be capable of mass murder to make the world" better".
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#52008 Apr 25, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Self righteous little person... You probably have no idea how childish and arrogant you sound... You are very amusing though.
Waco has always said that "liberals" resort to personal attacks when they cannot think of anything to say to counter the persons position. Does this post look like it applies to the Waco rule? Come on Rock, see if you can counter some of the points that Victoria made. She seems to be able to put all of you conservatives in the dust with her intelligence and insight. Am I right about this? Can you not defend the conservative point of view?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#52010 Apr 25, 2014
TSF wrote:
Just when I thought Oklahoma republikans were going to beat NC republikans in the race to the bottom in education and in astounding stupidity, the NC legislature is making a come back.
Not only will the NC party of stupid develop public school curricula, but they will also establish new standards, presumably more in line with NC charter schools. The end of grade test in math will be "What color is the red barn?" .Correct answer--red.
The test in science will be "Why are there no dinosaurs today?" The only correct answer is "Because Noah couldn't get them onto the ark."
Two years after these high standards and demanding curricula are implemented, they will again re-organize schools around something even more stupid. God only knows what it could be, but on ting you can count on is stupid.
So there was no Ark TSF? No world wide flood? Curious since you are a believer?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#52011 Apr 25, 2014
Waco 9999 wrote:
In 1917 Russian Communists had a little surprise for people they judged to be "bad".
They butchered then in the tens of thousands.
First though, they talked about the people they were going to kill.
Sort of like TSF and Victoria talk about the evil Republicans.
Small wonder that I think they'd be capable of mass murder to make the world" better".
I hope you are not serious or your paranoia is getting worse. Do you really think it is the intent of the Democratic party to kill off Republicans? We are in opposition to Republican policies ONLY. No intent to kill off Republicans. The only thing killing off Republicans is the election cycle.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#52012 Apr 25, 2014
I also love how Ben describes Bundy's statement as being "not politically correct" instead of the truth about it being outright "racists". Like cats covering up their sh*t. Very revealing.
Waco 9999

Greer, SC

#52013 Apr 25, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are not serious or your paranoia is getting worse. Do you really think it is the intent of the Democratic party to kill off Republicans? We are in opposition to Republican policies ONLY. No intent to kill off Republicans. The only thing killing off Republicans is the election cycle.
I'm not so sure.
You and Victoria strike me as "ends justifies the means"people. I've heard several comments about waiting for the old white people to die, and everything will be great.
Not from you, I think, but I've seen these comments on Topix.
What's better than waiting for the old white people to die?
Speeding up the process. Maybe I am paranoid, but all this rough talk between political groups is how these things start.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#52014 Apr 25, 2014
Waco 9999 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not so sure.
You and Victoria strike me as "ends justifies the means"people. I've heard several comments about waiting for the old white people to die, and everything will be great.
Speeding up the process. Maybe I am paranoid, but all this rough talk between political groups is how these things start.
I am an aging white man. I will die at some point in the future as will all of us. There is a big difference between dying and killing. As she explained, the natural order of things will take over for these elderly white people in due time, and when it does, the Republican party will lose a lot of it's support. It is no more than that.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#52015 Apr 25, 2014
In what area of American politics have we given you the idea that Victoria and I subscribe to "the end justifies the means?"
TSF

Angier, NC

#52016 Apr 25, 2014
Yes, I am a believer. The dinosaurs were extinct long before any man appeared on this planet to make any kind of history, written or otherwise recording such an event. Yes I believe in evolution and natural selection. No, I do not see a conflict in that belief and the scriptures of the New or Old Testaments. God created present creatures and man by natural selection and evolution. That method was just as magical as the "presto " method that fundamentalist demand that God had to have used to conform to their dogma.
Yes, there have been floods of what was known as the world. Yes, the Ark and its dimensions are described in the Bible, It would not have been able to contain two of all the dinosaurs , even if they had been still in existence.
God gave man intelligence to explore and understand his surroundings. God expects man to use that intelligence rather than blindly accepting the words of charlatans claiming to know the mind of God and his methods.
God does not favor ignorance or stupidity. Colonial preachers and judges were convicting people of "witchcraft" and "Satanism" because of unusual events happening during a particularly wet summer. Their ignorance of science prevented them from understanding that an ergot mold growing on the rye that year was producing lysergic acid in their primary food supply. I suspect that the perpetrators of the witchcraft craziness are presently in dire need for a drink of ice water.
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> So there was no Ark TSF? No world wide flood? Curious since you are a believer?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#52017 Apr 25, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart move.
I am going to ask for a Republican ballot NOW and vote for that crazy Teabagger. Nothing will destroy the Republican party faster than more Teabagger insanity.
Teabagger? You cheeky little monkey you.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#52018 Apr 25, 2014
Victoria wrote:
Oh, look.....another Republican HERO revealed to be a racist. Imagine that.
"GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race
Offering words of encouragement for a rancher leading an armed standoff against federal rangers turns out to be not so great of a political move – especially when the rancher in question muses publicly about the benefits of slavery.
Bundy had previously drawn support from some GOP lawmakers for his clash with the Bureau of Land Management."
oh noes! He said something about black people! That means everything he had ever said or done is all for not, because racissss... Always so entertaining...
Waco 9999

Greer, SC

#52019 Apr 25, 2014
TSF wrote:
After spending $400,000000 dollars implementing common core in NC, now the republican legislature is going to dump common core standards and replace the curriculum with one decided on by tea party republikans. These are the folks who have given us possum dropping and silencers on hunting weapons. What could go wrong?
That's the best news I've heard in quite some time!
Rock

Franklin, NC

#52020 Apr 25, 2014
TSF wrote:
I didn't intend to be judgemental or infer any inferiority to anyone. Rednecks got that name from getting burned working in the hot Southern sun. I was born and raised a redneck and proudly learned the value of hard work. I perceive redneck as a compliment. I spent 4 years as a lent head working at night earning the money to pay my own college tuition, pay my rent and buy a little food. There were no noise or dust standards in those days. It was hot, dirty, dusty,loud and dangerous . I still find lent in my belly button and expect to get credit for time served if I were to be unfortunate enough to land in hell.. Lent head is a compliment. No sissies can stand up to that kind of punishment. I have much respect for working people and consider the adjectives used as complimentary.
I remain convinced that working people voting against their own interest is subliminal hostility toward the "federals". I offer that not as judgment of good or bad, but as a theory to explain what appears to me as otherwise unexplainable.
<quoted text>
Yankees coming down South and causing trouble? No wonder why everyone can't stand um.
TSF

Angier, NC

#52021 Apr 25, 2014
Remember the "If you are not with us, you are against us.' statement by Dubya as he started a war based on known lies? Yes, it is easy to get otherwise sane people to do evil things if you frame the politics artfully. That is how we ended up with almost 5000 dead young Americans, 100,000 wounded Americans , over 100,000 dead Iraqis, and over 3 trillion dollars in debt so far as a result.
I think your fears of republican genocide are completely over the top, but stranger things have happened. Look what happened in Germany when Hitler said "Close your heart to pity and proceed brutally" . They did and they did..
Waco 9999 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not so sure.
Waco 9999

Greer, SC

#52022 Apr 25, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an aging white man. I will die at some point in the future as will all of us. There is a big difference between dying and killing. As she explained, the natural order of things will take over for these elderly white people in due time, and when it does, the Republican party will lose a lot of it's support. It is no more than that.
. Maybe I read too many history books.
I had an interesting conversation at work a couple of days ago with an aging white man.
He seemed to think that the economy in 1790 was the same as the economy of today.
Things went downhill from there.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#52023 Apr 25, 2014
TSF wrote:
Yes, I am a believer. The dinosaurs were extinct long before any man appeared on this planet to make any kind of history, written or otherwise recording such an event. Yes I believe in evolution and natural selection. No, I do not see a conflict in that belief and the scriptures of the New or Old Testaments. God created present creatures and man by natural selection and evolution. That method was just as magical as the "presto " method that fundamentalist demand that God had to have used to conform to their dogma.
Yes, there have been floods of what was known as the world. Yes, the Ark and its dimensions are described in the Bible, It would not have been able to contain two of all the dinosaurs , even if they had been still in existence.
God gave man intelligence to explore and understand his surroundings. God expects man to use that intelligence rather than blindly accepting the words of charlatans claiming to know the mind of God and his methods.
God does not favor ignorance or stupidity. Colonial preachers and judges were convicting people of "witchcraft" and "Satanism" because of unusual events happening during a particularly wet summer. Their ignorance of science prevented them from understanding that an ergot mold growing on the rye that year was producing lysergic acid in their primary food supply. I suspect that the perpetrators of the witchcraft craziness are presently in dire need for a drink of ice water.
<quoted text>
So you don't believe God destroyed the entire ancient world with a flood? In regards to the dinosaurs and room enough in the Ark, who says that the dinosaurs were full grown? Why not baby or juvenile dinos? You do realize that much of modern science was established by Christian Scientists, right?
Waco 9999

Greer, SC

#52024 Apr 25, 2014
TSF wrote:
Remember the "If you are not with us, you are against us.' statement by Dubya as he started a war based on known lies? Yes, it is easy to get otherwise sane people to do evil things if you frame the politics artfully. That is how we ended up with almost 5000 dead young Americans, 100,000 wounded Americans , over 100,000 dead Iraqis, and over 3 trillion dollars in debt so far as a result.
I think your fears of republican genocide are completely over the top, but stranger things have happened. Look what happened in Germany when Hitler said "Close your heart to pity and proceed brutally" . They did and they did..
<quoted text>
. If only LBJ had not sent those boys into Vietnam, based on lies.
Fifty thousand Americans dead, and a million Vietnamese dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Davidson Murder Initially Reported a Suicide (Oct '10) 12 hr Toshas little girl 337
News Lunch Lady Told First Grader He Couldn't Have L... (Nov '14) Sun Actual Science 8
Corrupt Courtrooms Aug 18 Anonymous 1
News The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina (Jul '14) Aug 16 Spotted Girl 306
iso of someone who can unlock my 6s plus Aug 16 CrAsH33 2
iso someone who can unlock an iphone 6s plus Aug 16 CrAsH33 1
News Boone pays to settle wrongful arrest lawsuit Aug 15 Bob 4

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages