Best and worst areas to live in Lex?

Best and worst areas to live in Lex?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Relocating

South Fulton, TN

#1 Sep 7, 2011
I am looking to relocate to Lexington in the next few months and would appreciate help with knowing what areas to avoid and what are the best areas to live in, especially since I have a young child.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Tibalt

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 7, 2011
Like most metropolitan areas, Lexington is economically segregated. The higher income occupied neighborhoods are safer and quieter, while the lower income occupied areas are more shady. The question is, what can you afford? Chances are, if you're priced out of the market when it comes to the "nicer areas", you may find yourself living in a high crime area. So, I could suggest that if you want a nice area to buy a home in Ashland Park, but if you don't have a million dollars or more to spend, my suggestion would be meaningless.
colony

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Sep 7, 2011
Tibalt wrote:
Like most metropolitan areas, Lexington is economically segregated. The higher income occupied neighborhoods are safer and quieter, while the lower income occupied areas are more shady. The question is, what can you afford? Chances are, if you're priced out of the market when it comes to the "nicer areas", you may find yourself living in a high crime area. So, I could suggest that if you want a nice area to buy a home in Ashland Park, but if you don't have a million dollars or more to spend, my suggestion would be meaningless.
Love Ashland Park. Any street off Chinoe, between Alumni and Richmond Road.
Tibalt

Lexington, KY

#4 Sep 7, 2011
colony wrote:
<quoted text>
Love Ashland Park. Any street off Chinoe, between Alumni and Richmond Road.
Agree. I grew up in Castlegate, off of Chinoe.
whatever

Lexington, KY

#5 Sep 7, 2011
southland dr area. clays mill elementary school district. pretty much it is mayberry. trees and parks. shopping and community events. bike friendly. reasonably priced. inside new circle road.

Since: Jan 11

Tomball, TX

#6 Sep 7, 2011
Garden Springs area is fairly inexpensive and, for now, a pretty safe place.
bob

Tomball, TX

#7 Sep 7, 2011
Southland dr area is a dump. Full of old run down or going out of biz shops and places. And houses in the area are old as crap. The kind that still have old yellow or green 1970 appliances in them.
Seriously

Franklin, OH

#8 Sep 7, 2011
Rabbit Run area
uknow

Lexington, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2011
east-end. little young kids walking around like grown ups, pull up ur damn pants.
info

Lexington, KY

#10 Nov 7, 2011
Relocating wrote:
I am looking to relocate to Lexington in the next few months and would appreciate help with knowing what areas to avoid and what are the best areas to live in, especially since I have a young child.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Most of the high crime areas seem to be on the north side of town. North of Richmond Road and Norht of Harrodsburg Rd. I would avoid anything on the north side. Try and stay between Richmond Rd. and Harrodsburg Rd.

Also, avoid around Centre Parkway(bunch of projects and section 8) area (near Tates Creek, Tates Creek High?middle), Woodhill area ( off Richmond Rd.), area east of main street (Martin Lurther King, Rose St. and around Transy college.(Hood and has lots of crime).

See Lexingotn Fayette County Sheriff website has a crime map that you can search by address to see # of police calls to that area.

Post name of areas you are looking and I will give you my opinion.

Also, note Lexington traffic can be rough. Nicholasville and Tates Creek are really crowded and slow during rush hour. I live 3.5 miles frm UK and it takes me 30 to 45 minutes to get to work.
Sleepy girl

Fairborn, OH

#11 Nov 27, 2011
Try veterans park area... Big trees, lfeel safe leaving my doors unlocked, nice park, reasonable housing prices, and clean, good elementary school
Davelex

United States

#12 Nov 27, 2011
We live in Beaumont, very nice, moderate priced homes between 425K-750k, prices go up if you go into the reserve area. No crime, cops patrol all the time.
bill

United States

#13 Nov 27, 2011
Davelex wrote:
We live in Beaumont, very nice, moderate priced homes between 425K-750k, prices go up if you go into the reserve area. No crime, cops patrol all the time.
that's not moderate priced you idiot. That's rich! Moderate decent prices are less than 200,000. I don't see how people afford all that. Only doctors or lawyers

Since: Jan 11

United States

#14 Nov 27, 2011
Davelex wrote:
We live in Beaumont
False.
Davelex

United States

#15 Nov 27, 2011
idiot? What I wouldnt give to be able to come through this screen, guarantee u wouldnt call me an idiot to my face. Nice to know how poor you are, I have rental houses in $200,000 range. What did you do, sleep through school? Quit? Dont blame me or anyone else because you dont have a pot to piss in...
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not moderate priced you idiot. That's rich! Moderate decent prices are less than 200,000. I don't see how people afford all that. Only doctors or lawyers
Davelex

United States

#16 Nov 27, 2011
uh...whats false?
VoiceOfReason75 wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
bill

United States

#17 Nov 27, 2011
Davelex wrote:
<quoted text>idiot? What I wouldnt give to be able to come through this screen, guarantee u wouldnt call me an idiot to my face. Nice to know how poor you are, I have rental houses in $200,000 range. What did you do, sleep through school? Quit? Dont blame me or anyone else because you dont have a pot to piss in...
listen u stuck up sucker...I have plenty. I have a job, a place, and a car and I pay all my bills. Good job too but still can't afford a freakin $1000 or more house payment! Anyone who can is definitely above middle class. I'm not poor. Just average

Since: Jan 11

Henderson, KY

#18 Nov 27, 2011
Davelex wrote:
<quoted text>uh...whats false?
every bit of it. Those are not moderate prices, and you do not live there, unless it's in the apartments or the little houses next to the school.
Davelex

Henderson, KY

#19 Nov 27, 2011
U all must seriously be broke. Ok, I dont live here, friggin idiot...No apt, no lil house.... Believe what u want I could care less...dipcrack
VoiceOfReason75 wrote:
<quoted text>
every bit of it. Those are not moderate prices, and you do not live there, unless it's in the apartments or the little houses next to the school.
Come on over

Richmond, KY

#20 Nov 27, 2011
Davelex wrote:
idiot? What I wouldnt give to be able to come through this screen, guarantee u wouldnt call me an idiot to my face. Nice to know how poor you are, I have rental houses in $200,000 range. What did you do, sleep through school? Quit? Dont blame me or anyone else because you dont have a pot to piss in...
<quoted text>
What I wouldn't give for you to be able to come through my screen.I would choke your lazy azz till you sht and then stomp you for shitin, punk azz prison btch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Experience the solar eclipse safely - 2 min Desperate Democrat 17
need to change! 2 min searching 1
Donald J Trump - greatest president ever ! 3 min Best solar eclips... 4
who saw 22 min laughing 4
cant wait 1 hr 40 yo man 1
2004 bookstore 1 hr burt 2
Review: Beaumont Veterinary Ctr - Scott Nieves DVM (Mar '09) 1 hr squints 33
Gray To Move Antebellum Monuments 3 hr UnPolitically Cor... 210
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 21 hr no name 7,532

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages