American Legion Baseball State Tourna...

American Legion Baseball State Tournament - Holt-Moffitt Field

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Disappointed Baseball Fan

United States

#1 Jul 30, 2014
In addition to the ridiculous tournament management by Am Legion Commissioners, what a disappointment with the field and facilities for the recent American Legion State tournament held at Holt-Moffitt Field. Of all the nice baseball parks in the state of NC, it's unbelievable that the Legion decided to hold the state tournament here. The condition and maintenance of the field was very disappointing - right side batter's box had foot holes similar to a church softball field and the outfield mountain grass was not cut. The stadium was not suited to handle the crowds and it was very difficult for many people to even see the games because of where they had to sit. Hopefully the city of Lexington can make necessary improvements and the Am Legion will consider this feedback in the future when it chooses sites for the state tourney.
Dodger Scout

Lexington, NC

#2 Aug 7, 2014
I am not familiar with the field that you mention. I have seen many like that and can not imagine holding AL Baseball at one especially tourney play. A bad field can make a damn good player look less than average plus lead to injuries. There are many good legion fields in the state I am sure. The teams competing at tourney level should be have the luxury of playing on a college or minor league quality field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven Deaks aka.... Sep 16 Steven Deaks 1
men who cheat and liars (Jun '13) Aug 27 Summer 22
Women's soccer league! Aug 26 Erickadwatson 1
How do you get rid of a freeloader?? (Mar '07) Aug 26 Jeff 82
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable (Aug '16) Aug '17 dragos 4
News Brunswick County sheriff asks for help finding ... Aug '17 daffy duck 1
July 2 142 Jackson blvd home invasion Aug '17 Armednow 1

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance