Urban Active - Makes BBB Sh*tlist Aga...

Urban Active - Makes BBB Sh*tlist Again!

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dayton, OH

#1 Apr 27, 2011
Congratulations! Your less than outstanding business practices and ignoring of customer complaints has landed you on this list again. You should be sooooo proud!
http://www.enewsbuilder.net/kybbb/e_article00...
Customer

Dayton, OH

#3 Apr 28, 2011
Broken equipment that never gets fixed.
UA_member

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 29, 2011
The contracts are clear when you sign them, that much I will agree with. But urban active is also expected to fullfill their end of the contract also. The problems I have had to deal with as a paying customer of urban active are:
1.employees not returning phone calls
2.trainers who dont bother to show up or call & cancel at the last minute without apologizing
3.broken equipment
4. dirty/broken restrooms
5. employees who are to busy talking or texting to scan your key fob when you first walk in
And heaven forbid you go to the gym to actually work out & not be interested in treating it as anything other than a meat market.
Agree

Fairborn, OH

#5 Apr 30, 2011
with the above poster. Couldn't have said it better. They make promises when you join or rejoin, but never follow-thru. It's a f*cking joke. Go elsewhere is all I can advise anyone looking for a gym.
UA sucks

Dayton, OH

#6 May 1, 2011
Don't bother taking your headphones if you like to pass the time on the treadmill or ellipticals - most of the Cardio Theatres haven't worked for OVER A YEAR.
EX employee

Louisville, KY

#7 May 1, 2011
I worked at an urban active in louisville as the assistant training director, and all i did all day was talk people into signing up for training. sounds good until they cancel because of shitty trainers and broken equipment and then you get your commision taken away. Coming from the belly of the beast, DONT EVER GO TO URBAN ACTIVE!!!!!
Customer

Dayton, OH

#9 May 2, 2011
bump this up - they suck - "yep" needs to come to Lexington on a regular basis and try using some of the broken crap at Palumbo
UA Sucks

Dayton, OH

#10 May 21, 2011
And continues to suck. Lie about how they are going to fix
broken equipment, but never do. Fed up. Highly recommend
NOT JOINING this gym if you are looking for one.
preacher

Louisville, KY

#11 May 22, 2011
UA Sucks wrote:
And continues to suck. Lie about how they are going to fix
broken equipment, but never do. Fed up. Highly recommend
NOT JOINING this gym if you are looking for one.
The problem is that being on the BBB's bad list doesn't amount to crap, I know some renigade - crook--contractors that have cheated everyone they work for, and they still have an "A" rating with the so-called BBB.
aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 May 24, 2011
The ONLY thing to do is NOT renew your membership and spread the word to NOT join. The owner seems to only care about himself and getting YOUR money...that's it.
machomansavage

Dayton, OH

#13 May 24, 2011
You got that right. Once they get your money and a contract, to hell with any promises they made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dumb pof girls 3 min ronald mcd 9
United States Counties Counted 18 min Jefferson 14
It's About To Get Downright COLD 30 min Smart Guy 1
my neighbors lawn man 36 min That UPC Guy 10
That look you get when your sentence is read an... 38 min That UPC Guy 5
why does it always smell 46 min puzzled 15
Channel 18 46 min Felex 4

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance