Best tattoo artist in Lex for portraits?

Best tattoo artist in Lex for portraits?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lauren

United States

#1 Jul 5, 2011
I am looking to get a portrait tattoo on my arm from a movie. Does anyone know or have any recommendations of good tattoo artists/shops that do good, high detailed portrait work?
Thanks!
jeff

Lexington, KY

#2 Jul 6, 2011
charlotta @ tattoo charlie's did a portrait for me that came out really well. out of all my work, it probably receives the most compliments. she did a portrait of edie sedgwick for me, based on a still from an andy warhol film. the detail is great. features that are difficult for some artists to handle (placement of eyes, etc.), she handled masterfully.

i'd check her out for a consultation. she's excellent about listening to your ideas and working to explain what she can do, what will work best dermographically, etc.
SATAN

Mount Washington, KY

#3 Jul 7, 2011
I was going to say no one in this town but then I was reminded of Charlotta. I personally don't have any of her work but have seen tons. She's one heck of an artist
just me

Louisville, KY

#4 Jul 8, 2011
Tim Reed @ Hypnotik... he did my daughters portrait and it turned out amazing! He's also been featured in Savage magazine.. check him out!
just me

Louisville, KY

#5 Jul 8, 2011
You can find him on face book too if you wanna check out his work
ho down

Niles, IL

#6 Jul 8, 2011
Beef stu at bleed blue is by far the best in this town
tnky

United States

#7 Jul 9, 2011
Lauren wrote:
I am looking to get a portrait tattoo on my arm from a movie. Does anyone know or have any recommendations of good tattoo artists/shops that do good, high detailed portrait work?
Thanks!
The best around is JJ at DollStar in Maysville!! If ya want to see some, I have two portraits he did.

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 10, 2011
go to sterling and ask for Rhanoda Shelley. She does the best portraits around. Bring a pic of what you want done and she'll do it right. Check out her work on Facebook.
Dead and Walking

United States

#9 Jul 10, 2011
just me wrote:
You can find him on face book too if you wanna check out his work
If you're talking about the guy out of Ohio ( owner of Reed Em An Weep) then I'll have to agree. I'd also go as far a putting a 1K (For you non money ppl that's $1,000,000 and not $1,000) offer to anyone that could beat TIM REED (the owner of Reed Em An Weep). This offer is only extended to artists in Lexington. Doesn't include ppl like Paul Booth; not that TIM couldn't wip his ass. I'm challenging the average priced tattoo artists.

Dead&Walking
inkd

Louisville, KY

#10 Jul 11, 2011
Joe King at studio ink, hes one hell of an artist. Find him on facebook and look at the backpiece he did for the movie The Shawshank Redemption, its insane.
Dead

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2011
inkd wrote:
Joe King at studio ink, hes one hell of an artist. Find him on facebook and look at the backpiece he did for the movie The Shawshank Redemption, its insane.
So the tattoo was in the movie or it was a representation of the movie?
inkd

Louisville, KY

#12 Jul 11, 2011
the tattoo is a full backpiece of the movie poster, with all the faces on it. Its phenomenal.
inkd

Louisville, KY

#13 Jul 11, 2011

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 12, 2011
WOW a lot of responses.?! Anyone suggest a font for intitials??!
Sucks

Mount Washington, KY

#15 Jul 13, 2011
Josh at tattoo charlies sucks don't go there
i agree

Mount Washington, KY

#16 Jul 13, 2011
I agree Tim reed at hypnotik does the most amazing portraits.
You wrong wong Tim reed
info so u know

Richmond, KY

#17 Jul 16, 2011
tim reed in lexington is the cousin to tim reed in ohio.....tim reed of reed em n weep taught tim reed of hynotix how to tattoo
barkie

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 20, 2011
inkd wrote:
you think thats good!?
barkie

Lexington, KY

#19 Oct 20, 2011
uhhh i disagree too dark and doesnt resemble them
Fun girl

United States

#20 Jul 2, 2014
Tim reed has passed away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Bryant on wkyt (Jun '11) 2 min Rice 42
what to do tonight? whats your advice 5 min looking 1
yes sir 11 min happy 1
Could Bill Meck possibly be "The Greatest" 13 min meck wrecks 12
10 things Trump supporters are too brain dead t... 36 min Sean 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 52 min usa 149,998
My Idols B.C.E. 1 hr Sean 4

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance