Has anyone dealt with Positive Proper...
Teresa

United States

#21 Sep 26, 2012
I have and is the worst place to deal with, if something is going wrong with your complex they take for ever to get it fix. I have a problem with my kitchen and its been more then three months since I told them about it, and they haven't even come to fixe it yet. Don't rent any property from them. That is the worst place to deal with. I have start looking for a new place.
True

El Monte, CA

#22 Sep 27, 2012
Looking to rent wrote:
For anyone who may later read this and be interested: the security deposit is 1 month's rent, the pet deposit is $500.
Yeah thats true I bout shit myself. But their fula shit because they took over my duplex refused to fix stuff and destroyed our landscape n gutted out the downstairs apartments n sold them to some idiots who rent to anyone who doesn2 know were bug infested n now they gotten worse I might just call code inforcement again
True

El Monte, CA

#23 Sep 27, 2012
U also end up calling code enforcement only way to get things done
Lyla Burns

Orlando, FL

#24 Oct 3, 2012
I also had a bad experience with them so we are currently looking for a new property management Calgary company to go with. We are hoping that we will be able to find a new company that will be better to work with. Our friends have been suggesting http://www.connellymanagement.com so I think that's who we'll look at next. Wish us luck!
me me

Richmond, KY

#25 Oct 3, 2012
Don't know anything about em, one way or another ~

Sorry
True

Lexington, KY

#26 Oct 4, 2012
There is a place on S. Broadway that has houses, mangaged by owner's. KDR Properties in the office of Kurt Rose Construction. Very highly reccommended. Repairs are taken care of as soon as possible and super nice people.
Gabe

Louisville, KY

#27 May 4, 2013
I could write pages and pages of things wrong with them, but honestly it's not even worth my time. If you care about the opinions on here at all, PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not deal with them at all, you will highly regret it.
Disgusted

Lexington, KY

#28 Jul 7, 2013
I am currently renting from Positive Property. They were great when I first started renting from them. Now they are a hot mess. I have to call them nonstop about issues dealing w/the house. I have been renting from them for three yrs. Never had bugs or mice. Now all of a sudden I am seeing water roaches and have seen two mice in the house. One dead in my kitchen sink and the other was in the master bedroom. I informed them of this. I was told that after 30 days of renting if you do not report seeing bugs it was up to you after the 30 days to have your home sprayed.They stated this was in the lease agreement. However I have read the lease a couple of times and it does not state that. I have even asked that they highlight it and give me a copy when I go in to pay my rent. I haven't received that copy as of yet. As for the mice they sent someone out and the only thing that he did was place white sticky strips below the sink in the kitchen and sprayed foam in the garage. I keep a clean home. There is no reasoning for me to have any kind of bugs. Plus I have never lived in a home renting and the landlord did not fumigate once a year. My neighborhood is a lovely and peaceful neighborhood. I have not experienced anything like the other post. However getting them to send maintenance to do anything is an extremely slow and exhausting process. And when they do finally arrive the work that they do is pointless because it does not resolve the issue. I would not suggest renting from them to anybody.The only reasoning that I have not moved is because I am moving out of state once I graduate and would rather load up my belongings only once.
Veronica Downs

El Monte, CA

#29 Jul 8, 2013
The worst besides modern property management in Lexington.Positive and Modern both Suck as well as Brenda Farris who runs Preakness Apts
On Versailles Rd.All class A slum lord managers.

Since: Jul 13

Sevierville, TN

#30 Jul 16, 2013
As an owner, I used Positive Property. Found them not reliable in several aspects. They owed me money after I terminated them and they have yet to pay me.
Fed up tenant

Nicholasville, KY

#34 Aug 15, 2013
Don't rent from them. They ignore maintenence requests. They are "friendly" when you call them, but do not fulfill their promises. They do not return calls. I am about to call the code inspectors office for help.
C Thompson

Lexington, KY

#35 Aug 29, 2013
Looking to rent wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you-- I will keep that in mind whenever I deal with them. We are just a husband and wife who cannot afford a downpayment on a house at this time. We certainly don't want to move into an area like the one that you described. Any suggestions on how to identify a neighborhood overrun by thugs and thieves? We've driven by the house we're interested in in both the day and night and all seemed quiet-- but it's hard to tell from a snapshot glimpse like that.
We are dealing with positive property in Nicholasville and their properties are awesome and very high end houses and very well maintained. They do screen who moves in these homes. They do not bother you and are extremely great people to rent from. we like the neighborhood and house so well, we are thinking about buying from them! Sorry to hear about all these property issues,etc.,but its hard to believe these are the same people we are dealing with! Thank you
Melinda Harpe

Lexington, KY

#36 Oct 24, 2013
As an employee of Positive Property I can assure you that ALL tenants undergo a criminal background check. We DO NOT rent to registered sex offenders or ANYONE with a felony conviction. If we were a nightmare to deal with then it was because you didn't pay your rent on time and we required late fees, or you didn't change your filter on the HVAC which is required by lease for 2 years, and broke the HVAC system. Or maybe you left holes in the walls, stains on the carpets, trash in the house, etc.....and didn't get your deposit back. We have NEVER been sued for return of a security deposit successfully by a past tenant. We only manage one duplex in tates creek and you lived there 2 years before you brought bed bugs into the unit, and your lease states you are responsible for pest infestations after the 30 day grace period. And you didn't pay, you were evicted and turned over to collections. I think reasonable people realize that people who make negative comments about others using aliases cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Everyone that has something negative to say, state your name and the address you rented and give me release to to give out info on your particular lease. Let me tell them how many times you paid late, how you had a pet you lied about, how you got evicted, or I can post the pics from your move-out and let everyone see how you lived. That's all I'm saying. And PS I used my name.
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#37 Oct 24, 2013
Lyla Burns wrote:
I also had a bad experience with them so we are currently looking for a new property management Calgary company to go with. We are hoping that we will be able to find a new company that will be better to work with. Our friends have been suggesting http://www.connellymanagement.com so I think that's who we'll look at next. Wish us luck!
Positive Property has never had a tenant named Lyle Burns, or managed property for anyone named Lyle Burns
ron

Louisville, KY

#38 Oct 24, 2013
Melinda Harpe wrote:
<quoted text>
Positive Property has never had a tenant named Lyle Burns, or managed property for anyone named Lyle Burns
LyLA Burns, not Lyle.
FThornton

Kennesaw, GA

#39 Mar 12, 2014
I just had an encounter with Positive Property Management whereby they refused to return my deposit money within the 72 hour refund period after we declined entering into a lease with them once we saw the poor condition of the townhouse. The property advertised on craigslist and zillow WAS NOT the property that we were shown. The carpets were dirty, the place needed to be painted, there was trash from the previous tenants. THE PLACE WAS A MESS. It is my opinion that this property is not one that you would want to call home.......don't spend your hard earned money here..........go elsewhere!!!!!!
Flabbergasted

Madison, TN

#40 Apr 15, 2014
They are rip offs, they are trying to charge me for every little thing, they want me to pay 600. For painting which half the house didn't need, to remove trash that was there when I moved in, carpets that had stains when I moved in, a swing set that was there when I moved in. They should be ashamed, I hope they take me to court for not giving them anymore money! They are crooks!
Flabbergasted

Nicholasville, KY

#41 Apr 17, 2014
Flabbergasted wrote:
They are rip offs, they are trying to charge me for every little thing, they want me to pay 6o0. For painting which half the house didn't need, to remove trash that was there when I moved in, carpets that had stains when I moved in, a swing set that was there when I moved in. They should be ashamed, I hope they take me to court for not giving them anymore money! They are crooks!
Well they took off the price of the trash and swing set since they weren't mine but said that in the lease it states that the tenant will shampoo carpets professionally and restore paint to original so what the fine print! That's how they win in court don't sign leases with nickel and dime companies and you won't have problems like this! I learned my lesson!
Bess

Lexington, KY

#42 May 15, 2014
dont use them wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to tell because our neighborhood was quiet and peaceful until positive property moved in. I see now why they attract the less desirable clients they don't ask for a down payment. You can get a crime report detailing all of the crime in the area. This sometimes can be off especially if people don't report problem neighbors. You also need to check the sex offender registry because positive property also rents to these monsters. You wouldn't want to end up living right beside one would you?
You make remarks about postive property renters without knowing any of them. We rented from postive proptery because they did rent to us without a huge down payment because some of you people think just because someone doesn't have large income must be thugs and drugs, well I am 71 years old and am just as respectable as you probably think you are. Don't judge every book before you read it.
anom

Frankfort, KY

#43 Nov 19, 2014
Terrible.
The people in the office are rude when you call about anything.
They never get around to doing maintenance. I had to call several times and after about 5 phone calls and a month later, they showed up and still didn't fix it.
The person who painted the house could not have been sober. All of the blinds were filthy and broken. There are no screens in the windows. And they refused to replace it.
They over charge when you move out and keep most of your security deposit for ridiculous reasons.
DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White trash 6 min Cry 11
The Botany Bay (Sep '14) 11 min Errl710 28
Every girl on backpage... 21 min Stamina 9
Beshear Should Run For Senate 58 min AntiqueAnnie 5
If you vote Trump we will be proud of America A... 1 hr wtf 20
Lexington, KY "police" 2 hr The Ghost 36
Men in yoga pants 3 hr Laser Cat 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages