Florida pill mills blame KENTUCKY????

Florida pill mills blame KENTUCKY????

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Maddie

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2010
“I’m ashamed that my county has the unenviable distinction of being the pill-mill capital of the United States,” said Rep. Ari Porth, D-Coral Springs.“We have the chance to stop the explosive growth of these clinics, to stop these clinics from festering, to send these sleazy, bottom-feeding operators of these death centers back to Kentucky where they belong.”

From the Sun Sentinel...and NONE of these doctors are connected tp Kentucky!! Why is Florida trying to blame us for their mess down there????
denial

Winchester, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2010
They don't want to take any sort of blame. to me, florida is not a good place to vacation anymore due to the stigma attached to the word "florida"!
Blue

Port Charlotte, FL

#3 Aug 16, 2010
Florida has a new law. No doctor can let and out of state person have over a 10 day supply of pain meds
Lineup

Louisville, KY

#4 Aug 16, 2010
Blue wrote:
Florida has a new law. No doctor can let and out of state person have over a 10 day supply of pain meds
No, they won't have any law in effect until October 1, and even then there is a loophole - the doctors can charge 700 for the visit and give the pills free. Their database to track narctoics is supposed to be up by Jan 2011 but so far doesn't have half the funding needed to do so.

They continue to be up and running and causing deaths all over Kentucky.
NAH

Fairborn, OH

#5 Aug 16, 2010
Lineup wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they won't have any law in effect until October 1, and even then there is a loophole - the doctors can charge 700 for the visit and give the pills free. Their database to track narctoics is supposed to be up by Jan 2011 but so far doesn't have half the funding needed to do so.
>They continue to be up and running and causing deaths all over Kentucky.
>put the blame where it belongs, the ADDICTS will get it somewhere.

It is a shame you have such a herd mentality.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 7, 2010
NAH wrote:
<quoted text>
>put the blame where it belongs, the ADDICTS will get it somewhere.
It is a shame you have such a herd mentality.
it's a shame you're such a noncomprehending smart ass, too, but hey, we take what we get on public forums, right? yes, addicts will seek drugs but where did the opiate addiction originate? with doctors, and particularly in south florida. they have made addiction and drug dealing very attractive to the welfare class of kentucky, and everyone is making money from the doctors down to the disabled (ha) patients who are selling the pills. however, the op's point is valid that apparently florida representatives are trying to make this about kentucky.

“Words are Powerful”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 7, 2010
Kentuckians are the ones driving up there with fabricated pain stories.
Really it's all about the mullah though, as usual.
really

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2010
this is really old news. I remember hearing something about this a couple of years ago. A pretty ridiculous comment, but if I remember correctly, the guy was pretty much taken to task by the local newspapers in Florida for what he said.
whoa there

Richmond, KY

#9 Sep 14, 2010
And Now What wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a shame you're such a noncomprehending smart ass, too, but hey, we take what we get on public forums, right? yes, addicts will seek drugs but where did the opiate addiction originate? with doctors, and particularly in south florida. they have made addiction and drug dealing very attractive to the welfare class of kentucky, and everyone is making money from the doctors down to the disabled (ha) patients who are selling the pills. however, the op's point is valid that apparently florida representatives are trying to make this about kentucky.
Everybody remember when she crucified "Karen" for calling names and degrading people? If you are listening to the BS and name calling and you think it's ok, then I don't know what to say about you. Seems like she is doing the things that she accuses "Karen" of doing. She demands that you agree with her or else...
facts are facts

Lexington, KY

#10 Sep 15, 2010
whoa there wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody remember when she crucified "Karen" for calling names and degrading people? If you are listening to the BS and name calling and you think it's ok, then I don't know what to say about you. Seems like she is doing the things that she accuses "Karen" of doing. She demands that you agree with her or else...
Oh nooooo it's Karen again....that Corbin IP is just following you across towns lol.
racefanrob

Danville, KY

#11 Sep 15, 2010
OK folks, Y'all no better than this. Rand Paul has already stated that Kentucky has no drug problem ? The Nutty Professor needs everyone to become addicted to prescrition pain meds. The Pharmaceutical Companies are paying him well to be sure we do.
It used to be Tobacco Companies that paid our politicians to make sure all children grew up smokers. Now it's the Pill Giants.
disgusted

Ferndale, MI

#12 May 3, 2011
it is a sad day when a mother can teach her kids all about selling these florida pills and when the kids ask for help to get out of there the people they should be able to count on does not even listen treates them like they are lying
disgusted

Ferndale, MI

#13 May 3, 2011
i wonder after all the fuss and preaching to kids in school and from our laws against drugs does this teach them that its wrong or that its ok depending on how well people can deny it well i say tell it like it is start protecting these kids not the drug dealers
Teacher

Richmond, KY

#14 May 3, 2011
NAH wrote:
<quoted text>
>put the blame where it belongs, the ADDICTS will get it somewhere.
It is a shame you have such a herd mentality.
I agree and disagree with you, to some extent. Drug addiction will always exist, what will change IS the choice of drug(s). ADDICTS are the major player in the demise of this ongoing issue. I will add that pill-mill doc's have a smaller role as well. Most of them are "money-hungry assjacks" that do not care about their so called patients, the law, their medical OATH, or the community at large. These pill-mill docs that prescribe narcotics, send patients home with cocktails of prescriptions that could kill a herd of elephants! These "pill-mill docs" earn approximately $100,000 or more MONTHLY AND by the time the DEA catches up to them (5 to 10 years later), these docs may or may not lose their medical license, pull 5-10 yrs in jail, pay a small fine (in comparison to what they have earned), then retire wealthly in beautiful places, such as Bermuda! Let's all do basic math 101:(Ave. cost to visit a pill-mill doc=$250 X 20 patients per day (minimum!!) X 20 days a month X 12 months a year (for 5 to 10 years)=$A hell of a lot of Hundreds of MILLIONS!(+ or minus the cost to run the docs "medical business"..ie..trailor, land rent, utilities, water, telephone, staff, liability insurance, cost to pay off a few politicians, and "bit" of taxes wink...wink...) Now that is a hell of a lot more money than ANY of the world's leading physicians make in a life time, no matter their specialty! Hmmm, are these pill-mill doc's some to blame too??? Not a bad retirement for any one! Sadley, we can all thank the stupid self-indulging DRUG ADDICTS for this type of situation to exist! Oh, let's not forget to mention, the DRUGGIES that want to get better, always blame the "DRUG" for ruining "their life!" And for the kids who read this...yes, we live in a world that justifies druggies putting blame on everything BUT themselves for ruining their lives and those that somehow manage to continue to love them! Well class, now everyone can see why "Florida" can't seem to "afford" to get a prescription monitoring program up and running. So, yes I guess we do agree with the "herd mentality!"
Itypewarrants

United States

#15 May 3, 2011
Fact is Florida pain clinics has been the back bone to the GANGS in for years! When narcs got sent to fla ( Kim and Lonnie McDowell ) to hide out until the people ratted on got picked up . They while there hooked up with pain clinic Drs they then moved back to ky they started bringing van loads of people to fla every month from there it spread there's 30 or 40 people in Frankfort and 60 to 70 from lex 50 to 60 from Versailles so just figure how much money that flas making they are just mad cause a ky group has ratted them out for taking cash under the table.... Yea the investigation not only is picking up addicts but the doctors because they are taking cash an selling pills right out the back door and falsifying med documents.. So just think the next time you addicts go to fla it may be a cop your handing money to hmmmmmm arrest them all!!!!!
Shane

Eubank, KY

#16 May 4, 2011
I have lived in 8 states in my life, including Florida, and Kentucky does seems to be the worst state for prescription pill abuse that I've ever seen.
Shane

Eubank, KY

#17 May 4, 2011
Seem* to be, I meant. Sorry about the typo.
hmmmmm

United States

#18 May 4, 2011
There seems to be a correlation between self righteousness and an inability to use the ENTER key to form readable paragraphs. Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove yourself 2 min Good guy 24
Why? 5 min worthless 5
Trump is a sick man nowadays 15 min The Boss 25
neighbor with blinds open? 21 min yes 8
red white and boom 23 min icee 3
Drug Overdoses 1 hr yes 7
People Bumming/Homeless vets all over Lexington 1 hr Anything goes 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages