blkbeauty

Pflugerville, TX

#125 Dec 19, 2010
Wow!
The Otherside

Cincinnati, OH

#127 Dec 20, 2010
Apple123 wrote:
I'm so tired of ppl making up stories to make qcc look bad. If you're mad at God then that's your deal, dont blame it on the church<quoted text>
Nobody needs to make up stories about QCC to make them look bad.
Been There

Louisville, KY

#128 Dec 20, 2010
I can totally see this. We were basically stalked after coming a few Sundays to check it out. When we stopped coming, we got harassed by a few members who worked at the church as well. I am not a fan of this church AT ALL. Money hungry cult.

Also - I work for social services. You can call and make a report without having to give your name. You just need parental info.
Been There

Louisville, KY

#129 Dec 20, 2010
OH and the guy who stalked us about coming to Quest - he was the biggest hypocrit of anyone I had ever met. He talked about going on a Men's retreat where they walked around saying "Goddamnit" repeatedly because it was just a stigmatized word and meant nothing.

Excuse me!?!?!?!!? Heck of a church! I'll stick to my hell, fire, and brimstone.
Plecy

Henderson, KY

#130 Dec 20, 2010
Sounds like a waste of a perfectly good Sunday sleeping in.
confused

Henderson, KY

#131 Dec 23, 2010
I have been taking my children to the Kidsquest during services & I am very upset they are getting rid of the staff personnel. They knew my kids & my kids love them. I want you staff girls to know that we are by your side & I will be writing a letter of complaint after the holidays.

Best wishes.

Since: Dec 10

Lebanon, KY

#132 Dec 24, 2010
I'll never step foot in this lame church. Everyone I know refers to it as "a cult"... There are actually MANY churches that have programs to get you back on the right track if you've been mixed up in this kinda bs church. And Questapalooza, REALLY? I'm gonna paint Cultapalooza on my car next time around. If you want to go to church, go to a REAL one! Southlamd is a great church!

Since: Dec 10

Lebanon, KY

#133 Dec 24, 2010
Oh... And I forgot to say, tear up a perfectly good place to go play games with a climbing wall for a crappy David Koresh compound.
bigcitymedic

United States

#134 Dec 26, 2010
SATAN wrote:
Sorry, to confuse you. I'm not affiliated with Quest.
Seems to me,some people (you know who you are) simply enjoy the fight,I've realized that from my own posts. Satan,your posts were well thought out and easy to understand (English major?). I knew you meant "us" on topix!
I Will Not Go Back Either

Jasper, IN

#135 Dec 26, 2010
SATAN is a troll who simply gets off on the argument. I've been there and can justify my reasons for leaving, but this guy seems to have a grudge with Christianity as a whole.
SATAN

Mount Washington, KY

#136 Dec 26, 2010
Hahaha!

I have no grudge with Christianity, but if you'd like to think that...

I actually attended Quest for years and really enjoyed it. During my time there I learned a lot about myself and what I believed and didn't.

I personally wouldn't call myself a troll. I just like to read and understand peoples thoughts.
my oh my

Chicago, IL

#137 Dec 29, 2010
CULT in sheeps clothing, I thing they attract the working class peple for there paycheck and trap you with a weave of false social interaction. They make you feel safe so you can't believe they are actually interested in only your money. They don't steal it just make you feel guilty for not giving more. If quest is doing such a great job why aren't the people who need religion the most there. Do show interest or they will never leave you alone.
Kidsquest staff

Dayton, OH

#138 Jan 1, 2011
Tonight there will be no staff for the first time. Wednesday was the last time there was ever staff. Let me know how it works out. I'm honestly curious.
exstaffer

Henderson, KY

#139 Jan 4, 2011
Kidsquest staff wrote:
Tonight there will be no staff for the first time. Wednesday was the last time there was ever staff. Let me know how it works out. I'm honestly curious.
I'm sure it went terribly. You know how it went when we were short a few staff members, imagine how it went with NO staff members!
joeshmo26

Henderson, KY

#140 Jan 4, 2011
Never Quest Again wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yb9DF16Fx8kXX&feature=rel ated
Wow that was hilarious...thanks!!
Hurt By Quest 872

Nicholasville, KY

#141 Jan 5, 2011
quest is the axis of all that is evil in a church. from the slick "part time" preacher to selling of useless goods in the church, quest is a bondified cult. i have lost many life long friends to this church even a wife. this so called slick pimp of a pastor there who actually doesnt preach every sunday if its someone else speaking or he is on his "spiritual renewal retreat", i mean what pastor needs a personal assistant is it not his job to meet the people he preaches too get to know them or is it his job for his assistant to do that as he is in the back counting money and planning his next sweet retreat i mean renewal. my ex wife has been there since the begining of this church and i watched it go from a real good sweet church to this monster of an evil churh where everything has a price and you must pay or give up something or buy a bond for the better of the church. if staff was let go because of finacal reasons why dont slick pete give something up of his if it is the teeth whiting or the tanning or the big house or mortorcycle or one of the three cars or whatever is it not the pastors job to make his church function so people have a place to worship god not slick pete?
Hurt By Quest 872

Nicholasville, KY

#142 Jan 5, 2011
i shouldnt have said all that. dont you know that quest is a cult and like on the movie fight club a questards are everywhere i hope they dont find out who i am and take care of this problem by praying for me violently.
Deceived

Henderson, KY

#143 Jan 5, 2011
Hurt By Quest 872 wrote:
quest is the axis of all that is evil in a church. from the slick "part time" preacher to selling of useless goods in the church, quest is a bondified cult. i have lost many life long friends to this church even a wife. this so called slick pimp of a pastor there who actually doesnt preach every sunday if its someone else speaking or he is on his "spiritual renewal retreat", i mean what pastor needs a personal assistant is it not his job to meet the people he preaches too get to know them or is it his job for his assistant to do that as he is in the back counting money and planning his next sweet retreat i mean renewal. my ex wife has been there since the begining of this church and i watched it go from a real good sweet church to this monster of an evil churh where everything has a price and you must pay or give up something or buy a bond for the better of the church. if staff was let go because of finacal reasons why dont slick pete give something up of his if it is the teeth whiting or the tanning or the big house or mortorcycle or one of the three cars or whatever is it not the pastors job to make his church function so people have a place to worship god not slick pete?
In Pete's Christmas announcement he said Quest was under budget all year, but then at the end he asked for up to $500,000 in donations. Why the hell does a church need half a million dollars in donations if they were UNDER budget for all of 2010? It doesn't make sense. I bet most of that money goes straight into Pete's pocket.
Hurt By Quest 872

Nicholasville, KY

#144 Jan 6, 2011
Deceived wrote:
<quoted text>
In Pete's Christmas announcement he said Quest was under budget all year, but then at the end he asked for up to $500,000 in donations. Why the hell does a church need half a million dollars in donations if they were UNDER budget for all of 2010? It doesn't make sense. I bet most of that money goes straight into Pete's pocket.
Why would a church announce something like that at there christmas service? Because christmas is the second biggest church service all year. I'm sure it doesn't go to slick pete's pocket but i'm sure it goes somewhere that you can never trace seeing how you are dealing with cash donations.
Lexington mom

Dayton, OH

#145 Jan 6, 2011
I too did not understand that letter. They are underbudget, yet need half a million dollars? Many people at this church are drained dry, yet they are shamed into giving more money. Not to mention pressured into giving canned goods and toys when they are low on money and don't have money to buy their kids new toys for Christmas. And all those sweet staff girls were let go of during a time of meeting the budget. And according to these girls they were never given a reason. I'm ashamed.

For the former staff girls who asked I took my kids to one service without staff. They returned sad and grumpy. My oldest was upset and said he had an awful time. We will be utilizing the family care room from here on it. Except possibly for the mat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Polling Worse Than Any US President EVER 7 min Lolz 34
Why do people try to convince me I am crazy? 23 min Lolz 27
Do you suffer from liberal ignorance fatigue ? 23 min A friend called v... 39
Donald trump - making America great again 55 min Mr wonderful 403
********** Life is good in Trumpland! ************ 1 hr Mr wonderful 664
c. Bailey chief where is rain 1 hr Skeeter 3
Kittens 1 hr Skeeter 7

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance