likemygrits

Lexington, SC

#1 Dec 14, 2009
If you've ever came to the the lake most of ya have stopped at a little country store called Southmont Grocery,It's owned and ran by the Dennis Family or should I say the bussiness is ran by the family the building belongs to Patty Younts,thats the issue of this post.The Dennis's go out of there way to have what Southmont needs and will order anything you might need,they are friendly out going people and they like to pick, there like family, a few year's ago with a bad storm there roof either blew off or was badly damaged,Patty Younts being the owner collected the insurance money and pocketed it not fixing the roof.Tarps were put on most likely by the Dennis family since it's Steve I see up there putting on new ones,When it rains they have to use buckets inside to catch the leaks.
I've heard many times from the family how embarrassed they were.It's there anything that can be done by the public to make the property owner fix there roof.I know the first thing that comes to mind is not pay the rent or put on a new roof and deducted it from the rent, Knowing the woman as I do she would kick them out,I can't see the Dennis family having to put one on there selves. they do all the up keep now out of there pocket,
It's hard to see nice people done this way,at one time they were the only store here in Southmont and have taken care of us.
ttt

Lexington, SC

#2 Dec 18, 2009
I agree. They order me and my family anything we need or want. They are nice people and we make sure that if we need to purchase anything it is from them and not other gas stations. They deserve more than her putting the money if her pocket
sweetpuss

Lexington, NC

#3 Dec 30, 2009
That is a nice lil country store. we visit there often too. Since the property is rented isn't the landlord/owner accountable? I would think that the inspector could step in & demand it be fixed by the owner. This could actually be a legal county inspection issue when it involves leaking in rain on a business that supplies food etc. to patrons. That puts food etc. into a health risk & public safety risk if the roof needs repairs. shame on that tight wad. She can't take it with her!
old friend

Marion, OH

#4 Jan 11, 2010
There's a lady that works there and i think her name is Denise.She is always so polite and helpful..
princess

Lexington, NC

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Cool store they got all kinds of stuff especially when your far from town and need alittle something.
QuitBitchen

Lexington, NC

#6 Jun 26, 2011
Please Remember the old country stores are vanishing faster than Rotary Phones !
And like the sight of an 100 yr old hay barn when they are gone they are gone forever......
yes in deed

Lexington, NC

#7 Jun 26, 2011
we use to live down that way and yes these are some awesome ppl just as nice and careing!good things come to those who do right by others and to the ones that dont well....karma is a bitch and she has GPS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary body count is GROWING!! Sep 22 Mr-Smilley 1
sandy marshall (Jul '13) Sep 19 joe 3
Waco Murders And Hillary Clinton Sep 17 Mr-Smilley 3
Hillary ordered Waco! Sep 17 Mr-Smilley 2
Clinton Body Count. What CNN won't tell you! Sep 17 Mr-Smilley 8
New Forsyth County Arrests (Mar '14) Sep 17 Kenneth 2
News Pritchard to be paroled (Jun '07) Sep 9 ilovewings 66

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance