Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

wdr3 wrote:
<quoted text>
what color was the kool aid and did it taste good
The kool-aid was grape, same recipe as BHC, and of course it was delicious!!!
wdr3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

POTSC wrote:
<quoted text>
The kool-aid was grape, same recipe as BHC, and of course it was delicious!!!
sorry at BHC...its red..and sugar free....much more desirable
Senor Kool-Aid

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

wdr3 wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry at BHC...its red..and sugar free....much more desirable
I hate to break this to you, but BHC is holding out on you...BIG TIME !!! The red is not the best, and it being sugar-free can only mean that they are only giving out the really cheap crap and not the good stuff. I should know, I make it.

I would suggest you take this vital information, and note it is coming directly from the ultimate authority on Kool-Aid; and demand that they start serving you the very best. That would be grape with sugar added. That way you can control the sugar content and not some godless corporation. That would be me!

You are after all a child of God and as sure you should get only the very best of every thing...RIGHT?!?!?!
wdr3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

yes correct i am a child of God, what kind of best should BHC be serving me?...What am i missing?
wdr3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Senor Kool-Aid wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break this to you, but BHC is holding out on you...BIG TIME !!! The red is not the best, and it being sugar-free can only mean that they are only giving out the really cheap crap and not the good stuff. I should know, I make it.
I would suggest you take this vital information, and note it is coming directly from the ultimate authority on Kool-Aid; and demand that they start serving you the very best. That would be grape with sugar added. That way you can control the sugar content and not some godless corporation. That would be me!
You are after all a child of God and as sure you should get only the very best of every thing...RIGHT?!?!?!
yes you are correct I am a Child of God. What should i be getting from BHC that I am not?
Bart

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

I don't get this. Who is BHC and if you two know each other which you apparently do, why the code names?
Senor Kool-Aid

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Bart wrote:
I don't get this. Who is BHC and if you two know each other which you apparently do, why the code names?
BHC is Bethel Harvest Church and we do not know each other. At least I doubt if we have ever met.

BHC is easier to type the Bethel Harvest Church, and wdr3 has posted on here about attending Bethel. So that is why the TLA of BHC.

From what i gather about BHC, they are a 'name it claim it' prosperity church, that has bent toward wealth an comfort in this life. The old "I am a child of God and therefore I deserve the best of everything. Notice the heavy emphasis on the word " I ".

It is a uniquely USA/Western theological view of Christianity and entitlement and one that I am sure is not shared by Jesus. Apparently Jesus had a thing for the poor.
wdr3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Senor Kool-Aid wrote:
<quoted text>
BHC is Bethel Harvest Church and we do not know each other. At least I doubt if we have ever met.
BHC is easier to type the Bethel Harvest Church, and wdr3 has posted on here about attending Bethel. So that is why the TLA of BHC.
From what i gather about BHC, they are a 'name it claim it' prosperity church, that has bent toward wealth an comfort in this life. The old "I am a child of God and therefore I deserve the best of everything. Notice the heavy emphasis on the word " I ".
It is a uniquely USA/Western theological view of Christianity and entitlement and one that I am sure is not shared by Jesus. Apparently Jesus had a thing for the poor.
Mr Kool Aid,
BHC is not a preaching prosperity church...name it claim it....we are a church that believes what the Bible says....God has put promises in the scripture for His followers. Jesus dying on the cross and his blood shed was a seal on the promises...

Now you can see and read what you want and say what you want...but we only live by what the scriptures says.....

Yes Jesus was partial to the poor...but also the rich...
SATAN

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

You're an idiot!! A big one at that.
wdr3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

SATAN wrote:
You're an idiot!! A big one at that.
LOLOL
Everyone is a idiot....baseball, computers, parenting, eating....just pick what you want...we are all idiots about something....it seems i picked the best thing for me to be an idiot over....
SATAN

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

What I mean is... You critics of Quest, Mars Hill, Willow Creek, Southland, BHC etc. are help the enemies cause! Hell he practically vollied the thing and now we're ripping the church down for him.

I'm not saying I'm clean of any wrong doing. Let's just say my eyes have been opened... We should all be ashamed of our selves.

Since: Sep 10

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

SATAN wrote:
What I mean is... You critics of Quest, Mars Hill, Willow Creek, Southland, BHC etc. are help the enemies cause! Hell he practically vollied the thing and now we're ripping the church down for him.
I'm not saying I'm clean of any wrong doing. Let's just say my eyes have been opened... We should all be ashamed of our selves.
with that statement...YOU ARE CORRECT...i am a little ashamed that i allowed my self to be suckered into Q..and all the entrapments....
Silence_Really

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

SATAN wrote:
So let me make sure I understand. If you experience an abuse of power, or know of a danger, then for the sake of unity you should keep your mouth shut?

I do see that some come on Topix to vent and they are abusive in their comments as well. I can agree that is wrong. We also have the human tendency to nit pick over theology as well. That is unfortunate as well.

Some of us have indeed taken concerns to Quest staff, and that falls on deaf ears, and you are pushed aside. The only recourse is to try and live in their system, or leave. I left!!!

Unfortunately, this and other social media outlets do seem to get attention from QCC. As for the other churches mentioned, I have no issues.
SATAN

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Take the time to meditate Galatians. I think after talking with QCC leadership you should have talked with FAC leadership or gone to legal (if appropriate).

As much as I hate QCC I find it hard to believe that it was so grevious that FAC nor legal needed involvement.
DEMON HUNTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

SATAN wrote:
Take the time to meditate Galatians. I think after talking with QCC leadership you should have talked with FAC leadership or gone to legal (if appropriate).
As much as I hate QCC I find it hard to believe that it was so grevious that FAC nor legal needed involvement.
Sorry, I find it hard to take anyone seriously who posts under the name "SATAN". Telling people to read certain scriptures seems hypocritical when you're doing the devil's work. Quest blows just as much as Mars Hill, Southland, Embrance, and BHC does, but you people who have nothing better to do than come on Topix and whine about it constantly (for 2 years now) are even worse. Let the blind lead the blind. Follow Jesus and be the light in the darkness.
Silence_Really

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

SATAN wrote:
Not sure why I would have talked with First Alliance, Pete broke with them, and from what I gather, it was not as friendly and amiable as I was lead to believe. FAC leadership holds no sway with QCC staff. Additionally, CMA seems to believe QCC is doing a fine job.

As for the issues surrounding the original post on this specific Topix. Had I even heard or suspected child abuse, there would be no going to QCC staff, it would be straight to the authorities. To approach QCC Staff or anyone in charge of a situation that might be abusive, only gives them time to cover things up. Just ask Penn State Univ.

My issues w/ QCC staff revolved more around that fact that input was not welcomed, that they believe that Pete is to be trusted completely, and the control they believe is their God given right to have over a persons life. In a nutshell, abuse of their leadership position at QCC.

As for tearing down, I guess I err on the side of warning, and opposed to unity at any cost.
Drago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

A if you say this is true, why dnt u do smething abt it, unless u lying. U wouldve went to the police or call anoy. .so stop lying.
Passion

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

If your focus is where it should be then you would all realize how God wants you to just care about your relationship with him and not everyone else's. If your relationship with God stinks, so will your relationship with everyone else! If you have time to point fingers then something must be amiss with your own life somewhere. We all have flaws, we all need forgiveness. Find it where you can and keep your peace between you and God!
Messenger

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

He is coming soon. Are you ready?

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Passion wrote:
If your focus is where it should be then you would all realize how God wants you to just care about your relationship with him and not everyone else's. If your relationship with God stinks, so will your relationship with everyone else! If you have time to point fingers then something must be amiss with your own life somewhere. We all have flaws, we all need forgiveness. Find it where you can and keep your peace between you and God!
Well said,most intelligent post i have read concerning this subject. Now if everyone can follow that premise America might be ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Lexington Forum right now

Search the Lexington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min The Apostle 147,373
Looking for an Experienced Stylist to do a Stra... 29 min hmm 3
bryan at shell on nichols park by the mall 31 min hnng 1
Robert Harris (Dec '12) 36 min Jack 30
backpage deals 54 min baller 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 59 min El Hijo de curiosidad 129,058
Sugar mamma for a UK student 2 hr Tyler 1
•••
•••
•••
Lexington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••