Can cell phones be tracked ?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sherry b

United States

#1 Jan 13, 2013
I said something not long ago about someone and it was bad. It was said out of anger and I said things that I really shouldn't have & I'm so sorry. It was a personal , private thing. Anyway, can my cell be traced someway to find out who I am , live ?? I really don't know & new to this. Any help is appreciated . Thank u..
Stan

Irving, TX

#2 Jan 13, 2013
sherry b wrote:
I said something not long ago about someone and it was bad. It was said out of anger and I said things that I really shouldn't have & I'm so sorry. It was a personal , private thing. Anyway, can my cell be traced someway to find out who I am , live ?? I really don't know & new to this. Any help is appreciated . Thank u..
Yes.
Maybe

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2013
It might take about 1-2 years to get your IP # then how could you find out who phone it even is unless you took then to court
sherry b

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2013
how is it traced or tracked ? It wasn't anything that bad but I feel bad for just saying wht I did . I don't understand ? Thaks.
Sam

Lexington, KY

#5 Jan 13, 2013
It's very easy to track, if someone feels they have been defamed they can contact topix and they will hand over the ip, and the phone company that owns the ip can identify the user, tracing phone #'s that sent messages to topix in that time frame on that IP.
sherry b

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2013
so I can do the same thing if someone is causing me grief ? There is someone but they have a computer. I'm just not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff . Theres a man that's always talking about who went to court & why & then rubs it in ! It is awful. Goin to court is stressful enuff and then 4 someone to talk about it on topix is hard to handle. Sometimes I hate computers ! Thank u.

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#7 Jan 13, 2013
You can not unless what they are saying is not true. If it is the truth you can not do anything legally.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#8 Jan 13, 2013
You may be able to get them for harassment, but that would have to be proven in court. That can get pretty expensive, because you would probably have to hire a lawyer, I don't know of any programs that provide free lawyers for harassment.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#9 Jan 13, 2013
They also if they can get your phone number, usually police officers or parents they can track you. The're computer programs with street maps that can track you down to the house, or other location you are in right now, the phone has to have gps on it to locate you that fast. The police can track your cell phone by the towers the cell phone companies us, they triangulate from two or three towers and get your general area, street that way.

The software that parents can use to track cell phones is very interesting, you can set and watch a street map in real time. You can watch every place, address, store, anyplace they go, how long they stay an when they leave. Just Google: parental cell phone tracker.

Law enforcement have similar software to track cell phones. Law enforcement now have a program once they get your computer information, they don't have to have your computer or cell phone, just the cell phone other internet appliances id information, they can use a software program to go out on the internet and get every bit of information that appliance posted, read, every email, every picture, every website, everything.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Here's one allot of parents are using lately.

My Mobile Watchdog

http://www.mymobilewatchdog.com/

Monitoring and Alerts
Monitor your child's phone activities with your My Mobile Watchdog account from any internet connected computer or smartphone. Features include:
Monitor Phone Calls
Monitor Text Messages (SMS)
Record Picture Messages (MMS)
Track GPS Locations and MORE!
Receive instant text or email notifications of your child's unauthorized activities to your phone or email.
View your child's mobile activities by date, status, time, action and detail. Print reports of monitored activity.

Tracks the GPS position and stores up to 99 locations so you can track your child anytime!
sherry b

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2013
thank u, Deray. I appreciate it.. I certainly learned some things tonite. Its aggravating stlii about a person I mentioned earlier. It seems like such a violation when things are said about u & so many others read it.. I said my apologies to someone & like I said I really know now how it feels. Thanks again.
Keep em goin

United States

#13 Mar 19, 2013
There is a statute of limitations of one year on posts on the internet. So wait till Jan 2014 and you're good to go.
Patriot Act

United States

#16 Mar 20, 2013
You can be tracked, hacked & monitored. Personal & banking info, what your searching online ect. It's all legal courtesy of your friendly political duopoly in DC
okay

Stanford, KY

#17 Mar 20, 2013
sherry b wrote:
so I can do the same thing if someone is causing me grief ? There is someone but they have a computer. I'm just not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff . Theres a man that's always talking about who went to court & why & then rubs it in ! It is awful. Goin to court is stressful enuff and then 4 someone to talk about it on topix is hard to handle. Sometimes I hate computers ! Thank u.
Most of the time when someone goes to court, it's in the newspaper as court news.Nothing illegal about saying anything about it online.Suck it up!
who

Lexington, KY

#18 Mar 20, 2013
okay wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the time when someone goes to court, it's in the newspaper as court news.Nothing illegal about saying anything about it online.Suck it up!
Exactly!
who

Lexington, KY

#19 Mar 20, 2013
okay wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the time when someone goes to court, it's in the newspaper as court news.Nothing illegal about saying anything about it online.Suck it up!
Plus people gossip about it around town. Is it illegal for a friend to tell u that someone was in court today? No it's not. It's public news
Get real

Johnson City, TN

#20 Mar 20, 2013
Sam wrote:
It's very easy to track, if someone feels they have been defamed they can contact topix and they will hand over the ip, and the phone company that owns the ip can identify the user, tracing phone #'s that sent messages to topix in that time frame on that IP.
Wrong. Try getting an IP address from topix, they will laugh at you. All you need to do is use other peoples free wifi and it can't be traced. IP address doesn't give an actual physical address. Police cannot trace an IP address without a warrant. That would be a violation of the 1st amendment. Much B.S. Has been printed about this on other articles. Most idiots like Sam doesn't know what he's talking about.
Richie Farmer

United States

#21 Mar 20, 2013
Yes if you are an FBI agent
Kemberloo

Miami, FL

#22 Mar 20, 2013
It already does exist richie, take this site for example: http://highstermobile.com/ it can even record phone conversation with live gps tracking

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#23 Mar 20, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Try getting an IP address from topix, they will laugh at you. All you need to do is use other peoples free wifi and it can't be traced. IP address doesn't give an actual physical address. Police cannot trace an IP address without a warrant. That would be a violation of the 1st amendment. Much B.S. Has been printed about this on other articles. Most idiots like Sam doesn't know what he's talking about.
If you have a registered device, cell phone, computer or other appliance that can go on the internet it has a registration key attached to the software it uses that is individual to each installation, usually that can be used on a maximum of three devices. If you have a computer for instance with windows vista left click on start, go to computer right click, go to properties left click, You will see a number that is called product ID or product key that is put out in every communication you make, that or your email you give them this information when you register your computer for the first time.

For example since we are on Topix, I'm using Google browser right now, to see the information your giving up browsing on Topix right click on a blank area on the screen, I go usually to the left. Left click on (select element) at the bottom of the drop down, Elements will have a time stamp and ip: address go down to cookies under resources, local storage and the cookies will be there, they tell everything you do and report back to the websites more than one on many websites. Also I ran across somewhere your email address you used to register shows up, allot of information you give up online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Mike Duquette 134,305
Fun Tubes to advertise your business or event!!! 5 min LexVegas Entertai... 1
drugs 10 min tina 1
Want to watch my Wife Strip 15 min Health Department 42
topix has forums for illegal drug sales! (Feb '12) 17 min tina 49
thank you tax payers 20 min hobbalong 23
lex eat in 1 hr curious gorge 1
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 6 hr Billy 6,058
Best way to sleep with mother in law (Aug '13) 16 hr I wish I could 51

Flood Warning for Fayette County was issued at March 01 at 3:07PM EST

Lexington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web