First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Costco

Somerset, KY

#1 Jan 28, 2013
What's the latest word on Costco coming to Lexington? Anyone know?
TLex77

Lexington, KY

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Polo Club Blvd near Hamburg, Oct-Nov is the last I've heard.
soo

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Who cares? It's no different or better than wal mart or SAMs club
Costco

Somerset, KY

#4 Jan 31, 2013
I like them better than Sams. I especially think their meat selections are much better. Looking forward to their opening.
soo

United States

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Costco wrote:
I like them better than Sams. I especially think their meat selections are much better. Looking forward to their opening.
U don't need all that fancy meat or trendy selection. Just go get some steaks and burgers. Meat is meat. There are plenty of places here already to get whatever u want
what

Duluth, GA

#6 Jan 31, 2013
soo wrote:
<quoted text>
U don't need all that fancy meat or trendy selection. Just go get some steaks and burgers. Meat is meat. There are plenty of places here already to get whatever u want
I just can't eat meat from any store. I can only imagine what they sell us at the store. I raise my own beef,pig and chicken. For excellent quality and peace of mind thats the way to go. It's much cheaper and you know whats being pumped into the animals. Support your local farmers.
Bobby

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2013
SOO, I cannot figure out why "Negative Nancy's" like you feel the need to make statements on sites like this, if you do not like Costco that's fine, but the question was about when the store was going to open. If you have a negative opinion of Costco or any other store for that matter, go to a TOPIX page that is about "how you feel" and whine all you want, but you just show yourself as an overall negative person by your posts here. Go get a nice hot chocolate and a watch a comedy on the Tv or something.
DaveR

Lexington, KY

#8 Apr 5, 2013
Costco planned to open in October in Lexington, KY

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/03/04/2541098/co...
i know

Covington, KY

#9 Apr 7, 2013
Everyone needs to shop at Costco when it arrives and boycott sams club and wal mart. Costco pays there employees 12 bucks an hour to start and average pay is 16 bucks an hour. They are union and have better pay and benefits than wal mart and sams. I will be a costco shopper for sure. Sams and wal mart treat there employees like crap and starting pay is min wage. Go Costco. When they open it will be a good place to work.
haha

Lexington, KY

#10 Apr 7, 2013
i know wrote:
Everyone needs to shop at Costco when it arrives and boycott sams club and wal mart. Costco pays there employees 12 bucks an hour to start and average pay is 16 bucks an hour. They are union and have better pay and benefits than wal mart and sams. I will be a costco shopper for sure. Sams and wal mart treat there employees like crap and starting pay is min wage. Go Costco. When they open it will be a good place to work.
Quit spreading lies idiot. Wal Mart pays more than minimum wage. I have worked there before part time and started well over $9 an hour and thats good for a retail store. And Costco doesn't pay that much everywhere. Maybe in California or wherever! But it depends on where they are located and the cost of living there. All stores are different
looking

Covington, KY

#11 Apr 7, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit spreading lies idiot. Wal Mart pays more than minimum wage. I have worked there before part time and started well over $9 an hour and thats good for a retail store. And Costco doesn't pay that much everywhere. Maybe in California or wherever! But it depends on where they are located and the cost of living there. All stores are different
Better check your facts. Costco is a union job. Contracts are negotiated from other costco stores contracts. Starting pay is 12 an hour. You wont find that at wal mart or sams. Average pay for an hourly worker at Costco is 16 an hour. How many hourly employees can say that at walmart or sams? Stock clerks at Wal Mart start at min wage. I know this to be fact.
looking

Covington, KY

#12 Apr 7, 2013
http://hbr.org/2006/12/the-high-cost-of-low-w...

read this article and see whos the Idiot? And I was wrong, Costco average pay is 17 an hour and much better benefits. I would say idiots would rather support a company that pays min wage or make 9 an hour rather than work at Costco.
haha

United States

#13 Apr 8, 2013
looking wrote:
<quoted text>Better check your facts. Costco is a union job. Contracts are negotiated from other costco stores contracts. Starting pay is 12 an hour. You wont find that at wal mart or sams. Average pay for an hourly worker at Costco is 16 an hour. How many hourly employees can say that at walmart or sams? Stock clerks at Wal Mart start at min wage. I know this to be fact.
U are wrong idiot. It all depends on previous jobs u have had. I have worked there. I know. However long u have worked at a previous job before wal mart up to six years, they give u more per hour to start per year that u were at previous job. I started at another $2 an hour almost above what they were gonna start me at just bc I had been at my current job for over years.
read

Covington, KY

#14 Apr 8, 2013
Evidently you didn't read the article. Average pay rate at wal mart and sams is 10 bucks an hour. That is just slightly above min wage. Average pay at costco is 17 per hour. My advice to you since you already have experience is to try to get on at costco.
haha

United States

#15 Apr 8, 2013
read wrote:
Evidently you didn't read the article. Average pay rate at wal mart and sams is 10 bucks an hour. That is just slightly above min wage. Average pay at costco is 17 per hour. My advice to you since you already have experience is to try to get on at costco.
I don't need to. I have a better higher paying job than either of those. That's why I said I worked there before part time! Plus my only point was that wal mart does start above minimum wage. Unlike someone stated earlier
Shank

Winchester, KY

#16 Apr 8, 2013
Welcome to Costco, I love you. Welcome to Costco, I love you.
walmart worker

Lexington, KY

#17 Apr 24, 2013
Wal-Mart does not pay by experience anymore. They stopped giving credits October 2011. You get a pay grade depending on your job title. It goes up by increments, starting off at Minimum wage, then going up by .20cents per hour, like if you're a cashier you get 7.65 an hour, which is a pay grade 3.
i know

Bellevue, WA

#19 Apr 25, 2013
walmart worker wrote:
Wal-Mart does not pay by experience anymore. They stopped giving credits October 2011. You get a pay grade depending on your job title. It goes up by increments, starting off at Minimum wage, then going up by .20cents per hour, like if you're a cashier you get 7.65 an hour, which is a pay grade 3.
exactly. wal mart does not pay a living wage. costco does. everyone at wal mart needs to quit and try to get on at costco. average pay seventeen bucks an hour
walmart worker

Lexington, KY

#20 Apr 29, 2013
I think Costco is opening up in October/November. I've been trying to follow any news on it, but sadly the internet only provides a couple of articles about it.
Thatman

Columbus, IN

#21 Apr 29, 2013
Looks like a Costco rep has infiltrated topix to try and rally people up to apply for jobs at the new location. Or to at least Detour people's brains away from a wal-mart frame of mind, and get them ready for a new option.

Either way, whether you're right or wrong, you sound like a dick. Your presentation carries a foul tone, despite your news that Costco pays more is good information to have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 6 min New at this 6,218
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 45 min Grape Ape 138,106
Anna Cooper? 56 min Trewe Stowee 2
muslims better rethink 59 min Sorry 9
Any "dogging" locations or places where a coupl... (Apr '13) 1 hr pathetic 51
holly walsh from winchester 1 hr preston 3
Clays Mill Construction 2 hr my unsolicited op... 2
More from around the web

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]