1 - 20 of 772 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26
First Prev
of 39
Next Last
Snapped

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 14, 2012
shocked wrote:
I can't believe she'd shoot someone! She always seemed to me to be level headed...guess you don't really know anyone huh?
I guess everyone can only be pushed to a point ya know
wow

Newark, OH

#3 Oct 14, 2012
Snapped wrote:
<quoted text> I guess everyone can only be pushed to a point ya know
you're an idiot just like her
well

Lexington, KY

#4 Oct 14, 2012
When you get pushed to a point you can't tolerate, you leave the situation (whatever it was); not kill people. My sympathy to the parents who raised this boy, watched him graduate and pass the bar and start to succeed and then lose him so senselessly. The parents of the girl have lost her, too. Absolutely pitiful.
So confused

United States

#5 Oct 14, 2012
I wonder what pushed her to such a situation? She seemed like a very nice and smart girl. could never have imagined her to commit such an act. I feel for everyone involved, such a loss for both families
anonymous

Pensacola, FL

#6 Oct 14, 2012
Usually when I see stories such as this I think "Well, yeah. I can totally see that happening." But I have known this girl for years, and I honestly would have never thought she would do something like this. Thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach. She was bubbly and full of personality, always a smile on her face, top student. It's not our job to pass judgement on what she did. The reports so far have been too vague to even begin to grasp the situation.

No matter what the truth is, this is horrible for everyone involved. Shayna and Ryan, The Hubers family, Poston's family as well as those who knew them that are left completely speechless.

Whether the ending verdict is murder, drugs, self defense or temporary insanity, Shayna's life is ruined as well as Ryan's lost. This is such a sad situation.
Steve

Louisville, KY

#7 Oct 14, 2012
I bet a combination of drugs and infidelity
Nay

Lexington, KY

#8 Oct 14, 2012
I always thought Shayna was a little off. She was so pretty, smart and nice but could never keep any friendships for more than 6 months. From what I've heard before all of this, the girl has deep insecurity issues. I never actually thought she would kill somebody. She prob snapped, I'm sure she is regretting what she did.
direct quote

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2012
Shayna: "I sucked her little brother's d*ck"
That's the most memorable thing I've ever heard her say and its also the most intelligent. News reports are quoting people claiming she was smart and they're full of it. Her boyfriend however was a smart guy. Law school grad, witty, ambitious. Put her under the prison.
anon

Nashville, TN

#10 Oct 14, 2012
Nay wrote:
I always thought Shayna was a little off. She was so pretty, smart and nice but could never keep any friendships for more than 6 months. From what I've heard before all of this, the girl has deep insecurity issues. I never actually thought she would kill somebody. She prob snapped, I'm sure she is regretting what she did.
This is spot on.
Anonymous

Valparaiso, IN

#11 Oct 14, 2012
Steve wrote:
Hey 'Steve'... how about you not speculate when you have no idea what you're talking about.
annonymous

Lexington, KY

#12 Oct 14, 2012
Ive known this girl for a few years. The past two she has changed. I would like to say this shocked me, but it really doesn't. She is crazy and I never thought she would take it this far though. The warning signs were there, she has broken into his house multiple times. I really doubt she feels guilty. Kinda random she went to a gun range a week before?
annonymous

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 14, 2012
Steve wrote:
She has never done drugs but jealousy definitely
So confused

United States

#14 Oct 14, 2012
annonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure Steve was referring to her when making those comments
Anthony Vermeulen

Geneve, Switzerland

#15 Oct 14, 2012
Ryan was my friend.
I went to high school with him. He stayed with my at my house for 3 months after school because he asked. We had a great time we had fun. I was proud of him passing the bar and I was proud of my friend setting up his own practice.
Why did you have to kill him? You might have been angry, you might have been sad but why did you have to take Ryan away from all of us?
I doubt I will ever hear the answer to this question. I doubt I will ever understand why anyone would take the life of another human being.
Rest in peace Ryan.
So confused

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="annonymous " ...Kinda random she went to a gun range a week before?[/QUOTE]

I saw that pic like 5 days before the incident. Did she go with Ryan to the range? I know she used to in the past
Former friend

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 15, 2012
annonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know this? Ive seen this girl do cocaine and prescription pills before regularly. Most of the stuff said is true about this girl. She actually was fairly smart despite her being crazy and not being able to keep friendships longer than a few months. Definitely has insecurity issues. She pretty much just kissed everyones ass and sucked up to them. It was flattering at first, but then got annoying. She was also always involved in some kind of drama with someone else and was always wanting to gossip about it. I always knew something was off but didn't think she would snap like this. I'm almost positive it was because of infidelity. They had been off an on for about 2 years and he cheated on her regularly. I just hope none of the 20 million pics I have with her don't end up on the news. I feel terrible for his and her families.
hmmm

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Usually when I see stories such as this I think "Well, yeah. I can totally see that happening." But I have known this girl for years, and I honestly would have never thought she would do something like this. Thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach. She was bubbly and full of personality, always a smile on her face, top student. It's not our job to pass judgement on what she did. The reports so far have been too vague to even begin to grasp the situation.
No matter what the truth is, this is horrible for everyone involved. Shayna and Ryan, The Hubers family, Poston's family as well as those who knew them that are left completely speechless.
Whether the ending verdict is murder, drugs, self defense or temporary insanity, Shayna's life is ruined as well as Ryan's lost. This is such a sad situation.
Murder or (possible) self defense, but drugs aren't a verdict and insanity seems very unlikely considering she was bubbly and always had a smile on her face.
FORMER FRIEND 2

Lexington, KY

#20 Oct 15, 2012
Former friend wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know this? Ive seen this girl do cocaine and prescription pills before regularly. Most of the stuff said is true about this girl. She actually was fairly smart despite her being crazy and not being able to keep friendships longer than a few months. Definitely has insecurity issues. She pretty much just kissed everyones ass and sucked up to them. It was flattering at first, but then got annoying. She was also always involved in some kind of drama with someone else and was always wanting to gossip about it. I always knew something was off but didn't think she would snap like this. I'm almost positive it was because of infidelity. They had been off an on for about 2 years and he cheated on her regularly. I just hope none of the 20 million pics I have with her don't end up on the news. I feel terrible for his and her families.
^ Couldn't have said it better. I am most likely the "someone else" and how she "was always wanting to gossip about it", but at the same time who knows because including myself and Ryan she very well could have been with 1,2, or even 3 other people knowing her and her ways. I knew she had serious mental/social/personal issues just after about 2 weeks after meeting her and I am fortunate that she left me alone finally after a few months. Ryan was a wonderful young man and it is so sad for something like this to happen to him and his family when they did not deserve this at all. Please pray for the Postons during these difficult times and also Shayna and her family.
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#21 Oct 15, 2012
Okay I have known Shayna since 10th grade when I meet her in she was a zealot Christian damning everyone else. She was very nice though to everyone she talked to. I had two AP classes with her, she was very smart. She was known for radical personality changes. Our senior year she really started to change, she stated to party with me and my friends. She became a heavy drinker and moved on to older friends. I know she atleast experiment with drugs not sure if that play a factor with what happened. Freshman year of college she was kicked out of KD. She couldn't keep friends longer than a year. She was a sweet girl atleast to me but she was a known liar and stole things from friends. She had issues and problems but no one ever thought she would kill someone. I don't know everything that happened in their relationship but from what she always said they were both a little unstable in that relationship. She has been known for dating older men and married/engaged men so I know she had a lot of issues and if he had a few than it was enough to send her over the edge
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#22 Oct 15, 2012
I met her when she was still in High School and while she was never fat, she lost some weight and seemed to suddenly think she was really hot. she completely changed, started lying complusively & seemed to be seeking everyone's approval. Then I stopped talking to her but I was still friends with her on Facebook & instagram and I could tell she switched friends alot and seemed to be kind of narcissistic, especially on instagram. I know that while dating Ryan she was talking to her ex still (who was older than her as well)but that was over 2 years ago! Prayers for Ryan's family

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min IND 1,307
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Mike Duquette 130,486
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Reality 151,149
VA loansharking 14 min jean 1
Quest community church (Dec '09) 1 hr Keep up the prayers 232
Review: Craycraft Signs Inc 1 hr Really 2
Barbershop! 2 hr laashilatiff 1
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 7 hr hardon4 5,563
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••