How do I know if a neighbor is on Sec...

How do I know if a neighbor is on Section 8 or HUd

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
reba

Lexington, KY

#1 Jun 23, 2011
recently, some less than desirable neighbors have moved on my street. Can I tell if they are getting Section 8 somewhere?
Sirhc

Henderson, KY

#2 Jun 23, 2011
Call 911, tell them it's an emergency HURRY! The only thing you should tell them is your address. Then hang up while you act like someone is choking you. When they arrive simply explain that you wanted to know if your neighbors were on section 8. They should be able to tell you or not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#3 Jun 23, 2011
Do some research on the net. Call HUD and inquire into the area like you want to move there, but want to know about section 8. Talk to the people on your street. Call your nieghboorhood association and ask, or get the owner of the houses contact info and ask them.
Sirhc did have one good idea...if they start acting like morons just call the cops and complain. Enough complaints and they are OUT!
reba

Lexington, KY

#4 Jun 23, 2011
Thanks, I will call and check. I don't guess Rirhc owns a own!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 23, 2011
look up the address of the fayettepva.com website. If it's a rental, find the phone number of the company and call and ask and tell them they're shady. I live in masterson and have section 8 next to me. They've been a living nightmare for 2 years. The kids destroy and run through other people's yards, they don't maintain their yard or mow it, it's overgrown with weeds. They've torn the gutters off their house and have made the neighborhood an less than pleasant place to live.

if you find out they are section 8, call section 8 and complain as much as you can.
reba

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 23, 2011
ambermariec78 wrote:
look up the address of the fayettepva.com website. If it's a rental, find the phone number of the company and call and ask and tell them they're shady. I live in masterson and have section 8 next to me. They've been a living nightmare for 2 years. The kids destroy and run through other people's yards, they don't maintain their yard or mow it, it's overgrown with weeds. They've torn the gutters off their house and have made the neighborhood an less than pleasant place to live.
if you find out they are section 8, call section 8 and complain as much as you can.
Thank you, great suggestions:) I know how you feel. Not only are we (taxpayers) paying for their housing, but they move in beside of us and destory our neighborhoods.

Take my tax $ and build more projects for them! Keep them in the project, where they belong.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 23, 2011
exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It burns me up that I pay over $800 to live in my house and they pay $8.00 to live in the exact same thing. That's what they pay to live.$8! And they act like hoodlums and don't even can't even take pride in the place they live or be grateful someone is giving them the opportunity to live amoungst the rest of us.

I'd also call the police as well...even for minor stuff because the more police complaints on them, the more likely section 8 will see that they are not living by the rules and will eventually get rid of them.
Black Betty

Lexington, KY

#9 Jun 23, 2011
People dont have to be on HUD to "act like hoodlums" and its a damn shame that you think everyone that does recieve HUD behave that way.

Sounds to me like some of you need to climb down off your "high-horse" and stop acting like idiots!

Regardless of whether or not someone is recieving HUD, if they are causing problems on your street then try to resolve the issue either by talking to them or their landlord instead of getting ONLINE and showing your IQ level!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#10 Jun 23, 2011
Did we say everyone on HUD acted like hoodlums? No. I was refering to the one's who live next to us. You're the one who is clearly showing her IQ level. If you were as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't be taking everything you read at face value and making assumptions that we are talking about all HUD recipients. You would be smart enough to know that this post is not picking on all HUD recipients. That it is a few select bad apples that are destroying neighborhoods that we a referring to.

Talking to them or their landlord? Really...are you that naive? That doesn't work because neither of the two want to lose their government check so they don't do anything about it. Trust me, myself, my neighbors and my homeowner's association have tried talking to them and none of it has worked so we have had to resort to calling the police.
been there

Frankfort, KY

#11 Jun 23, 2011
black betty..talking to them? what's the point of talking to someone who constantly screams racism every chance they get? Have you ever lived next to section 8? It's no picnic in the park when they're disrespectful as "most" of them are in the city of Lexington.

No one on here is saying all HUD is bad. Clearly this discussion is about "some" of them so perhaps you should analyze the conversation before you start calling other people names and insulting their IQ when you are the one showing your IQ level and ignorance.

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 23, 2011
here's an answer: WHO THE HELL CARES?
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#13 Jun 23, 2011
People that WORK hard to live a nice area thats who cares. People who want what they work hard for to not be drug down by those wanting a freeby, but then refuse to take care of what is given to them.
Drive way

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 23, 2011
The house on either side of me is a little over 4,000 square feet. The house across the street from me just sold. The owner took a loss at just a little over half a million dollars.

From these factors, I can reasonably conclude that my nieghbors are not section 8. Apply the same test to your own nieghborhood in order to reach your own conclusion.
Black Betty

Lexington, KY

#15 Jun 23, 2011
ambermariec78 wrote:
Did we say everyone on HUD acted like hoodlums? No. I was refering to the one's who live next to us. You're the one who is clearly showing her IQ level. If you were as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't be taking everything you read at face value and making assumptions that we are talking about all HUD recipients. You would be smart enough to know that this post is not picking on all HUD recipients. That it is a few select bad apples that are destroying neighborhoods that we a referring to.
Talking to them or their landlord? Really...are you that naive? That doesn't work because neither of the two want to lose their government check so they don't do anything about it. Trust me, myself, my neighbors and my homeowner's association have tried talking to them and none of it has worked so we have had to resort to calling the police.
Using "them" as a reference to HUD reipients certainly doesnt imply "a few select bad apples" now does it?!?!
Problem

Lexington, KY

#16 Jun 23, 2011
IF YOU PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A PROBLEM WITH YOUR NEIGHBOURS THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER MOVING YOU BUNCH OF PISSY WHINNERS!!!!!!! boo freakin hoo

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Report this post

United States

#17 Jun 23, 2011
Cook up a pot of chiterlings (if neighbors are colored) or Tamales (if neighbors are mexican). Welcome them to the neighborhood by taking them the food. They will then be putty in your hands & you will then be able to just ask them yourself. Works everytime.
neighbor

Enigma, GA

#18 Jun 23, 2011
why should someone move because their neighbors who are being supported by the very people they live next door to can't be respectful to the community they live in?

You must be on government assistance otherwise you would understand how frustrating it is to live next to people who are taking YOUR tax payer money and not following the very rules the government sets for them if they want that check.

Hey Betty..don't get your panties in a bunch...I got what the poster was saying. If you read the previous posts you would have seen that person said they lived next to section 8 themselves so its pretty obvious who "them" is..i.e...that particular posters next door neighbors.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2011
I lived next door to a lady who had rates in her house, garbage laying around, and the front yard looked like a junkyard.......and all this in an upscale neighborhood...Let's see who'll cast the first stone!

Location hidden

#20 Jun 23, 2011
Aaron wrote:
People that WORK hard to live a nice area thats who cares. People who want what they work hard for to not be drug down by those wanting a freeby, but then refuse to take care of what is given to them.
just because you dont work and get assistance doesn't mean you're a slob or a drunk.

Location hidden

#21 Jun 23, 2011
Aaron wrote:
if you live next to someone in section 8 housing then you are getting it, too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Happy Lesbo 167,903
The truth simple and honest 9 min moretruth 6
Remove all black statues 24 min Madea is gay omg 5
Barrack (odumbo) Obama - one worthless POS 33 min sipping lib tears 42
Boycott the NFL 1 hr sipping lib tears 4
News John Wall breaks down in tears during UK Hall o... 1 hr During phartx 3
Is their a church in Lexington that welcomes gay's (Nov '09) 2 hr Uncle Ben 517

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages