Review: Coba Cocina
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carlos Villezcas

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2013
This place is really awesome!!! The service is really great and the foos is excellent. The prices are dilectable. Easily the best restaurant in lexington. It is a mix of vegas and paris which is an awesome combination. This needs to be on your restaurant list. Love it!!
what

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 28, 2013
it hasn't even opened yet. nice try though. opens 3/18
googie gomez

Louisville, KY

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Is it.going to be mexican? Cuban?
Tyler

Winchester, KY

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Hey, is there any word yet on if this is going to double as a nightclub? It seems like it would make an awesome club!!!
Thomas

Louisville, KY

#5 Mar 14, 2013
what wrote:
it hasn't even opened yet. nice try though. opens 3/18
Well, for it being open on the 18th, I know several people who have already eaten there, one couple with pics.
TimeWellWasted

Lexington, KY

#6 Mar 14, 2013
They have sent out invites to I think 1000 people in town to try it before they open officially on the 18th.
the main mane

Louisville, KY

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Tyler wrote:
Hey, is there any word yet on if this is going to double as a nightclub? It seems like it would make an awesome club!!!
That would be dope.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 19, 2013
So what types of food are on the menu and what is it like inside?
Elizabeth

Lexington, KY

#9 Mar 19, 2013
I cannot review the food yet, because I have not dined there. I just hope the owners/managers show a little more consideration for the other merchants and customers in the complex than they did on the 17th (possibly private party opening night?). Instead of putting their valet parking on the side out of everyone's way, they stuck it right out in front, blocking traffic coming to and from the other merchants. Maybe not intentional, but probably in an effort to be seen by Richmond Road traffice. But still inconsiderate to the other merchants.
Alpha

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Mar 19, 2013
I was there on Monday , looking good worker have good attitude , but still they need to had few things on the table , like napkins , the menu doesn't have price , I don't know how I was billed , after all I had someone taking me for a tour. I which them the best in the USA .
Hear ya go

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2013
EIIa wrote:
So what types of food are on the menu and what is it like inside?
http://m.facebook.com/pages/Coba-Cocina/31667...

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/03/18/2562239/fo...
Timetokill

Lexington, KY

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Went there on opening night. Obviously still getting the kinks worked out. We were told 45 minute wait upon arrival, turned out to be 1 1/2 hour wait. By 7:30 people were being told a 2 hour wait. When we left at about 9:30, there still people waiting. After seating, Then took another 2 hours to get food and eat. It can get a little confusing to walk around in there as there is not a straight wall in the place, including the bathroom. You are constantly walking in a circle it seems. Our table was located in a circular booth. The table was in a sort of wave or 'S' shape. It had an identical booth facing us about one step away. Felt like we were part of that party. The food was good once we got it, though honestly nothing spectacular. All of the food has a Latin American tilt to it. We ordered one dinner of tacos and another of enchiladas. Most of he entrees were under $13. Most expensive was $24 for a Filet. Our total bill for 2 was about $30.
All in all, if you want to try it, I would suggest either lunch or an odd time like 3 PM if you want to avoid the crowds.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 21, 2013
Okay thanks all for the insight.

I'm sure they are going to be very crowded at peak times for several months due to them being new. I may go during lunch.
Girlfriend

Georgetown, IN

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Lol at Carlos for saying food was great when it hadn't even opened yet! Lmao!
my review

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Great service...food not so good.
donnier

Tucker, GA

#16 Apr 3, 2013
my review wrote:
Great service...food not so good.
That's funny. I went for lunch last saturday and the service was sloow but the food was good.
Zero

Lexington, KY

#17 Apr 4, 2013
It will suck if they hire illegal Mexican cooks like so many other dumb ass restaurant owners do here. I have worked with about 10 of those sneaky paid under the table bastards and not only did they not pay a single tax dollar they just quit and leave so if there cooking was good, which it usually is , then the dumb ass owner replaces them with a stupid moron that can't cook at all, thus killing the good customer base the illegal Mexican had created. Does all this make sense or are you people dumb like so many people are these days. Is this the future of America sucking up to Mexican illegals and supplying there drug trade, if so then I should make cyanide pills for each and every one of us.
WayOverrated

Henderson, KY

#18 Aug 22, 2013
Interesting atmosphere but the food was average. No better than Taco Bell on a good day. Loved the jellyfish (by far the best part of the experience) but the service- even 5 months after opening, is poor. Even during off hours the employees just seem clueless. The little dessert area is good but overpriced I think. It will be interesting to see what this building becomes when the restaurant goes out of business... and it will.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 22, 2013
Yeah,, I have a feeling it wont last a decade. Beautiful restaurant on the inside and outside, but people will get bored with this place.
anonymous

Lexington, KY

#20 Aug 23, 2013
Nice atmosphere. Had good service. The food was really bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good bar in Lex 10 min drinker 12
Spencerian College 12 min haha 2
New Salvation Army Thrift Store Versailles Rd 27 min Second Handrose 1
Breanna Gilroy leaving channel 18 32 min Pageant 2
I love christmas time! 1 hr cora 2
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr cora 6,850
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,447

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages