Quest Community Church is Evil

Quest Community Church is Evil

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 23, 2010
I am an employee of Quest and have been for over a year now. I do not agree with anything this "church" does in the name of Jesus Christ. First of all, I am an employee and we are treated illegally with no breaks, sometimes we don't even get the money we've earned, but have to badger our boss for our checks. We are not allowed to contact authorities if we suspect abuse of a child, we are just told to "pray" for them.(This has happened to me personally). I'm an employee, and have no idea what happens behind closed doors. This church does not worship God, they worship Pete Hise who struts around with body gaurds. His children abuse the kid care staff and other children, and nothing is done about it. Kids are left in kid-care sometimes until midnight on school nights with no dinner and a cranky, hungry staff who have also not had a break or food. We are also illegally understaffed. There are over 8 infants to 1 teenage staff member at a time. What part of that is safe? I plan to leave this church after my next check, and I encourage someone in law enforcement to shut their kidcare down. It is wrong. This church is a foster home for abused children that are neglected by their parents so they can serve the holy Pete Hise.

End of story.
OSHA

Evansville, IN

#2 Nov 23, 2010
If you are this concerned you have a legal obligation to contact KY Labor department. If you do not you can be held just as culpable as Quest. If You have a fear of retaliation review the Fed and State Whistle Blower laws. Trust me this law will protect you or make you millions at Quest expense.
Indifferent

Lexington, KY

#3 Nov 23, 2010
Whomever this is can't contact authorities as they aren't being honest. When every other attack they have made on Quest has failed they try this new way to take people away from this church and their walk with Christ. I know this is not true. People have 30 sometime on special occasions 45 mins to pick up their kids before they are looked for by staff to get the kid safely home. I can't speak on Pete's kids as I don't know them that well but they seem well behaved when in service and playing after wards.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 23, 2010
...Wow...I have no idea what to say about this. I have my disagreements and reservations with the way QCC does things, but I had no idea it was this bad.
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#5 Nov 23, 2010
Indifferent wrote:
Whomever this is can't contact authorities as they aren't being honest. When every other attack they have made on Quest has failed they try this new way to take people away from this church and their walk with Christ. I know this is not true. People have 30 sometime on special occasions 45 mins to pick up their kids before they are looked for by staff to get the kid safely home. I can't speak on Pete's kids as I don't know them that well but they seem well behaved when in service and playing after wards.
Actually, I am being very honest. Brutally honest. There are a few families I know of in particular that neglect their children and take illegal drugs. I am a Christian, and QCC is not a Christian church. They don not worship God. They worship Pete Hise. They believe him to be a prophet, as he takes their money, asking them to sell their homes and cars and give the difference to Quest. His kids are extremely rude and boss people around, especially the Kidcare staff. I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth. If you don't work there, you have no idea how bad it is. "Visitors" are greeted with open arms.
Thread Assassin

Florence, KY

#6 Nov 23, 2010
Gee Golly Wow! Who knew a church trying to sell itself like a self-help product and run itself like a fortune 500 company could have some bugs loose on the inside? I'm shocked! ;-)
Derp

Florence, KY

#7 Nov 24, 2010
Waffles!
The Otherside

Amelia, OH

#8 Nov 24, 2010
I spent time working in the kids area as a volunteer... I definitely believe this could be true. They don't want to turn any kids from kidcare because it will mean the parents can't go to service. They are often short volunteers. I have seen many kids at quest way too late, their parents feel that their children will look back and see that they were doing it for Jesus. Bull Shit, I say. Contact the Labor Department and social services, I am sure you can make an anonymous report.
OSHA

Evansville, IN

#9 Nov 24, 2010
Actually your report has to be validated so no luck on the anonymous thing. But keep in mind that the lawyers that handle Whistle blower cases are good and they will make sure you idenity was protected during the investigation, if they find any evidence of retaliation they will make sure pays for it (i.e., payment to you). Good luck and make sure you do the right thing.
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#11 Nov 24, 2010
The Otherside wrote:
I spent time working in the kids area as a volunteer... I definitely believe this could be true. They don't want to turn any kids from kidcare because it will mean the parents can't go to service. They are often short volunteers. I have seen many kids at quest way too late, their parents feel that their children will look back and see that they were doing it for Jesus. Bull Shit, I say. Contact the Labor Department and social services, I am sure you can make an anonymous report.
Volunteers are treated like royalty compared to the staff, and the majority of them don't do anything to help (like change diapers or soothe a crying child). Instead most of them boss the staff around and complain about the smell of poopy diapers! Not to mention, some of them are in their 80's and incapable of actually caring for a child unless the child only wants to sit in her lap, and some are under 15! Can you say illegal?
WDR

Lexington, KY

#12 Nov 24, 2010
interesting

my grandchild has been in child care there....or KIDSQUEST...now i am a very picky grandparent...at no time have i seen anything out of order...ever time i have picked her up...there has been PLENTY of volunteers....if i had suspected of anything wrong i would get very LOUD until something was done and taken care of.....
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#13 Nov 24, 2010
WDR wrote:
interesting
my grandchild has been in child care there....or KIDSQUEST...now i am a very picky grandparent...at no time have i seen anything out of order...ever time i have picked her up...there has been PLENTY of volunteers....if i had suspected of anything wrong i would get very LOUD until something was done and taken care of.....
How hold is he/she if you don't mind me asking? The Pre-K, K and 3-6 rooms have many volunteers. It is the smaller age groups that are understaffed.
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#14 Nov 24, 2010
WDR... I think I might know who you are and who your grandchildren are. If I'm correct, the older two are not the ones who are in danger of being neglected, it's the littlest one, ESPECIALLY if you attend Sunday services where a young girl on the Autism spectrum handles the one-year-old room along with a new, untrained staff-member and clueless volunteer.
SMC

Georgetown, OH

#15 Nov 24, 2010
I can see this. Some of the points you make anyway. Those girls look so overworked sometimes. Half of the time when I came to get my kids those girls would come to the door all sweaty and act like they couldn't get my kids back to me fast enough. Probably because they'd been working their tails off. Something else that rubbed me the wrong way was that I repeatedly saw the same couple girls working there Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Obviously those girls don't attend quest. For a church that prides itself on reaching people and bringing them to Jesus they sure like to leave out the young girls they have watching quest kids. If those girls don't go to quest where did they even find those girls? I brought these questions to some other parents and no one seemed concerned, may of them didn't even know the names of the girls they left their children with. As long as the parents get to go see Pete hise! My children always had a lovely time and never had a complaint about kidsquest and I have no doubt those girls love kids and do a great job at what they do. But the kidsquest still seems a bit off.
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#16 Nov 24, 2010
SMC wrote:
I can see this. Some of the points you make anyway. Those girls look so overworked sometimes. Half of the time when I came to get my kids those girls would come to the door all sweaty and act like they couldn't get my kids back to me fast enough. Probably because they'd been working their tails off. Something else that rubbed me the wrong way was that I repeatedly saw the same couple girls working there Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Obviously those girls don't attend quest. For a church that prides itself on reaching people and bringing them to Jesus they sure like to leave out the young girls they have watching quest kids. If those girls don't go to quest where did they even find those girls? I brought these questions to some other parents and no one seemed concerned, may of them didn't even know the names of the girls they left their children with. As long as the parents get to go see Pete hise! My children always had a lovely time and never had a complaint about kidsquest and I have no doubt those girls love kids and do a great job at what they do. But the kidsquest still seems a bit off.
There are ads all over the University of Kentucky campus looking for people to work at Quest. There is no background check or drug test. If you "attend" Quest, you make more money & get to be in charge, but it's impossible to attend if you're trying to work a lot of shifts to earn money in the first place. It's all a scam.
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#17 Nov 24, 2010
Oh, and you are encouraged to bring your "friends" as well, and they will be paid in cash. Most likely, our bosses don't even know their names. This is who you're trusting your children with... strangers looking for some fast cash.
SMC

Georgetown, OH

#18 Nov 24, 2010
Quest Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
There are ads all over the University of Kentucky campus looking for people to work at Quest. There is no background check or drug test. If you "attend" Quest, you make more money & get to be in charge, but it's impossible to attend if you're trying to work a lot of shifts to earn money in the first place. It's all a scam.
that does not seem safe. I don't care that they are getting girls from UK. I'm sure they can take care of kids for a couple hours. But no background or drug tests? They could be hiring addicts and felons then. Is there a trial process or anything like that? How do these girls get hired?
Quest Employee

Lexington, KY

#19 Nov 24, 2010
SMC wrote:
<quoted text>
that does not seem safe. I don't care that they are getting girls from UK. I'm sure they can take care of kids for a couple hours. But no background or drug tests? They could be hiring addicts and felons then. Is there a trial process or anything like that? How do these girls get hired?
They have a five minute interview, and they fill out the application Quest has to legally administer.
SMC

Georgetown, OH

#20 Nov 24, 2010
Well atleast if there's an interview and an application they are being selective. Even if they don't drug or background test.
SATAN

Evansville, IN

#21 Nov 25, 2010
Are the UK students hot!? If so count me in, especially if their looking to make some fast money ;). Quest is sounding more and more like my kind of place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
come find me 13 min cheese 2
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 49 min Princess Hey 6,443
NEED AN AGGRESSIVE FAMILY/CUSTODY LAWYER plz (Jun '12) 1 hr sloneasome 82
Lexington Mas$age for females 1 hr massager 7
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 2 hr yellow brick road 6,703
Have you been SCAMED by STEVE HALL, Referation ... (Aug '15) 2 hr xtasy4u 47
pu$say "pacheco" 2 hr little 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages