Why cant I forget my first love anyon...

Why cant I forget my first love anyone else have this problem

Posted in the Lexington Forum

DeMarkus

Toledo, OH

#1 Aug 10, 2010
I dated this chick all through high school, we had a chemistry, I mean we seemed to connect. As time went on, we were both unfaithfull, and my pride would not allow me to forgive her. All though I was young and didnt treat her as good as I should have looking back! But we broke up anyway, but I felt that we still loved one another and never stopped, but simply broke up, over foolish pride! Now that was like 10 yrs ago! She has since married and I have moved on as well, we both have kids and new relationships! But We ran into each other about a year ago, her boyfriend cheated on her, so she looked me up, and called me, we hit it off great! Unfortunatly her boyfriend was able to sweet talk his way back in with her! He makes really really good money, I feel as if she does not love him, but is in love with the security that he gives her! Now I have no problem meeting wemon, but I cant seem to forget her, and the chemistry we shared, I cannot find that chemistry we shared again with any wemon! I feel as if I will always love her, and wish I could forget her and her memory! I dont think about her everyday or nothing, but every now and then I do? And I dont understand why? I can get new chicks, so why do I wish to have her back after all these years? Mabey I
just crazy as heck? Any body else have this problem of a long lost love who u just cant seem to forget?
hmmmm

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Aug 10, 2010
It is the connection that you can't leave behind. Someone with whom you can share your most secret thoughts, someone who seems to really "get" YOU.

I felt this way about my first love for many years, and I must admit that sometimes I still do feel that way. But I believe it was because I was more vulnerable and open back then, willing to share myself freely. After you get hurt a few times, you tend to guard yourself and make people work to get to know you, you are not so free with your feelings. So I figured out it was me who was not allowing myself to feel or make that kind of connection in my other relationships. I suggest you work hard on finding that with someone new, it seems she has moved on and so should you. If you are always turned around looking behind you, you can't see what is in front of you. Good luck.
yulike

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Aug 10, 2010
hmmmm wrote:
It is the connection that you can't leave behind. Someone with whom you can share your most secret thoughts, someone who seems to really "get" YOU.
I felt this way about my first love for many years, and I must admit that sometimes I still do feel that way. But I believe it was because I was more vulnerable and open back then, willing to share myself freely. After you get hurt a few times, you tend to guard yourself and make people work to get to know you, you are not so free with your feelings. So I figured out it was me who was not allowing myself to feel or make that kind of connection in my other relationships. I suggest you work hard on finding that with someone new, it seems she has moved on and so should you. If you are always turned around looking behind you, you can't see what is in front of you. Good luck.
is that right
what

Lexington, KY

#4 Aug 10, 2010
i had this girl one time about 15 years ago. i had a few other girl s since then. i am now single at the time but wake up everymorning thinking or it still feels like she is sucking me off she use to love to suck me but that 15 years ago but i can feel now and i get exited and want to masturbate now thats weird
hmmmm

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Aug 10, 2010
yulike wrote:
<quoted text> is that right
I don't know if it's right or wrong since it is only my opinion, which is based on the original poster's comments and my own personal experience. I could be way off. Does that satisfy you?
Rock Steady

Louisville, KY

#6 Aug 10, 2010
You both cheated on her. You managed to sweet talk your way back into her pants, just like her current boyfriend/husband/whatever did. Maybe she's okay with it. Who cares if she's not in love with him, but in love with the security he offers her?
You're not in love with her, but you're probably obsessed with her because you were banging her in high school. Chances are you lost your virginity to her. And now you're all fixated on it and want it back because nobody but that girl you cheated on could make you feel that way.
Am I somewhere in the ball park?

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Since: Apr 10

USA

#7 Aug 10, 2010
I't hard for most of us to forget our first love. Faithful or unfaithful, ask anyone who thier first love was and they can tell you.

Maybe that's it! If you think about you always remember your first at most things we've done in our lives. First love, kiss, sex, drove..etc.

It's the intense emotion you feel or excitement of doing things for the first time....JMHO!!!
DeMarkus

Toledo, OH

#8 Aug 11, 2010
She used to take a lot of crap because im black and she's white, I think above all it was the fact that she was colorblind and saw me for who I was! I messed up a good thing, its just that when people break up one of the party's want it to end! It was me that called it quits, and deep down I regret it. As far as rock steadys comments towards me-- I feel sorry for him or her that they have never felt a love that strong! And no she was not my first, But if I could do it all over then maby she woulda been my last. But O well the hands of fate stepped in and rolled our paths different ways! She married a doctor, to me its all about the money, but O well, I can only do me, and what emotions I feel, i feel, nothing I can do about it. So to my first love Emily Williams, If you ever read this, you more than likely wont because you live in Ohio now, I love you boo, and never stopped, and I apologize for all the foolish pride I had and forgive you! Mabey one day fate will place us back on the same paths once more
what

Lexington, KY

#9 Aug 11, 2010
you aint cousins are you that played for uk
DeMarkus

Toledo, OH

#10 Aug 11, 2010
Lol, no.
Ghost in the machine

Lexington, KY

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Ya well I remember my first love and we were faithful to each other we wasn't dating but there was chemistry now she married and got kids and I don't you can't hold on to your first loves for ever just there memories so move on or it will consume you,it did me and I'm a very hateful person for it and for holding on to the past and other things.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#12 Aug 11, 2010
DeMarkus wrote:
She used to take a lot of crap because im black and she's white, I think above all it was the fact that she was colorblind and saw me for who I was! I messed up a good thing, its just that when people break up one of the party's want it to end! It was me that called it quits, and deep down I regret it. As far as rock steadys comments towards me-- I feel sorry for him or her that they have never felt a love that strong! And no she was not my first, But if I could do it all over then maby she woulda been my last. But O well the hands of fate stepped in and rolled our paths different ways! She married a doctor, to me its all about the money, but O well, I can only do me, and what emotions I feel, i feel, nothing I can do about it. So to my first love Emily Williams, If you ever read this, you more than likely wont because you live in Ohio now, I love you boo, and never stopped, and I apologize for all the foolish pride I had and forgive you! Mabey one day fate will place us back on the same paths once more
I'm one of those ppl who thinks if it's meant to be it will happen again. Good Luck.....
Lunatic Fringe

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Aug 12, 2010
It's kinda hard to just "forget" about that first love, especially when I dated him on n off thru h.s., was married to him 14 yrs., had my 2 kids with him, and it was me who asked for the divorce....it was the best and worse times...now I'm with hubby #2 for 10 yrs, ups are great and aplenty and downs are easier to work out when you live and learn....
Wow

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2010
My first love was at 15, he was 24. He had to leave town to care for his sick parents. While he was away, I met someone else,we fell in love and married 5 years later. Needless to say that was 35 years ago. Recently, my first love contacted me, telling me he still loved me. It was exciting to talk to him, catch up on each others lives. He had never wanted children and I did. So he didn't, and I had four. After talking awhile, he made me realize all the reasons we broke up in the first place. Yeah, I cared about him then, but he is still in love with that girl from long ago. He wants me to marry him, leave my family, but I am a woman now. I did love him then, but not now. I have a wonderful husband, who I wouldn't wanna hurt for anything. So, to make a long story short, if you truly love each other, go for it. If not, leave it in the past. Keep the nice memories locked away in a box. Visit them from time to time. I no longer talk to my former love, he is just too intense, I feel bad for hurting him. But, I love my husband, and he is what matters.
Just Me

Toledo, OH

#15 Aug 12, 2010
I fell in love wid dis horse. A real horse, i loved to watch the soap run down her humonguse back and down her flea bittin tail. I used to feed her apples, and she would nibble on my fingers ever so intensly! Our passion for one another ended when I caught her messing around with a teaser pony! It really hurt me emotionally and I still think of those summers, me eating a sandwhich and her grazzing on grass in the pastures. Last I heard she caught rabies from some ex of her's!

“Live, Laugh, Love”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16 Aug 13, 2010
I remember my first love, lasted about 7 mnths, he was a year younger than me. But he was a complete jerk, he always liked to punch me, I mean in the arm,back, chest, where ever. He went to home town for a summer break and slept with like 10 different girls and wasn't even going to tell me about, thank god for sisters, she told me everything. And the guy I started to date after him, was even worse, we dated for a little under 2yrs. He cheated with every girl he met, it was with over at least 30 different girls if not more. Well I finally dropped those losers, and got with a guy that I jus completly fell in love with, we have been together 9 yrs, married for 2 yrs and have have 2 kids. This is my happy ending.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#17 Aug 13, 2010
Good story, happy you found someone who treats you right! The End........
Too Cool

United States

#18 Aug 13, 2010
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
Good story, happy you found someone who treats you right! The End........
Well, whats you're first love story?

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#19 Aug 13, 2010
Too Cool wrote:
<quoted text>Well, whats you're first love story?
I can't say, it may be about you! <wink> lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LEX over run with crime police need Zoo keepers... 27 min Tax Payer 1
The fox club 42 min Wow 1
B the bartender at the fox club 43 min Wow 1
Stormy Daniels the LAUGHINGSTOCK of the Left 1 hr Skeeter 16
kendra at spearamint rhino (Nov '11) 1 hr I have the scoop 4
Liberal Pukes Only Response Is "Get A Job" 2 hr Two cents 37
Nsa /fwb (Jan '15) 2 hr Legit 6

Lexington Jobs

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages