Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

show me proof wrote:
So many people have said to mix race is sin and state it's in the Bible. I have read the Bible many times and have failed to see anything pertaining to this. Could you share if you think this is true.
If you are looking for something that says "Do not mix races" (which obviously you are) you arent going to find it.

However, when translated down to orginial hebrew language you find that God was intent on keeping the races seperated and to keep a pure line, namely for Jesus' lineage and for the other tribes of israel as well. I would imagine he also wanted to firmly establish the different races so that generations to come would continue to have the pleasure of diversity. I personally feel that this would be ideal for all races. Is it a sin? Well a sin seperates us from God, and we can never be at one with God as long as there is sin in our life. So if being a product of a mixed relationship is the product of sin, then that innocent child is born corrupt with out ever having a chance of redemption, because it can not change it mixed status nor repent for the sin of it's parent, hence it would eternally cut off from God (while the parents could repent and receive salvation). This would be absurd. So we must draw the conclusion that God had a special purpose of keeping the races seperated at least for a while, but knowing full well that it would be eventually impossible to maintain. So is it a sin? I dont think so, Jesus died to give everyone a shot at salvation.

But its not ideal either. If we melt all of us together we would get a blur. And how frightening it would be to hear on the news "The last living American Indian Died today" or "The black race to be placed on the endangered species list". To lose all the world's heritages would be a sad day indeed.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

show me proof wrote:
So many people have said to mix race is sin and state it's in the Bible. I have read the Bible many times and have failed to see anything pertaining to this. Could you share if you think this is true.
There is nothing there. Promise. You can take any passage and put it there but it's not there. God created us different. Does anyone honestly think he did that with the intent on us just pro-creating with our own race? And I don't think there's many "true" races out there.

Honestly people. I have four very beautiful bi-racial children. I don't think there is a hell for me for that reason. I do think there is a hell for those who commit crimes against children!
Nappy Head

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

"Thou shalt not bone the spear chucker" Stickadickinme verse 1 chapter 2

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Nappy Head wrote:
"Thou shalt not bone the spear chucker" Stickadickinme verse 1 chapter 2
Nappy, ole chappy, me thinks thy nap is growing inward.
Duh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

A mixed marriage in the Bible is a christian and a non christian. That is all it means nothing about race. God only see's ones soul not skin color. Why would marrying another race be a sin? That doesn't even make sense. Except for predjiduce people to manipulate scripture so they can feel better about their wrong views. Even they know its absurd why else would they need an excuse?
Angel

Franklin, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Well actually if you look up what the Earth would have looked liked before the great flood. It was just one big piece of land. So technically we all live on the same piece of land just in different areas (like east side and west side) So why wouldn't it be possible to mix races? The only thing separating up from one another was our beliefs systems. Just food for thougt.
uhh

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

didnt all people start from 2 people in the bible so how does the bible explain that their are different races. they all start from 2 people.

“Jody”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

uhh wrote:
didnt all people start from 2 people in the bible so how does the bible explain that their are different races. they all start from 2 people.
One of those quirky little contradictions. But just for fun, consider this,... the bible doesn't say what race or color Adam and Eve are. Maybe one's black and one's white.
Off the trail is playing scenarios with you there, but,.. some of the actual scriptures not included in the King James bible, says God created seven pairs, male and female, and he called "their name Adam." Male Adam named the female Eve (meaning mother of all living) after the fall. The legends are often recorded differently, one version of the flood legend included in the King James translation, says the animals put in Noah's ark were seven pairs of each clean species and one pair of each unclean.
Ah, but to the point,.. "Does the bible say not to marry outside your race?" NO,.. it says not to marry outside your faith.
xoxo

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

we are all animal andcat and dog dont mate why should a black and white

“Jody”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

xoxo wrote:
we are all animal andcat and dog dont mate why should a black and white
Um,.... dumb contradicting statement/question. Black dogs and white dogs mate. Black cats and white cats get it on. The only thing you said that made any sense,..."we are all animal". Yes we are, animals of the homo sapian branch of primates. Any homo sapian can mate another regardless of skin tone.
I think you may have an extra X chromizone there xoxo.
fat is not phat

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
Um,.... dumb contradicting statement/question. Black dogs and white dogs mate. Black cats and white cats get it on. The only thing you said that made any sense,..."we are all animal". Yes we are, animals of the homo sapian branch of primates. Any homo sapian can mate another regardless of skin tone.
I think you may have an extra X chromizone there xoxo.
what is wrong with not mixing races?????
and people are supposed to have more sense than animals

“Jody”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

Nothing wrong with not doing it,.. nothing wrong with doing it. The wrong is trying to tell others they shouldn't follow their own heart. The wrong is trying to use the bible as backup for this prejudical ideology. And, per the question asked starting this thread,.. the wrong was," No where in the bible does it say not to marry outside your race."
dude

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

mixing is low class
people should have more sense than to act like animals ^5 fat
god bless

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

i have read these threads and i have never had the privilage to read such educated and well thought out words its great to that some of yo ucould actually be scholars of the bible and share a great deal of knowledge with us. i would love to be able to call upon one of you in a time of fear or neerd or just a prayer needing to be said . i just have one question to ask all of you
would you try real hard not to put so much of your own thoughts into it and add a little more of gods please im sure he would appreciate it
and last week in spt dont forget please my dear sweet friends you all give me so much to look forward to in my searching and i feel i need to be prayed up and ready even more so now but thats great i need to be

thnks '
god bless each and every one of you my prayers will be with you also.please keep up the disscussin its very interesting and somewhat informative just ask for wisdom in his words hell give it to you and some of you i feel already have it .i need your support and i need the proper guidance and to learn how to know god in every way but only to make me grow closer to him for the glory of him .
god bless

“Jody”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

"God Bless" since you read this and without taking offense, perhaps you would be interested in a new lexington forum called, "The episcopalians problem--and ours". It's started by a fellow who is pretty dogmatic but several others, including myself are there. I welcome you to read it. Just be aware if I challenge something it's not faith or belief in a higher power I challenge, it's the locked in stone interpretation. Well, you'll see if you read it.
page 181

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Page 181, line 13.

off the trail is a peckerhead.

“Jody”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

page 181 wrote:
Page 181, line 13.
off the trail is a peckerhead.
Hellooooo....stalker pus.
Peck 'er head,
peck 'er belly,
all this peckin'
turns to jelly
my little stalker
who willy nilly
trails behind me
sad and silly,
his little hand
stretchin' out,
his little lips
in such a pout,
"me, me, meee!"
he chants aloud.
"It's my turn!"
to the crowd.
Pity him, cause
when they parted,..
i couldn't do it,..
cause he farted!!
Love

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

The bible speaks against inmoral, which would include fornication. His word said not to committ fornication is pleasing to him.
Love

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

off the trail wrote:
Nothing wrong with not doing it,.. nothing wrong with doing it. The wrong is trying to tell others they shouldn't follow their own heart. The wrong is trying to use the bible as backup for this prejudical ideology. And, per the question asked starting this thread,.. the wrong was," No where in the bible does it say not to marry outside your race."
Its in the OLD Test....

“Jody”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Love wrote:
<quoted text> Its in the OLD Test....
Verse? Post it, we'll see what you're reading that interpetation into. This is mentioned several times in the Old Testiment, but it's usually taken out of context. God's motive was clearly to stop the influx of other religions and gods into the Hebrew tribes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

124 Users are viewing the Lexington Forum right now

Search the Lexington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 128,686
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min scirocco 146,308
We need to ID everyone who wants new needles 40 min Chet 2
any hispanic night clubs in lexington (Feb '09) 1 hr Airick08 25
Senator Mitch McConnell 2 hr Mike 6
Alphafas 3 hr Antagonist of beelzebub 4
Fire in the Sky over lex, not fireworks! (Jul '10) 3 hr Antagonist of beelzebub 13
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 14 hr jrbbc 5,430
•••
•••
•••
Lexington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••