unions killed the twinkies

unions killed the twinkies

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SATAN

Batavia, OH

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Time for the geedy Unions to go!!!!!
dumbasses

Princeton, IN

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Go on strike. Lose work. Keep striking until the company you work for says it's not worth fighting and closes up. So, how does it feel now, union scum, having NO job? Was it worth striking for more money now? Dumbasses. Unions are antiquated. Only Obama and his buddies like them.
The Facts

Lebanon, KY

#3 Nov 17, 2012
I agree Unions have been a downfall for america for yrs , they are in a decline and one day you will see no more unions.
Now 18,500 have lost there jobs .
Will the unions be paying their wages , will they be paying their bills for them.
Will they be there if they lose there homes

No No No , but the big boss's on top will stay in there million dollar homes and live high on the hog while workers suffer.
Do you think they really care for the workers no I do not think so .
my opinion

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2012
They were going out anyway it was just a matter of time. They will be back under a different name and they will be non-union
Pancakes

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Unions aren't the problem.
It's called g-r-e-e-d
Big Daddy

Richmond, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2012
SATAN wrote:
Time for the geedy Unions to go!!!!!
Dumbass!
Killer

Louisville, KY

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Unions helped bring down the USA
The Plain Truth

Henderson, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
How many damn threads are people going to start on this subject in Lexington?
do you

Campton, KY

#10 Nov 17, 2012
Do you enjoy all the perks you have at work? Such as time and half overtime? 40 hour work week? Do you appreciate having safe working conditions? How about your children? Are you glad they don't have to work all those hours as adults do?
If so thank a Union for that. If it wasn't for the unions trying to protect the workers you wouldn't have these perks. THey are the reason we have fair labor boards, OSHA and other organizations whose job it is to look after the worker. But guess what like any government organization it isn't doing its job, so we still need those unions.
What closed Hostess is greed on the part of the owners and inadept CEO's and government regulations.
Chips

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Nov 18, 2012
do you wrote:
Do you enjoy all the perks you have at work? Such as time and half overtime? 40 hour work week? Do you appreciate having safe working conditions? How about your children? Are you glad they don't have to work all those hours as adults do?
If so thank a Union for that. If it wasn't for the unions trying to protect the workers you wouldn't have these perks. THey are the reason we have fair labor boards, OSHA and other organizations whose job it is to look after the worker. But guess what like any government organization it isn't doing its job, so we still need those unions.
What closed Hostess is greed on the part of the owners and inadept CEO's and government regulations.
Unions had a purpose Many years ago. Yes, they were needed and they helped. Now they are one more thing that has outlived their usefulness. There are so many people looking for jobs these days that if the unions go on strike there is always people who are willing to replace them and for less money. If the unions want to stay in business then they need to learn the meaning of compromise
TRANS FATTY

Henderson, KY

#13 Nov 18, 2012
who gives a dam?????????? we can lost wait & be healthy NOW!!!!!!!!!
The Facts

Lebanon, KY

#14 Nov 18, 2012
Chips wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions had a purpose Many years ago. Yes, they were needed and they helped. Now they are one more thing that has outlived their usefulness. There are so many people looking for jobs these days that if the unions go on strike there is always people who are willing to replace them and for less money. If the unions want to stay in business then they need to learn the meaning of compromise
That would be like trying to get the Dem & Rep in congress to compromise LOL
America is so going down hill , like a snow ball rolling to hell.
It's sad the way we are all going anymore .
The Plain Truth

Henderson, KY

#15 Nov 18, 2012
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be like trying to get the Dem & Rep in congress to compromise LOL
America is so going down hill , like a snow ball rolling to hell.
It's sad the way we are all going anymore .
And nobody seems to care all while the standard of living in China is increasing. It wouldn't surprise me if a Chinese company buys rights to the brand.
whaaaaa

United States

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Chips wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions had a purpose Many years ago. Yes, they were needed and they helped. Now they are one more thing that has outlived their usefulness. There are so many people looking for jobs these days that if the unions go on strike there is always people who are willing to replace them and for less money. If the unions want to stay in business then they need to learn the meaning of compromise
If unions go, the employers that don't really care if they are fair to their employees will be back at it again! Watch and see. There are too many that are greedy enough to go back to what brought them in anyway.
I'm not saying they're always the answer, but they have served a purpose and are still necessary to prevent things from being like they were in the past. A good example would be the way the coal miners were treated.
Cowboy

Jasper, IN

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Ask those 18000 plus Hostess workers who lost their jobs how they feel about their union today.
Gibbs

Louisville, KY

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Corporate greed and mismanagement killed Hostess. The union had already give in to them several years ago and the they wasted that oppurtunity to turn it around to line their own pockets.
bi guy

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Heres the deal give me a box of twinkies and I will give you a BJ
little debbie

Henderson, KY

#21 Nov 20, 2012
i thwarted hostess
bi guy

Lebanon, KY

#22 Nov 21, 2012
little debbie wrote:
i thwarted hostess
OMG you did wow

I twinkie twink
truth

Clay City, KY

#23 Dec 4, 2012
unions are corrupt,the bosses make a killing on members dues.they are in bed with organized crime and filthy politicians.political tool now.thats all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 35 min hewit 6,786
lil candy (Jun '15) 50 min old friend 12
Please do not vote for a racist 54 min rebel soldier 89
Transfers from Kentucky Basketball 1 hr Wow 3
Is gordmans Hamburg closing 1 hr HMC 2
Voting for Preachers 1 hr Voter 1
Anyone know this chicks name??? ( pics, NSFW) 1 hr Upervu 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages