Relocating

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

I am looking to relocate to Lexington in the next few months and would appreciate help with knowing what areas to avoid and what are the best areas to live in, especially since I have a young child.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Tibalt

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Judged:

Like most metropolitan areas, Lexington is economically segregated. The higher income occupied neighborhoods are safer and quieter, while the lower income occupied areas are more shady. The question is, what can you afford? Chances are, if you're priced out of the market when it comes to the "nicer areas", you may find yourself living in a high crime area. So, I could suggest that if you want a nice area to buy a home in Ashland Park, but if you don't have a million dollars or more to spend, my suggestion would be meaningless.
colony

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Judged:

Tibalt wrote:
Like most metropolitan areas, Lexington is economically segregated. The higher income occupied neighborhoods are safer and quieter, while the lower income occupied areas are more shady. The question is, what can you afford? Chances are, if you're priced out of the market when it comes to the "nicer areas", you may find yourself living in a high crime area. So, I could suggest that if you want a nice area to buy a home in Ashland Park, but if you don't have a million dollars or more to spend, my suggestion would be meaningless.
Love Ashland Park. Any street off Chinoe, between Alumni and Richmond Road.
Tibalt

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

colony wrote:
<quoted text>
Love Ashland Park. Any street off Chinoe, between Alumni and Richmond Road.
Agree. I grew up in Castlegate, off of Chinoe.
whatever

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Judged:

southland dr area. clays mill elementary school district. pretty much it is mayberry. trees and parks. shopping and community events. bike friendly. reasonably priced. inside new circle road.

Since: Jan 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Judged:

Garden Springs area is fairly inexpensive and, for now, a pretty safe place.
bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Southland dr area is a dump. Full of old run down or going out of biz shops and places. And houses in the area are old as crap. The kind that still have old yellow or green 1970 appliances in them.
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Rabbit Run area
uknow

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

east-end. little young kids walking around like grown ups, pull up ur damn pants.
info

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Relocating wrote:
I am looking to relocate to Lexington in the next few months and would appreciate help with knowing what areas to avoid and what are the best areas to live in, especially since I have a young child.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Most of the high crime areas seem to be on the north side of town. North of Richmond Road and Norht of Harrodsburg Rd. I would avoid anything on the north side. Try and stay between Richmond Rd. and Harrodsburg Rd.

Also, avoid around Centre Parkway(bunch of projects and section 8) area (near Tates Creek, Tates Creek High?middle), Woodhill area ( off Richmond Rd.), area east of main street (Martin Lurther King, Rose St. and around Transy college.(Hood and has lots of crime).

See Lexingotn Fayette County Sheriff website has a crime map that you can search by address to see # of police calls to that area.

Post name of areas you are looking and I will give you my opinion.

Also, note Lexington traffic can be rough. Nicholasville and Tates Creek are really crowded and slow during rush hour. I live 3.5 miles frm UK and it takes me 30 to 45 minutes to get to work.
Sleepy girl

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Try veterans park area... Big trees, lfeel safe leaving my doors unlocked, nice park, reasonable housing prices, and clean, good elementary school
Davelex

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

We live in Beaumont, very nice, moderate priced homes between 425K-750k, prices go up if you go into the reserve area. No crime, cops patrol all the time.
bill

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Davelex wrote:
We live in Beaumont, very nice, moderate priced homes between 425K-750k, prices go up if you go into the reserve area. No crime, cops patrol all the time.
that's not moderate priced you idiot. That's rich! Moderate decent prices are less than 200,000. I don't see how people afford all that. Only doctors or lawyers

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Davelex wrote:
We live in Beaumont
False.
Davelex

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

idiot? What I wouldnt give to be able to come through this screen, guarantee u wouldnt call me an idiot to my face. Nice to know how poor you are, I have rental houses in $200,000 range. What did you do, sleep through school? Quit? Dont blame me or anyone else because you dont have a pot to piss in...
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not moderate priced you idiot. That's rich! Moderate decent prices are less than 200,000. I don't see how people afford all that. Only doctors or lawyers
Davelex

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

uh...whats false?
VoiceOfReason75 wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
bill

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Davelex wrote:
<quoted text>idiot? What I wouldnt give to be able to come through this screen, guarantee u wouldnt call me an idiot to my face. Nice to know how poor you are, I have rental houses in $200,000 range. What did you do, sleep through school? Quit? Dont blame me or anyone else because you dont have a pot to piss in...
listen u stuck up sucker...I have plenty. I have a job, a place, and a car and I pay all my bills. Good job too but still can't afford a freakin $1000 or more house payment! Anyone who can is definitely above middle class. I'm not poor. Just average

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Davelex wrote:
<quoted text>uh...whats false?
every bit of it. Those are not moderate prices, and you do not live there, unless it's in the apartments or the little houses next to the school.
Davelex

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

U all must seriously be broke. Ok, I dont live here, friggin idiot...No apt, no lil house.... Believe what u want I could care less...dipcrack
VoiceOfReason75 wrote:
<quoted text>
every bit of it. Those are not moderate prices, and you do not live there, unless it's in the apartments or the little houses next to the school.
Come on over

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Davelex wrote:
idiot? What I wouldnt give to be able to come through this screen, guarantee u wouldnt call me an idiot to my face. Nice to know how poor you are, I have rental houses in $200,000 range. What did you do, sleep through school? Quit? Dont blame me or anyone else because you dont have a pot to piss in...
<quoted text>
What I wouldn't give for you to be able to come through my screen.I would choke your lazy azz till you sht and then stomp you for shitin, punk azz prison btch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

133 Users are viewing the Lexington Forum right now

Search the Lexington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Obama Zombies 146,277
spearmint rhino (Mar '10) 43 min Well 102
Cardinal Valley Elementary 47 min wondering 1
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 58 min jrbbc 5,430
Cameron :aka: "The King of Bardstown Road" (May '12) 1 hr jake the snake 12
Dr. Justin Clemens BUSTED (Jan '14) 1 hr terri jones 21
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 128,659
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••