Romney, poor people and Kentucky

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 18, 2012
You can tell Romney does not care for poor people or helping them improve their lot in life or to provide opportunities for them by the way he speaks of them in a degrading manner. Kentucky is one of the poorer states in our country with a high % of our citizens below poverty and/or on government assistance. How come so many Kentuckians support and will vote for Romney as he most assuredly will win our state?
silly poor

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 18, 2012
you silly poors just want everything for free. pathetic people don't work or don't school adn then want to live in nice homes and drive nice cars and have iphones. get a job!
wondering

Lexington, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2012
@silly poor,

Actually, I am educated and employed. However, I am also compassionate and find it disgusting that Mitt Romney uses the term "victims" to describe those who support Barack Obama.

I am not aiming for a debate or argument. Just wanting some insight as to how so many people in Kentucky vote against their economic interests.
the truth

Carol Stream, IL

#4 Sep 18, 2012
George

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Sep 18, 2012
I think we go ahead and hand the keys to America over to China, because Omama is going to bankrupt us. Trillions spent and no
jobs to show for it. This muslim is anti-america and hates every successful individual in America. Here is his motto GOD D*m America
the truth wrote:
http://m.guardian.co.uk/commen tisfree/2012/jun/09/did-republ icans-deliberately-crash-us-ec onomy?cat=commentisfree&ty pe=article
George

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Sep 18, 2012
Do you think Omama is good for Kentucky. We have lost thousands of jobs in Eastern Kentucky because of his policies. He prefers to ship our coal to China where they can use the cheap power and we see our electric rates go higher and higher. Anything is better than 4 more years with Omama. With all the promises Omama made 4 years ago, the poor are worse off now, and the middle class is smaller that it has ever been. Sure blame the rich they pay 90% of the taxes now and provide all the new jobs that are created yearly.
wondering wrote:
@silly poor,
Actually, I am educated and employed. However, I am also compassionate and find it disgusting that Mitt Romney uses the term "victims" to describe those who support Barack Obama.
I am not aiming for a debate or argument. Just wanting some insight as to how so many people in Kentucky vote against their economic interests.
at George

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Eastern Kentucky has been a disaster for decades, tough to blame that on Obama.
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Romney wasn't calling people victims, he was saying "don't play the victim' just so you can get freebies. I agree with that. Too many people in life do that for many different reasons. Mostly it's to get whatever it is they want.
Don't complain and blame. Cowboy UP !
at George

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 18, 2012
Hey George, does your tv get any channel other than Fox News? Keys to China? Are you serious?

Please discuss rationally and with data, not your talking points you learned from Bill O'Reilly.
wondering

Lexington, KY

#10 Sep 18, 2012
Hey Aaron, maybe the worst part of the quote was this part then:

He added that as a candidate for the White House, "my job is not to worry about those people."

As president, shouldn't he worry about all people?
George

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Lets see the national debt was 10 trillion when Omama took over the reins, and he promissed to cut that in half his first term, If my ears heard right we just surpassed 16 trillion. Over $50,000 per person currently living in the US. Omama is working on getting that per person amount down by opening up the border so all the illegals can vote for him so maybe another 50 million illegals we can get the per person debt under $50,000. With Omama for 4 more years our debt will be listed as junk by every rating company out there. Won't be long until they rename the dollar peso. I kind of look forward to having a million pesos in my pocket to go out to dinner.
simple

Lexington, KY

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Educated voters lean democrat. Wealthy/greedy and uneducated voters lean republican.

Very simple to understand. That is why republicans win Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Montana, Wyoming, etc. and the democrats win California, Massachusetts, etc.
Romney

Lexington, KY

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Romney has switched 180 degrees on the following:

Bailouts
Gun Laws
Pro-Choice/Pro-Life
University Health Care
Immigration/Amnesty
Social Security/Medicare
Stem Cell Research
Gay Rights (Military and Marriage)
Global Warming/Environmental Regulations

Be very interesting to see how the debates go for him. Obama may beat Romney worse than he beat McCain and he is a weaker candidate now than he was in 2008.
ItsTime

Lexington, KY

#14 Sep 18, 2012
Personally, I say it is time to get pissed off and say hell no, we are not taking it anymore.

I say start out simple to see if the right people are listening.

Maybe a little ice breaker and pull another Boston Tea Party and see what sticks and go from there.

Enough is enough.

I will not be voting for either one of those idiots.
well

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Sep 18, 2012
simple wrote:
Educated voters lean democrat. Wealthy/greedy and uneducated voters lean republican.
Very simple to understand. That is why republicans win Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Montana, Wyoming, etc. and the democrats win California, Massachusetts, etc.
Wealthy people generally are well educated. Greed is not synonymous with success.

Democrats want to keep the poor dependent on government handouts so they can keep getting their votes. Gotta keep that welfare coming.
simple

Lexington, KY

#16 Sep 18, 2012
I agree that wealthy people are typically well educated. They typically vote democrat.

It is the greedy, wealthy people and the uneducated that vote republican.
simple

Lexington, KY

#17 Sep 18, 2012
George - you are a wack job. Were you worried about the debt when Bush turned a surplus into a deficit?
George

Bowling Green, KY

#18 Sep 18, 2012
This is one of the dumbest statements that I have seen lately. Those dumb wealthy guys are all republicans and all the educated poor people vote democrat. Priceless..........

Government can't provide for you, they have failed at every turn
trying to provide for people, bigger government is bad. Omama wants you to ask the government to help you wipe your ass. When will individuals learn it takes 5 government employess to do what
one private sector employee does.

Keep voting for bigger government so they can tell you what size drink you can order.
simple wrote:
George

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Sep 18, 2012
Seriously you read the article and didn't understand that he said
I can't worry about trying to convert the 47% who are going to vote
for Omama no matter what. Wow you must be really stupid.
wondering wrote:
Hey Aaron, maybe the worst part of the quote was this part then:
He added that as a candidate for the White House, "my job is not to worry about those people."
As president, shouldn't he worry about all people?
laughing

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Sep 18, 2012
simple wrote:
I agree that wealthy people are typically well educated. They typically vote democrat.
It is the greedy, wealthy people and the uneducated that vote republican.
You're ridiculous. The wealthy people I know give a boat load of money away and vote Republican. You obviously do not know anyone with money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7th street girls 2 min horace 39
UK needs to terminate Calipari now 3 min oh boy 26
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Lacresa 137,713
Ufologist Vs. Geoscientist 2 hr MrObvious 4
Britney Transvestite with Craigalist Ads 3 hr Cinnamon 13
Gary Ginn coroner 3 hr Martha Washington 12
UFOs Over Lexington 3 hr hithere 39
More from around the web

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]