arrogant calipari screws up uk schedule

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
UK Fan

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 May 24, 2012
John Calipari is the emperor with no clothes. Because of the tendency of the BBN to worship any coach who wins basketball games Calipari has amassed so much power that their is no safety check at UK. The man can do as he pleases and no one can challenge him. Killing the rival game with Indiana in order to play in a football stadium was foolish. What Calipari wants is to make Rupp so fool proof that UK will never be challenged there. He already has the weak SEC which is no challenge. Now he plans to fill the preconference schedule with cup cakes. I knows that many UK fans will pay big bucks to see UK destroy the weak sisters and he knows that his kiddy corps will always need cannon fodder to sharpen their skills so that he can send his annual exit to the NBA, and he knows that winning games, even against the weak will pump up his position of the throne even more. The more power he gets the more dangerous he becomes. Where is Sandy Bell? Where is Mitch Barnhart? Where is the President of the University?
Really

Louisville, KY

#2 May 24, 2012
You're an idiot, plain and simple.

Setting up a neutral site with Baylor, working on a neutral site series with Duke. Winning a national championship that you prolly said couldn't be done because you buy into the idiotic commentary of national writers.

What do you think helps the program more, playing Indiana in their sh!tbox arena or playing high profile matchups in big time venues? The national attention for the Baylor men/women's double header at cowboys arena will pay in revenue and massive recruiting exposure (for both men and women's).

If Indiana is so big then why did they chicken out of a neutral series that would profit both schools every year? Did it for even half a second register in your pea sized brain that were also adjusting future schedules for the additions of conference games for our new BIG12 opponents? Prolly not because you're to busy sucking Pat Forde and Pete Thamels d!ck to have a free thought of your own.
UK Fan

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 May 24, 2012
My, are we not vulgar today. My point is that Calipari is so beloved and powerful that UK basketball has become a one man show with no one powerful enough to act to provide any type of supervision. If he wants to break a 40 plus rival tradition he does it. He is capable of taking chances with recruits and he trumpts the compliance officer. Your post prove my point. He is a fine coach, but he is not bigger than UK basketball
cuss me

Versailles, KY

#4 May 24, 2012
I remember the good old days when the coach was just an average guy, like Billie Gillispie. He sucked as a coach, but at least he didn't have too much power to turn Kentucky Basketball into the most hated institution in the country, both within the state and out. I am even a lifelong UK fan, and saw them in St. Louis in 1978 when they won it all. We did that without a dago egomaniac from the east coast.
Uk sucks

Winchester, KY

#5 May 24, 2012
Why should IU have to play uk on neutral floor? IU, UL,UNC,SC, ETC have to play in Rupp that is hostile territory. As is the other teams arenas mentoined above. Joel Pett was right IU take my ball and go home one and done. I saw last night on WKYT that UK will return IU to the 2013-14 schedule. They just dont want IU to beat them in Corrupt arena
I Said

Winchester, KY

#7 May 24, 2012
Dont worry they'll loose 9 games this year and every one in ky will be ready to get a new coach and start all the boo hoo's crying about everything under the sun...it will be just like when Tubby was here...Mark these words.
uhhhhh

Bowling Green, KY

#8 May 25, 2012
I Said wrote:
Dont worry they'll loose 9 games this year and every one in ky will be ready to get a new coach and start all the boo hoo's crying about everything under the sun...it will be just like when Tubby was here...Mark these words.
you're just jealous
Love UK wonder about Cal

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 May 25, 2012
Uk sucks wrote:
Why should IU have to play uk on neutral floor? IU, UL,UNC,SC, ETC have to play in Rupp that is hostile territory. As is the other teams arenas mentoined above. Joel Pett was right IU take my ball and go home one and done. I saw last night on WKYT that UK will return IU to the 2013-14 schedule. They just dont want IU to beat them in Corrupt arena
I figger that it is simpal. Cal don't want to take his team where it is hard to win. He is down with other teams comming to Rupp where he gits all the breaks. Baylor has to come to Rupp but they have to give up a home game. Cal knows that UK fans will follow him to the ends of the world so when he plays in a football place there will be enough screaming UK fans so that it is like a home game for uk. And he can split the money when they play in football places. More and more UK basketball is becoming more money than college game. I thought that letting some of the UK students see good games in Rupp was part of what UK was about, but I figger that it is now all about Cal. why don't they just call UK the university of calipari?
u dunb

Bowling Green, KY

#10 May 25, 2012
Love UK wonder about Cal wrote:
<quoted text>
I figger that it is simpal. Cal don't want to take his team where it is hard to win. He is down with other teams comming to Rupp where he gits all the breaks. Baylor has to come to Rupp but they have to give up a home game. Cal knows that UK fans will follow him to the ends of the world so when he plays in a football place there will be enough screaming UK fans so that it is like a home game for uk. And he can split the money when they play in football places. More and more UK basketball is becoming more money than college game. I thought that letting some of the UK students see good games in Rupp was part of what UK was about, but I figger that it is now all about Cal. why don't they just call UK the university of calipari?
You do a lot a 'figgering', don't you?
Love UK wonder about Cal

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 May 25, 2012
u dunb wrote:
<quoted text>
You do a lot a 'figgering', don't you?
Yes, I do do a bit of figgering. At least I made a point, which is more than you did. If you got a point say it. If you think that Cal is the man say it. if you can't figger out that Cal is a little too big for his britchas, drink the cool aid and smile.
DMill

Mount Washington, KY

#12 May 25, 2012
Is this really happening after we won a National Championship? Let the haters hate!!!! To the 9 loss comment , you are way off base. find a job or somethimg else to do with your time.
I Said

Winchester, KY

#13 May 25, 2012
DMill wrote:
Is this really happening after we won a National Championship? Let the haters hate!!!! To the 9 loss comment , you are way off base. find a job or somethimg else to do with your time.
ok you'll see They don't have davis, Jones and that bunch coming back.
Love UK wonder about Cal

Harrodsburg, KY

#14 May 25, 2012
DMill wrote:
You figger that winning a national championship is where it is at. I say that you are rite. But if winning means turning ever thing over to Cal without any body wondering about how he is running the team, I say you had better watch out. No coach is bigger that UK. That ain't hating, it is keeping your eyes open. Go ahead and drank the koolaid and grin. I hope that I am wrong and you are rite.
smells

Bowling Green, KY

#15 May 26, 2012
<quoted text>
You figger that winning a national championship is where it is at. I say that you are rite. But if winning means turning ever thing over to Cal without any body wondering about how he is running the team, I say you had better watch out. No coach is bigger that UK. That ain't hating, it is keeping your eyes open. Go ahead and drank the koolaid and grin. I hope that I am wrong and you are rite.
Sounds like you been drinking spiked koolaid. I smell envy. You don't love UK at all.
Larry

Latonia, KY

#16 May 26, 2012
Dude you need to get off the LSD, who gives a rats ass about what you think. Your rambling makes about as much sense as a third grader, and your spelling is as bad
<quoted text>
Love UK wonder about Cal

Harrodsburg, KY

#17 May 27, 2012
smells wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you been drinking spiked koolaid. I smell envy. You don't love UK at all.
Talk about spiked koolaid. you is the one that is dranking the koolaid. I says that no coach is biggar than UK. You thinks that Cal is the man and I meean the only man. I think that I am a better fan than you who just says Go Cal instead of Go UK. What does I envy? It ain't you.
smells

Bowling Green, KY

#18 May 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Talk about spiked koolaid. you is the one that is dranking the koolaid. I says that no coach is biggar than UK. You thinks that Cal is the man and I meean the only man. I think that I am a better fan than you who just says Go Cal instead of Go UK. What does I envy? It ain't you.
Please get an education. Thanks for the funny post anyway.
Wake up

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 May 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Learn how to spell. Learn how to write. Learn how to speak. Please.
UK Fan

Harrodsburg, KY

#21 May 28, 2012
Sman wrote:
It is apparent that, after this last season, Kentucky playing in Bloomington, is dangerous to the health of the players and coaches. After that mob shyt that happened in Dec., I wouldn't want to go back there, either.
That is a lame excuse. The truth is that Calipari does not want to take his players into a hostile environment. Of course, he relishes the hostile environment that every team must face when they come to Rupp. IMO the Indiana game just might have allowed us to win the national championship. We now know that most of the home games will be against cup cakes. We also know that the SEC is no challenge to UK. We know that the BBN finds it's way in to all of the away SEC arenas and that UK will face no hostile environment in the SEC.(Remember the Florida game where UK fans drowned out Florida fans screaming Go Big Blue?) We also know that in the so called neutral games UK fans will out number the other teams fans 2 to 1. So, what Calipari is trying to do is to take away the home advantage from every team that UK plays and to use Rupp to destroy every team that plays there. Simply put, Calipari lost at Indiana. It has nothing to do with Indiana fans rushing the field. UK basketball and it's tradition is nothing like this.
looks like

Bowling Green, KY

#22 May 28, 2012
UK Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lame excuse. The truth is that Calipari does not want to take his players into a hostile environment. Of course, he relishes the hostile environment that every team must face when they come to Rupp. IMO the Indiana game just might have allowed us to win the national championship. We now know that most of the home games will be against cup cakes. We also know that the SEC is no challenge to UK. We know that the BBN finds it's way in to all of the away SEC arenas and that UK will face no hostile environment in the SEC.(Remember the Florida game where UK fans drowned out Florida fans screaming Go Big Blue?) We also know that in the so called neutral games UK fans will out number the other teams fans 2 to 1. So, what Calipari is trying to do is to take away the home advantage from every team that UK plays and to use Rupp to destroy every team that plays there. Simply put, Calipari lost at Indiana. It has nothing to do with Indiana fans rushing the field. UK basketball and it's tradition is nothing like this.
Somebody has a hard-on for Cal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlottesville Protesters were paid! It's a fa... 2 min reality 29
show 16 min Tube 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min CCzar 166,447
Who Is Alan Stein Married To? 29 min Moo 31
Vote Donald J Trump 2020!!! 47 min Ask a dumb question 24
Trump Voters Now Living In Regret 55 min Chucky 44
Gray To Move Antebellum Monuments 1 hr Really 241
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 10 hr TransRanee 7,534

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages