Mi Mexico, closed --Roach Infestation ?

Mi Mexico, closed --Roach Infestation ?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Howard P

Jeffersonville, IN

#1 Feb 2, 2013
WOW, my wife wanted us to go there and eat Tuesday night, so I called to see what the hours were, no answer, heard the next that they were CLOSED!!
car mat

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 2, 2013
so that was the crunch in the food about time lex shut down these nasty places ,remember in mexico they have no one to check how clean they are ,so they bring that same practice when they come here remember crunchy roaches next time you eat mexican
Bernieca

Jeffersonville, IN

#3 Feb 2, 2013
ill bet there are a few peope feeling a little sick right about now, thinking about this.
privates eye

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Bernieca wrote:
ill bet there are a few peope feeling a little sick right about now, thinking about this.
LMAO

Yeah I bet......bbllluuuuaaahhhhhhh!! !
The mi mexico on richmond rd reuses their straws. They put the little straw cap on them to make it look like they are bringing you new straws. One time they brought me an ice tea with a straw, paper straw cap covered of course, and I took the cap off and the straw had obviously been used, someone had chewed the end of it. We left.
Dude Watson

Cleveland, OH

#5 Feb 2, 2013
I heard the flies in the kitchen took up a collection to buy a new screen door.
really

Henderson, KY

#6 Feb 2, 2013
privates eye wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
The mi mexico on richmond rd reuses their straws. They put the little straw cap on them to make it look like they are bringing you new straws. One time they brought me an ice tea with a straw, paper straw cap covered of course, and I took the cap off and the straw had obviously been used, someone had chewed the end of it. We left.
You are SO mean!
Sheafunkmo

United States

#7 Feb 2, 2013
privates eye wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
should have been reported right then. And some people think Mexicans are so clean..
they feed you roaches, flies, and probably rat droppings.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Sheafunkmo wrote:
<quoted text> And some people think Mexicans are so clean..
Who thinks that??? A lot of chinese places are UNCLEAN as well. I'm always reading negative reports about their restaurant inspections where cleanliness was the issue so it's just not "mexicans".
car mat

Lexington, KY

#9 Feb 3, 2013
checked on a building in nicholasville last year it was a chinese restaurant and it was summer time and they had the back door open flies on everything they are now closed

Location hidden

#10 Feb 3, 2013
Yep..it was that buffet place. Should have shut them down long before that.

I don't understand these owners or employees. Do they not think it is unsanitary for rodents and pests to touch food or be anywhere near it?? I guess it doesn't concern them as long as they aren't eating it.
Butch S

Jeffersonville, IN

#11 Feb 3, 2013
I know that it is hard to control raoches or bedbugs, or any number of pests and insects, but my problem is , why do you wait until the health dept. gets involved, you are there every day and you know better than anyone that there is a problem. Just keep feeding people and taking their money is what makes me sick.
Butch S

Jeffersonville, IN

#12 Feb 3, 2013
I ate there about three weeks back, and until I get my money back and tip, then I certainly won't keep this crap a secret.
customer

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2013
went there a lot will never go back!!
Concerned

Jasper, IN

#14 Feb 3, 2013
I worked at friends and co in the maple leaf shopping center on man o war. We would stand out back to smoke. In the summer We could see into the Indian resturant next door. They would be cooking without shirts. I could see the sweat running off their hairy bodies and into the food. I'll never forget that

Location hidden

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Tan Door Restaurant...yep!!
Really

United States

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Yuck
inspection

Clarksville, IN

#17 Feb 4, 2013
And they got a 100% on their health inspection in June.
Nasty Mexican

Lexington, KY

#18 Jul 2, 2013
I wonder if the new building is infested yet?
yuck

Henderson, KY

#19 Jul 4, 2013
car mat wrote:
so that was the crunch in the food about time lex shut down these nasty places ,remember in mexico they have no one to check how clean they are ,so they bring that same practice when they come here remember crunchy roaches next time you eat mexican
The dark specks in the refried beans are the glorious roaches. Bed bugs, maybe?
yuck

Henderson, KY

#20 Jul 4, 2013
EIIa wrote:
Yep..it was that buffet place. Should have shut them down long before that.
I don't understand these owners or employees. Do they not think it is unsanitary for rodents and pests to touch food or be anywhere near it?? I guess it doesn't concern them as long as they aren't eating it.
They do it eat after all they were born and raised doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brooke Taylor on Backpage (Jun '15) 4 min you was a biggun 30
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min another viewer 156,554
Street walkers and junkies in cardinal valley 12 min Cindy 7
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 31 min Princess Hey 6,937
how to report illegal aliens 53 min Cheeto Face Asscl... 54
Your not a 90s kid (Dec '13) 1 hr cosby 73
eating out is the way! 1 hr Cheeto Face Asscl... 109

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages