Since: Sep 10

Georgetown, OH

#266 Apr 11, 2011
well...people...i can tell you by experience..there is worse churches...than Quest......Look up GRACE FELLOWSHIP on topix
SlimJim

Lexington, KY

#267 Apr 11, 2011
Hmmm, seems to suggest that since there is something they consider "worse" that we should forget about the original subject.

well...people...i can tell you by experience..there is worse enemies...than the Taliban......Look up NAZI GERMANY.

Doesn't mean Taliban is not bad, just that in opinion NAZI GERMANY was worse.
WDR3 wrote:
well...people...i can tell you by experience..there is worse churches...than Quest......Look up GRACE FELLOWSHIP on topix
The Captain

Frankfort, KY

#268 Apr 13, 2011
OSHA wrote:
If you are this concerned you have a legal obligation to contact KY Labor department. If you do not you can be held just as culpable as Quest. If You have a fear of retaliation review the Fed and State Whistle Blower laws. Trust me this law will protect you or make you millions at Quest expense.
I'm sorry, but you are sadly mistaken about legal obligation to report abuse. That applies only to public servants (police, teachers, government workers, etc). The average citizen is 100% unobligated to report any crime whatsoever.

Sorry about your luck, OSHA. You were correct on the whistleblower laws, however. So, not a total loss.
The Captain

Frankfort, KY

#269 Apr 13, 2011
WDR3 wrote:
If Pete left..i am sure the Church would survive....Helen would be a great LEAD PASTOR...
God doesn't want women to speak in Church. You're crazy.

Apostle Paul told us that in the New Testament. Men are to handle the business of the Church. You really aren't up on your Bible, are you?
Hurt By Quest

Nicholasville, KY

#270 Apr 15, 2011
It's another spring and easter is almost here. That means only one thing for questards, let's get ready to get new kool aid drinkers and take their money. If anyone is looking for a church to go to for easter don't go to quest you will regreat it. I know you only go twice a year but why live lie and even goto church on that day. Stay true to yourself if you don't go defenaintly don't go on easter, just cause you got some kind of guilt thing going or something. Easter is the day that churches get ready for us non church goers to come so they can bank on us to get our money. I know everyone is gonna say no that is not true, but unfortainly it is. They are treating us as furture envestments with they hey we sure would love for you to come back next week you dont have to give if you are a visiter because when you come back i will get you. Come people wake up lets remember what easter is all about, looking for eggs and eating ham for dinner with people you don't really like. I put out a challenge to the people who go twice a year to church let's stay home enjoy our sunday like we always do with rest and relaxation. Let's be god like and rest on sunday and not bug big guns upstairs.
KLS

Lexington, KY

#271 Apr 15, 2011
The Captain wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but you are sadly mistaken about legal obligation to report abuse. That applies only to public servants (police, teachers, government workers, etc). The average citizen is 100% unobligated to report any crime whatsoever.
Sorry about your luck, OSHA. You were correct on the whistleblower laws, however. So, not a total loss.
Obligated by law or not, one must follow his/her heart. What monster would not report abuse?
Crackpot

Lexington, KY

#272 Apr 15, 2011
The Captain wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't want women to speak in Church. You're crazy.
Apostle Paul told us that in the New Testament. Men are to handle the business of the Church. You really aren't up on your Bible, are you?
It's people like you that keep me away from organized religion. So, women just aren't smart or good enough to speak in church or what? Or is this just because Paulie said so? Get with the times, El Capitan.
Crackpot

Lexington, KY

#273 Apr 15, 2011
KLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Obligated by law or not, one must follow his/her heart. What monster would not report abuse?
Apparently the Captain would not report abuse, since there is no obligation to do so. And women should not speak in church. My guess is he is a pedophile.
durpy

Nicholasville, KY

#274 Apr 21, 2011
its horrible what this place has done to people. lets burn this mother fat butch building down im tired of lookin at it!!!
&fe ature=related
SATAN

Evansville, IN

#275 Apr 21, 2011
Dude,

That statement is way uncool. Video good, statement bad. If I were you I'd hit speed dial for my lawyers numbers (not lawyer's).

There's a great app out there that lists Lexington police/law codes. I'm thinking you just landed on terroristic threatening.
durpy wrote:
its horrible what this place has done to people. lets burn this mother fat butch building down im tired of lookin at it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yb9DF16Fx8kXX&feature=rel ated
Check yourself

Lexington, KY

#276 May 1, 2011
Quest Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
How hold is he/she if you don't mind me asking? The Pre-K, K and 3-6 rooms have many volunteers. It is the smaller age groups that are understaffed.
Your first post mentioned an 8:1 infant to staff ratio. You also complained later of volunteers complaining about poopy diapers. You are contradicting yourself. It's clear that you are someone who is unhappy with Quest for some reason but you are not being honest.
SATANFRIEND

Evansville, IN

#277 May 1, 2011
Check yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first post mentioned an 8:1 infant to staff ratio. You also complained later of volunteers complaining about poopy diapers. You are contradicting yourself. It's clear that you are someone who is unhappy with Quest for some reason but you are not being honest.
please explain the contradiction. Not following your logic.
Myself

Georgetown, OH

#278 May 7, 2011
Check yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read. They complained of understaffed rooms for The young children and only mentioned problems for the younger kids. The pre-k (ages 3-5), k-2 (ages 5-8), and 3-6 (ages 8-12) are fine.
mmmmm

Lexington, KY

#280 May 18, 2011
hello i luv quest so much i let them rape me over and over

Since: Sep 10

Georgetown, OH

#281 May 18, 2011
i sent an email to Dave Klinsing District Superintendent for Quest Church, asking him questions about all the above. If you are interested you can email me at wdr3@aol.com

Bud

Lexington, KY

#283 Jul 3, 2011
Been going to Quest for several months; it's not a cult. A cult by definition is a religious order that focuses on a human being rather than a traditionally regarded deity, and usually claims to be Christian, but ousts Christ in favor of a mortal.

Quest ministers preach about Christ, and they preach from Christian scripture. Are they perfect? No, but who is? Do they always utilize proper context? No, but it's not intentional when it happens. Are those in attendance brain-washed, mindless, and the thralls of the lead pastor? I've seen no evidence of it.

All the complaints/charges/accusations I've read here are nothing more than comments made from negative perspectives. You can view Quest like that if you want to, but my own personal opinion is that the leadership of the church and the purpose of the church is valid and in line with Christian thought. If it's not your thing, you're not obligated to go.

As for claims about financial records being requested, etc., I've not seen any evidence of that, but it would tick me off, too, if it happened.

And as for Pete -- I've seen him interact with folks plenty of times; I pastored small churches for over 14 years, so I know he can't greet everyone that attends any more than I could everyone in the small churches I served. That's wishful thinking to expect him to be omnipresent.

When Pete preaches, I sense the anointing and the presence of the Holy Spirit. I've not joined the church, don't plan to because of ties to another unrelated denomination, but my family and I enjoy attending, and will be going until we feel led to go elsewhere. Don't think that will be anytime soon, though.

Bottom line: Quest is NOT a cult. Check out their worship services on-line and see for yourself.
How about now?

United States

#284 Jul 3, 2011
Bud wrote:
Been going to Quest for several months; it's not a cult. A cult by definition is a religious order that focuses on a human being rather than a traditionally regarded deity, and usually claims to be Christian, but ousts Christ in favor of a mortal.

Quest ministers preach about Christ, and they preach from Christian scripture. Are they perfect? No, but who is? Do they always utilize proper context? No, but it's not intentional when it happens. Are those in attendance brain-washed, mindless, and the thralls of the lead pastor? I've seen no evidence of it.

All the complaints/charges/accusations I've read here are nothing more than comments made from negative perspectives. You can view Quest like that if you want to, but my own personal opinion is that the leadership of the church and the purpose of the church is valid and in line with Christian thought. If it's not your thing, you're not obligated to go.

As for claims about financial records being requested, etc., I've not seen any evidence of that, but it would tick me off, too, if it happened.

And as for Pete -- I've seen him interact with folks plenty of times; I pastored small churches for over 14 years, so I know he can't greet everyone that attends any more than I could everyone in the small churches I served. That's wishful thinking to expect him to be omnipresent.

When Pete preaches, I sense the anointing and the presence of the Holy Spirit. I've not joined the church, don't plan to because of ties to another unrelated denomination, but my family and I enjoy attending, and will be going until we feel led to go elsewhere. Don't think that will be anytime soon, though.

Bottom line: Quest is NOT a cult. Check out their worship services on-line and see for yourself.
When was the last time you had a church leader tell you you should empty out your 401k and kids college fund so the church can build a new addition?
wdr3

Georgetown, OH

#285 Jul 3, 2011
Quest Employee wrote:
WDR... I think I might know who you are and who your grandchildren are. If I'm correct, the older two are not the ones who are in danger of being neglected, it's the littlest one, ESPECIALLY if you attend Sunday services where a young girl on the Autism spectrum handles the one-year-old room along with a new, untrained staff-member and clueless volunteer.
well she is 4...and there are no grandchildren..so u dont no whom i am.....NOW in her class she has always been highly supervised I can not say the same.

I do know...that is there is any suggestion of lack of supervision, abuse or any wrong doing, ALL one has to do is call 911 or CPS..and they will have a surprised inspection......

so instead of complaining...do something about it...if not...just shut up and be quiet
wdr3

Georgetown, OH

#286 Jul 3, 2011
Bud wrote:
Mr Bud....ur statement says you only been goign for a few months ....BUT BUT BUT whenyou have been there long enuf you will see what we are talking about....when you have to spend money to volunteer, you will see, when you see all the lavish gifts bestowed up on the staff you will see, when you have been there long enuf you will start to see things that have been mention above. YOu stated you have pastored churches in the past....compare the church u pastore to what and how Quest is operated...and you will see and taste the different flavor of kool aide that is offereed each week to the member...

come back to this arena in 3 years and let us know how things are going for you at quest.
Butch

Elgin, TX

#287 Jul 3, 2011
Myself wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read. They complained of understaffed rooms for The young children and only mentioned problems for the younger kids. The pre-k (ages 3-5), k-2 (ages 5-8), and 3-6 (ages 8-12) are fine.
Totally agree with you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie Pacheco? 9 min MsGreen 2
Tired of overzealous police... 57 min Ellie Mae 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike duckit 137,746
Gary Ginn coroner 2 hr garden of eden 16
Winchester Bars 3 hr Whereisit 1
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 6 hr bbwlover 6,200
Hells Angels in Lexington (Jan '12) 6 hr Long time 81 Supp... 104
More from around the web

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]