Legacy of N.C. sterilization scrutinized

Legacy of N.C. sterilization scrutinized

There are 1 comment on the The Charlotte Observer story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Legacy of N.C. sterilization scrutinized. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

WINSTON SALEM As N.C. lawmakers revive the question of victim compensation, students and professors gathered at Wake Forest University on Thursday for a two-day conference on the impact of the state's eugenic sterilization program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

London, KY

#1 Apr 4, 2013
When I was a child growing up in another state up north, I used to hear stories about forced sterilization in North Carolina. It sounded so terrible, I didn't want to believe that the stories were true. I heard that many black women were sterilized just because they were black. I don't know if that is true, but I sure hope that it isn't. Thinking about it makes me very angry. Some people are so wicked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you get rid of a freeloader?? (Mar '07) 15 hr LindaBird 58
Moving To Lexington Mon anonymous 65 2
men who cheat and liars (Jun '13) Nov 18 Hope 12
Bradley Mel Barfield is a thief! Brad about 56 ... Nov 16 pisse_off_parent 3
Pazuzu Nov 13 Wow 3
How to get a girl? Nov 11 YouAreSick 5
Rat Nov 10 Pink Toe 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages