Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36960 Feb 23, 2013
variety

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36961 Feb 23, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>You really should invest in a color TV someday.
I know how republicans love the John Wayne, so I used it for the example. I see you have no rebuttal as always.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36962 Feb 23, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I always carry because that's the point. YOUR full of crap because YOU have no idea what other people will do, confidence is as big deterrent a when it comes to being a victim. Criminals look for lambs not lions.
You carry in the shower? If not, then your absolute claim is false.
The situation was, I had no gun and had five guys surrounding me holding guns. I did the math and concluded twenty dollars was not worth my life. Maybe your life is only worth twenty dollars, but I value mine more so than that.
It is called risk assessment.

Did you carry a gun while you bartended? Even if you had one behind the bar, which is not legal and I doubt you had one, you do not always have the upper hand to grab it. This is just the realities of life, as this is no action movie.

Hell, even in the cowboy movies, sometimes the hero puts down the gun because he is outnumbered. He likely gets them by the end of the movie though.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36963 Feb 23, 2013
TSF wrote:
If the idiots would let passengers with concealed carry permits pack on board, no towel heads would even consider taking the plane.
If they did consider it, they would be killed before they could actually do it.
I am more afraid of idiots than terrorists. The only useful act I have ever seen by security was when they took a box of phosphorus stick matches away from an idiot tourist
<quoted text>
You have the freedom to hire a private plane and carry your gun.
Your statement has some big contradictions in it. If you are not afraid of terrorists, then why even mention them here?
I am sure the airlines are also worried about the other nut cases who are carrying guns or other weapons. This is why they allow none.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36964 Feb 23, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I always carry because that's the point. YOUR full of crap because YOU have no idea what other people will do, confidence is as big deterrent a when it comes to being a victim. Criminals look for lambs not lions.
I think I did show confidence in the situation. I did not show fear, but treated the situtation as if were a business transaction. I thought this would show the criminals I was not phased by their actions. I think it defused the tension. Tension can cause someone to do something stupid.
The result is, I have had another twenty five years so far of life. So I think my choice worked out pretty darned well. That is less than a dollar per year.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36965 Feb 23, 2013
emlu wrote:
If a gun is the only weapon in your arsenal, then you are not really well equipped.
I carry a brian and it never leaves my person, even in the shower. I survived for almost fifty years using it. So it has served me well.
Believe it or not, sometimes there are more solutions than brute force.
Someday the war mongering republicans will learn this.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36966 Feb 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
What kind of monster kills a little bitty girl?
Well the god of the bible killed every single little bitty girl on the planet in the supposed flood he created. What kind of monster does this? I have no doubt you have no answer.
No go worship your monster.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36967 Feb 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm bringing in my own justice today. I saw on the news where they found the skull of that little girl, Zaharia)?) Baker, from Hickory, NC and her "stepmother" needs one of your favorite methods of dealing with bankers, the good ole guillotine. Before they use the guillotine, they need to cut off a hand, foot, leg, arm etc and put through a wood chipper like she did that child. I don't even know why people like her are still breathing. She should have received her punishment about 10 minutes after she confessed. Makes me sooooooo mad. Thinning out the population of people like this woman quickly would save the taxpayers a lot of money. That's my money saving tip of the day.
Obviously you are not bringing the justice, you only wish you were. But here in civilized society, we do not follow the rules of Bacon.
We have a system that has a constitution that demands we have due process of law.
Why do republicans hate the constitution?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36968 Feb 23, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You carry in the shower? If not, then your absolute claim is false.
The situation was, I had no gun and had five guys surrounding me holding guns. I did the math and concluded twenty dollars was not worth my life. Maybe your life is only worth twenty dollars, but I value mine more so than that.
It is called risk assessment.
Did you carry a gun while you bartended? Even if you had one behind the bar, which is not legal and I doubt you had one, you do not always have the upper hand to grab it. This is just the realities of life, as this is no action movie.
Hell, even in the cowboy movies, sometimes the hero puts down the gun because he is outnumbered. He likely gets them by the end of the movie though.
I live by myself and yes I carry everywhere. There is a weapon in my bathroom. I prefer to be a lion than a lamb. The difference,you are a male, me, being a female will seem the weaker. I am a more likely target than you, as I was told by a Secret Service agent. I took her at her word. I will NOT be an easy target. When I was behind the bar, it was a different time and a not so likely a "target area", do some threat assessment yourself. I did break the hand of a customer who hit me in the face for being "cut off". Cut off pool cue with lead in the end worked like a charm. I am not impressed with your "realities" of life. You ARE correct in life is not a TV show.
TSF

Angier, NC

#36969 Feb 23, 2013
I am not afraid of terrorist precisely because I am armed. I often travel by private plane because of the hassel encountered on commercial planes. The jets are cheaper and faster but by the time you go through all the BS and delays, the old recip/props can grind out the miles in about the same total time in transit.
Plus, being low and slow lets you see more of the landscape.
To me, the nut cases are the ones who qualify for concealed carry permits but are not armed. Just FYI, cops are known to have a higher crime rate than citizens with concealed carry permits. That indicates to me that citizens with training and extensive background checks are more dependable than cops.
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You have the freedom to hire a private plane and carry your gun.
Your statement has some big contradictions in it. If you are not afraid of terrorists, then why even mention them here?
I am sure the airlines are also worried about the other nut cases who are carrying guns or other weapons. This is why they allow none.
TSF

Angier, NC

#36970 Feb 23, 2013
If you are lucky, you will live your life without encountering a situation where force is the ONLY solution left. I'm not a republikan and I hope that reality continues to be my companion.
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>If a gun is the only weapon in your arsenal, then you are not really well equipped.
I carry a brian and it never leaves my person, even in the shower. I survived for almost fifty years using it. So it has served me well.
Believe it or not, sometimes there are more solutions than brute force.
Someday the war mongering republicans will learn this.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#36971 Feb 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes I go to the airport body scanner just to show off.
My man! Hahaha... Start calling you tripod

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#36972 Feb 23, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
My man! Hahaha... Start calling you tripod
haaaa! Just an accident of birth, can't take any credit!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#36973 Feb 23, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well the god of the bible killed every single little bitty girl on the planet in the supposed flood he created. What kind of monster does this? I have no doubt you have no answer.
No go worship your monster.
Mike, your comment was mean spirited, and meant to be offensive.Mike, people have their beliefs, constantly degrading people for their beliefs is simply counterproductive.I have a friend, he's a Muslim, served twelve years in the Army, was wounded twice in Afghanistan.His beliefs are different from mine.Shall I harangue him for that? No Mike.I won't.Trying to get into a condemnation of religion, instead of condemning the monsters who tortured this little girl, is outrageous, and points to a troll, looking for argument for arguments sake.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36974 Feb 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> haaaa! Just an accident of birth, can't take any credit!
Do you have to tell EVERYTHING!!!!! I guess the secret is out now.

Robbins, NC

#36975 Feb 23, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Typical liberal, you feel as if you're entitled to someone else's money!
Sorry, I couldn't resist! You left that hanging curve ball right over the plate!:)
Hey what can I say, the ball was in my court. Evidently Bacon didn't think that I would sign in either or she would have accepted the bet. She didn't and so the power was mine. Moral of the story being, "if you want money for nothing you have to think like a republiCON."

Sorry, I just couldn't resist:)
TSF

Angier, NC

#36976 Feb 23, 2013
Click here: Gun Control for Dummies - It's Common Sense - YouTube

Robbins, NC

#36977 Feb 23, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I expected the right wingers here would not understand or take my statement to an unreasonable extreme.
I was speaking to that one situation. I had no gun sticking out of my car, because if I did, I would not be allowed to have that job.
I have no problem defending yourself, but in some cases, you have few choices. Sometimes you have to just hope the law of statistics will work in the normal ways. Justice is not always swift. I could not imagine those guys(five of them)would be able to keep up that sort of behavior and not be in jail soon.
Even if you have guns, they are not always on your persons. So in some situations, you look at other choices.
I have no doubt all of you would have handed over the twenty bucks. Anyone who says otherwise is full of crap.
And yes I agree they are full of crap. It is so easy to say, oh if it had been me in that situation I would have done this or that. Well if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his a** on the ground either. I was an Operations and Loss Prevention Manager for a retail chain back in the day. This was a day when you could chase a shoplifter into the parking lot, grab him by the neck, sling him to the ground, lock your knees in his ribs and beat his face off if you wanted. This is a new day and time. If a person were to do that today, they would no longer have a job with that company and the bad guy would then own the company.

The right wingers here that own businesses have made it clear that the only ones that they care about are the stock holders, etc. So why as an employee should you put yourself in harms way for an employer who doesn't give a crap about your well being in the first place. You did the right thing:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36978 Feb 23, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey what can I say, the ball was in my court. Evidently Bacon didn't think that I would sign in either or she would have accepted the bet. She didn't and so the power was mine. Moral of the story being, "if you want money for nothing you have to think like a republiCON."
Sorry, I just couldn't resist:)
Sorry, that pitch was low and outside...wasn't worth swinging the bat.
Come back with something relevant, maybe I'll swing next time.

Robbins, NC

#36979 Feb 23, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you are not bringing the justice, you only wish you were. But here in civilized society, we do not follow the rules of Bacon.
We have a system that has a constitution that demands we have due process of law.
Why do republicans hate the constitution?
Mike out of all due respect here, I have to agree with Bacon. I am no republican and I do not hate our constitution but, the demand here is on the taxpayer and when due process of law becomes past due and long over due it is clear to me that there is no justice until that almighty dollar has been milked dry. When a person like this has plead guilty and has been proven guity without a shadow of a doubt, then why imprison that person for the rest of their life or why make them sit for years on death row? Does this not classify as torture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New Y... 6 hr Pope Out To Pasture 65
Pat McCory lost by 10,000 votes, 300,000 Illega... Dec 5 MAGA2016 1
motel at north end of town has two way mirrors Dec 2 Curious 8
News Asheville Holiday Parade hopes to involve audience (Nov '07) Dec 2 Mike Sams 105
sex pics (Jan '16) Nov 30 Abcd 3
News Active older population, better technology may ... Nov 30 nrubin 1
News Pritchard to be paroled (Jun '07) Sep '16 ilovewings 66

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages