What nice apartment complexes in Lexi...

What nice apartment complexes in Lexington accept (or might accept) section 8?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SoontoBe

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2012
Okay so before I get belittled and attacked for seeking out section 8 assistance; I am a law student, a mother of one and soon to be divorced...I cannot afford school, childcare, rent and other bills at the time. This does not make me any less, in one year, when I pass the bar and obtain employment (at which I have already been offered!) I will do just fine :) I just wanted to get that out of the way, nasty responses will be laughed at and ignored.

Now, to address the actual question, I'm looking for nice apartment complexes that may be willing to accept section 8. By "nice" I mean, not in any neighborhoods generally associated with crime, apartments with higher price ranges, apartments that are well kept and are pest free, that conduct criminal background checks and do not accept residents with violent, drug or sexual crimes. Most that I've seen, seem to be located on the south side of town, though I'm certainly not limiting my search to that area. I just want to know if anyone has experience or knows? Thanks!!
hmm

Jeffersonville, IN

#2 Sep 29, 2012
SoontoBe wrote:
Okay so before I get belittled and attacked for seeking out section 8 assistance; I am a law student, a mother of one and soon to be divorced...I cannot afford school, childcare, rent and other bills at the time. This does not make me any less, in one year, when I pass the bar and obtain employment (at which I have already been offered!) I will do just fine :) I just wanted to get that out of the way, nasty responses will be laughed at and ignored.

Now, to address the actual question, I'm looking for nice apartment complexes that may be willing to accept section 8. By "nice" I mean, not in any neighborhoods generally associated with crime, apartments with higher price ranges, apartments that are well kept and are pest free, that conduct criminal background checks and do not accept residents with violent, drug or sexual crimes. Most that I've seen, seem to be located on the south side of town, though I'm certainly not limiting my search to that area. I just want to know if anyone has experience or knows? Thanks!!
The one in hamburg does right past the interstate. Glen eagles I think it's called
hmm

Jeffersonville, IN

#3 Sep 29, 2012
And well btw...we should email and talk lol. I'm a single guy in lex
BlueBleeder

United States

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Hey SoonToBe I'm an in the same position. I'm a 33 year old mom of two. Ad an Adar manager I work 40+ hours per week. I have been a section 8 applicant for a couple of years now. I am not with their father and cannot afford the $150 childcare I pay and rent etc. I don't plan to be on it the rest of my life either. I lived n Glen Eagles in 2008-2009. It was great, my apt had never been lived in!! I thought I found heaven. Low and behold...rather than doing background checks on people, they started allowing all kinds of "types" if you will in. I was there when there was a shooting. Stray bullets went in the houses.PLUS I started getting roaches. Police and ambulances were ALWAYS there like daily. I got out of there fast. I have daughters and there was NO way I would allow them outside to play downstairs or on our balcony for fear of a stray bullet hitting them. I have been gone, but while being a nice property, I don't advise moving there. Call Positive Property. They have great Section 8 locations. But you only have one child and your allotment won't be high. Some places take a quota of us. But be prepared to have NO as a constant answer. You're going to get frustrate but it's worth finding a place. I lucked up on a realty group that took it for me. I usually present myself in a professional manner in person so they see for themselves I'm not a lazy bum. I'm currently looking for a 3 bedroom home for use now. The girls are outgrowing their room!:) good luck with everything. If you need help or would like to swap available locations, you can email me or even call. Just let me know girlie!
BlueBleeder

United States

#5 Oct 1, 2012
Omigosh! My stupid auto correct!! "As an Asst. Manager" (in retail) is what that should say! HAHA!
haha

Jasper, IN

#6 Oct 1, 2012
SoontoBe wrote:
Let me guess. You're working your way through law school by stripping. CLASSIC!
hint

Jasper, IN

#7 Oct 1, 2012
BlueBleeder wrote:
Hey SoonToBe I'm an in the same position. I'm a 33 year old mom of two. Ad an Adar manager I work 40+ hours per week. I have been a section 8 applicant for a couple of years now. I am not with their father and cannot afford the $150 childcare I pay and rent etc. I don't plan to be on it the rest of my life either. I lived n Glen Eagles in 2008-2009. It was great, my apt had never been lived in!! I thought I found heaven. Low and behold...rather than doing background checks on people, they started allowing all kinds of "types" if you will in. I was there when there was a shooting. Stray bullets went in the houses.PLUS I started getting roaches. Police and ambulances were ALWAYS there like daily. I got out of there fast. I have daughters and there was NO way I would allow them outside to play downstairs or on our balcony for fear of a stray bullet hitting them. I have been gone, but while being a nice property, I don't advise moving there. Call Positive Property. They have great Section 8 locations. But you only have one child and your allotment won't be high. Some places take a quota of us. But be prepared to have NO as a constant answer. You're going to get frustrate but it's worth finding a place. I lucked up on a realty group that took it for me. I usually present myself in a professional manner in person so they see for themselves I'm not a lazy bum. I'm currently looking for a 3 bedroom home for use now. The girls are outgrowing their room!:) good luck with everything. If you need help or would like to swap available locations, you can email me or even call. Just let me know girlie!
Stop spreading your legs for bums.
question

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2012
What is sec 8 exactly? Does the government just like pay part or all of your rent or how exactly does it work?
wondering

Louisville, KY

#9 Oct 1, 2012
It's rent based on your income... If u work they pay a portion of it but if your unemployed or a student they usually pay it all
wondering

Louisville, KY

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Also they are very strict with it.. If u he in any trouble while your on it you lose the assistance and if u have any drug charges they won't even give it to you.
DRUGS

Jasper, IN

#11 Oct 1, 2012
GOOD
question

Louisville, KY

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Well that's dumb! Why the hell wouldn't I be able to get it then? I'd probably be told that I make too much or whatever but so what? I have bills and I struggle too. It's not my fault that some women can't keep their legs closed and now can't afford the 3 or 4 kids they have. If they can get it then anyone should be able to or no one at all should get it. It's not right to just help some people. I'm 34 and don't have any kids, I make decent money but I don't have extra either! I have bills to pay. I should be able to have things paid for too for actually being hard working, never being in trouble, and being smart and never having kids! It's not other people's job to pay for someone else's bills and housing and crap. U wanted to have kids them raise them your damn self. Work 4 jobs if u have to. Next time don't open your legs
question

Louisville, KY

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Oh and see if u are in that situation then u shouldn't be in school because u obviously can't afford it if u can't even afford rent! Drop out and get a damn job

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14 Oct 2, 2012
question wrote:
Well that's dumb! Why the hell wouldn't I be able to get it then? I'd probably be told that I make too much or whatever but so what? I have bills and I struggle too. It's not my fault that some women can't keep their legs closed and now can't afford the 3 or 4 kids they have. If they can get it then anyone should be able to or no one at all should get it. It's not right to just help some people. I'm 34 and don't have any kids, I make decent money but I don't have extra either! I have bills to pay. I should be able to have things paid for too for actually being hard working, never being in trouble, and being smart and never having kids! It's not other people's job to pay for someone else's bills and housing and crap. U wanted to have kids them raise them your damn self. Work 4 jobs if u have to. Next time don't open your legs
Hint: The reason you don't have kids is that nobody wants you. But seriously, stop being jealous of single mothers who are trying to improve their lives. I'm very happy to know that a portion of my tax money helps those who are less fortunate keep a roof over their heads.
Brad

Louisville, KY

#15 Oct 2, 2012
There are places all over the city now that accept section 8, since the local government lifted the zoning restrictions a few years ago. Do your homework (i.e. go to places other than a message board), and I'm sure you'll find something safe and adequate.
question

United States

#16 Oct 2, 2012
Foolish859 wrote:
<quoted text>Hint: The reason you don't have kids is that nobody wants you. But seriously, stop being jealous of single mothers who are trying to improve their lives. I'm very happy to know that a portion of my tax money helps those who are less fortunate keep a roof over their heads.
Then give me some out of your next check since u are more fortunate than others, I have a bill I can't pay this week. Didn't think so lol
BlueBleeder

United States

#18 Oct 9, 2012
Didn't know spreading my legs to my husband was illegal A-HOLE. Screw you and everything you represent you idiot. You're probably single, with no life and have been for a while. Nothing to live for. So sad. I mean you're responding to a section 8 post? Is this where you get your kicks? I have a "hint" for you.... GET A LIFE and be bold in person because I'm sure you are a coward.
hint wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop spreading your legs for bums.
hmmmm

United States

#19 Oct 9, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>
Then give me some out of your next check since u are more fortunate than others, I have a bill I can't pay this week. Didn't think so lol
Sounds like you shouldn't be on here being a hater, instead you need to be on Google looking for a better job! It isn't our fault that you debt to income ratio is too high!
SoontoBe

Princeton, IN

#20 Nov 11, 2012
BlueBleeder wrote:
Thank you so much!!!
SoontoBe

Princeton, IN

#21 Nov 11, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess. You're working your way through law school by stripping. CLASSIC!
And what exactly would make you guess that? Is that your experience or the caliber of people that you befriend? To address the question; no, I am not a stripper, if I were, I certainly wouldn't need assistance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
showing off 29 min simple man 2
How's that Obamacare repeal going?? 38 min White guy 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min Lol 165,730
Who Is Alan Stein Married To? 1 hr hard one 18
Buttcrack 1 hr here 8
looking for 2 hr BestRedVest 5
Donald trump - making America great again 2 hr Reality 557
the bluegrass conspiracy (May '09) 4 hr wanna know 1,771

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web