Lexington Man Charged with Murder of Teenage Girl

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

A 21-year-old Lexington man is being charged with murder after allegedly throwing a concrete paving stone through a car's passenger-side window and killing a teenage girl early Saturday, police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 850 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2011
First Prev
of 43
Next Last
david w

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

So stupid and a waste of life.hIS LIFE IS NOW OVER.Do we know why and does it really matter.He has taken a life.
Robert Strupe

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

My family knew the victim. This was totally senseless and wrong! Everything about this case was a textbook example of how teenagers can get real stupid, real fast. This guy needs to go away for the rest of his life if not fry! Our hearts are breaking for the family.
Fellow Student at NDHS

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

RIP, Shelby. We will miss you. Our prayers go out to your family.
Kassie Snider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

He deserves what is coming for him. She was a wonderful girl and a great person to everyone. Anyone involved in this should be charged and sentenced to time in jail. Why let them have life in he took hers. It was not a mistake it was stupidity and thats what he will find out. We love you girl. RIP
amadna

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

my thoughts and prayers go out to Shelby's family
WendynLex

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

Does anyone know if he knew this girl. Was he just randomly throwing stones at cars? This story sounds really fishy. Also 6AM in the morning...What was going on?
Friends

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

This is so sad! If you knew both parties the way we do you would realize he is not worthless. He was a wonderful young man that made a bad mistake.
fellowfriend

Walnut Cove, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

they were leaving a party. & yes they knew each other. they were previously in a relationship. but regardless, a young life was taken while another young life is over all because of a split second decision. please think people.
lea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

fellowfriend wrote:
they were leaving a party. & yes they knew each other. they were previously in a relationship. but regardless, a young life was taken while another young life is over all because of a split second decision. please think people.
they werent in a relationship.
fellow ndhs alum

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

I knew both of them. Shelby through some friends talking about her and Micheal personally. Micheal deserves whatever he gets. And as for Shelby, may she RIP and God Bless the family and friends of Shelby.
Former NDHS Student

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

Although I don't know either of them personally, I knew of them and I must say that my thoughts and prayers go out to both families.
Shelby was such a young, beautiful girl who still had so much life ahead of her.
friend

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

fellowfriend wrote:
since you obviously dont know her, they werent in a relationship. and its sad that you dont know her and still are acting like you did
Tonyaa

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

WendynLex wrote:
Does anyone know if he knew this girl. Was he just randomly throwing stones at cars? This story sounds really fishy. Also 6AM in the morning...What was going on?
He knew her. There was a situation going on between them for awhile now.
katie adderson

Bethania, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

This is horrible.. even though i didnt know them i knew of both of them, basically it was a altercation and he threw a brick??...
friend

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

michael and shelby were never in a relationship. she had dated his cousin, ethan, before though.
NDHS alumni

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

I knew his sister really well in school, but not him and never had the pleasure of knowing Shelby..RIP Shelby. What a horrible accident.
ndhs 2011 student

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

Shelby was a great person, and she was never in a relationship with Michael. She always had a smile on her face and was the light of our lives. It is so sad that we lost one of the best, because of a drunken rampage. Yes, the were drinking and drugs were also involved, but we should just take this time and remember our beloved Shelbs. She is now one of God's glorious angels, and will forever be remembered as a wonderful friend. It is a shame that Michael acted the way he did, but only God can judge him... I hope he recieves just what he deserves.
AMANDA

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

regardless of wether they ever ad a relationship a life was lost because of stupidty and no need in fussing about them having or not having a relationship. Either wasy he made a bad choice and now must suffer and answer to God for what he did.
NDHS ALUMNI

Lugoff, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

I knew his sister in school also but didn't know him or Shelby. R.I.P. Shelby. Both families are in my thoughts and prayers! Only GOD may judge!
you have no idea

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

NDHS alumni wrote:
I knew his sister really well in school, but not him and never had the pleasure of knowing Shelby..RIP Shelby. What a horrible accident.
accident?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 43
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 49 min Victoria 58,743
Tenant rights Mon Yeshuaschosen 1
Mclane Cumberland Aug 20 Lexingtonsmyhome 1
R.S. Parker planning 125 homes Clemmons, Winsto... Aug 19 morelock 1
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Aug 14 Hard working Mom 330
Select Homes Property Management Company Aug 14 Seth Ashford 2
Diner stops 'prayer' discount after atheist gro... Aug 9 Retired SOF 1
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE