What happend to Dr. Paul Brooks?
People are so wonderful

Louisville, KY

#227 Sep 7, 2012
Sure thing, im sorry it was such a run around for you to get to.... His office should have let you know. Good luck to you, i hope you feel better.
Nurse

Clarksville, TN

#228 Sep 8, 2012
Yeah. It was a bit complicated and a it has taken a year and a half, but better late than never. My new dr didn't want to try things that had failed in the past. Plus, I had so many scans while I was at his office that will be helpful to my new dr. I just had some new procedures a few weeks ago that are helping so far. Things are looking up. I appreciate the well wishes!
paula

Bowling Green, KY

#229 Sep 10, 2012
Miscellanious wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. paul brooks has left his clinic for some other jobs (as a doctor) thanks for all the wonderful comments about my dad.
If you are his child then I'm sorry you've had to read all of this - true or not. BUT
OK, where is he now in practice? And when was the emergency suspension of his license overturned/lifted?
paula

Bowling Green, KY

#230 Sep 10, 2012
People are so wonderful wrote:
No, not the doc...just someone who has taken the time to find out the facts from both sides....not just a jaded family or an investigator who had to prove someone guilty at all costs...even if the dots dont all connect. Every story has two sides...we should know both before drawing any conclusions.
I think this story has more than two sides. That being said, here's what I PERSONALLY KNOW: on my last appt with Dr. Brooks he told me that the DEA was looking over his patient files and if they happened to pick mine and contact me, not to worry - because he'd dealt with them before and been successful. I wasn't worried about his prescriptions for me, because, trust me, I have the uncurable injuries to back them up. But I was worried about losing a good doctor (that wasn't so scared of the DEA or the Ky equivalent that, for example, he wouldn't prescribe Tylenol 3 for someone who had a multiple leg fracture). I was also worried for him. I always thought he was a nice guy- which is usually the kiss of death for Doctors. It's been my experience that Something always happens to docs with a good bedside manner. Somehow nothing ever happens to the real jerks.
The next week I receive a letter from Commonwealth saying he's no longer employed there & if I want my records I'd better come and get them. I call Martha (Dr. Brooks receptionist) and also talk to her when I get my records, she tells me (while trying not to cry) that she can't tell me what happened to Dr. Brooks, except to say that he took all the patients info and would contact us. Plus, that she and April's (his asst) jobs would be terminated at the end of the month.
It's been over a year and I haven't been contacted by Dr. Brooks. Even if everything in the emergency suspension order is wrong, he left his patients in the lurch without so much as a referral to another doctor.
There's probably some legal reason for him not contacting patients or giving referrals. However, particularly in his line of medicine, that's cruel.
Also, if all or some of the facts in the emergency suspension were fabricated, why didn't he fight back, appeal the order? Maybe he did and it's just not on the internet. However, according to the state medical board, he's still not practicing.
I feel sorry for the guy. I really liked him; and, I hope all is well with him. However, I still find it inexcusable that he left all of his patients without a word or a referral.
paula

Bowling Green, KY

#231 Sep 10, 2012
By the way, for those saying we don't have all the facts, maybe we don't. However I have a copy of the Court documentation from Fayette District Court, Case #12-F-01907, showing that Paul Vincent Brooks was charged with felony Theft by Unlawful Taking/Shoplifting (regarding a Meijer store) on 7/1/2012.
He pled guilty to an amended misdemeanor charge of Theft by Unlawful Taking/Shoplifting on 8/28/12. He paid a fine of $500 & costs of $154. He had a public defender for his case.
Again, I still wish the best for Brooks; but, it's obvious he & this story had alot of sides most of us never saw.
Plus, back to what I personally know. Dr. Brooks mentioned money problems to me many times.
If he was crooked, he had to be the worst crooked pain doctor ever. He should've gotten some tips from some of the Eastern Ky pain docs.
HAPPY

Morehead, KY

#232 Sep 21, 2012
No ifs ans or butts about it. He was TROUBLE
wondering

Morehead, KY

#233 Oct 1, 2012
Any news about the "DR." Anything decided about his work.
Mudkipz

Henderson, KY

#234 Oct 2, 2012
I hurd Brooks is passing out gewd drugs in the back of his vehicular unit in the Kmart parking lot. So like all yous that know so much can go there and find him.
*disclaimer* if someone actually read the extent of this post and not the extent of the previous posts.... You will remain ignorant.... If you did read and you still don't understand........ I will pray the curse of Kentucky may be lifted from your limited brain. Peace.
paula

Bowling Green, KY

#235 Oct 3, 2012
Mudkipz wrote:
I hurd Brooks is passing out gewd drugs in the back of his vehicular unit in the Kmart parking lot. So like all yous that know so much can go there and find him.
*disclaimer* if someone actually read the extent of this post and not the extent of the previous posts.... You will remain ignorant.... If you did read and you still don't understand........ I will pray the curse of Kentucky may be lifted from your limited brain. Peace.
WHAT??????
paula

Bowling Green, KY

#236 Oct 3, 2012
Saw a foreclosure action against Paul V. Brooks filed, looks like things still going downhill for doc. License still suspended. I have to agree with part of thread that whatever alleged wrongs Brooks did, he obviously didn't do it for the money. If you're a doc (especially pain doctor) and willing to run the risks he did, you might as well do it for the $$$$$. A suspended license is a suspended license. Although, I doubt he's dealing at KMART. I doubt he can get his hands on sudafed at this point.
Not that it matters much, but I wonder what the real reason was for him leaving the Lexington office (several years back) that had Dr. Kiebler? That's where I met him. When he moved to Nicholasville he said it was to make more $; and, that he had to move out of Lexington (for a year or so) due to noncompete clause. Commonwealth Rehab was a dump compared to his former office.
And none of it excuses him vanishing without a word to his patients.
Nurse

Clarksville, TN

#237 Oct 7, 2012
I believe there are things he knowingly did wrong, but selling drugs in Kmart parking lot I doubt is one if them. That just sounds absurd. I also saw several open cases of court cases again Dr Brooks. One was his ex suing for something, two were banks, and a forth was the commonwealth vs him that is scheduled for December.
Paula

Bowling Green, KY

#238 Oct 7, 2012
Nurse wrote:
I believe there are things he knowingly did wrong, but selling drugs in Kmart parking lot I doubt is one if them. That just sounds absurd. I also saw several open cases of court cases again Dr Brooks. One was his ex suing for something, two were banks, and a forth was the commonwealth vs him that is scheduled for December.
Yes, and that's just the civil side. As I mentioned, he pled guilty to misdameanor Theft by unlawful taking. Plus, there are still criminal charges against him for low level prescription problems. These were there before his girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend) died. As for his medical license, I doubt he can get out of the hole he's in. However, I do wonder how long a "temp suspension" can go.
Plus, I'm still wondering how he's broke and how when I saw him he generally mentioned his financial situation. It's bad to say; but, he may be the only pain doctor IN KY not to make $$$$ acting as a "Dr. Feelgood," for people not in pain who were seeking scripts to use or sell
wondering

Winder, GA

#239 Oct 24, 2012
Any news as to Brooks.
Paula

Lexington, KY

#240 Oct 26, 2012
I haven't heard/found anything new. How about anyone else?
Pork Chop

United States

#241 Oct 29, 2012
Nurse wrote:
The prescription named in the KY Med Board site, which I HAVE read are not scripts that can be called in. Lortab can be called in, but percocet and other such controlled drugs HAVE to be written out. If you look up lortab in drug books it states the recommended dose for an adult is 2.5/500-5/500 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours or 7.5/500-10/500 1 tablet every 4-6 hours. For children, the dosage is based off of weight. It is 0.27ml/kg every 4 hours. It isn't standard to give
the highest dose of lortab to a teen and his dose
was definitely not under dosed. I have worked
post-op surgery and ER for many years. I am
familiar with narcotic administration. As I said in one of my last posts, I'm not saying Dr Brooks killed this woman. I'm just making the point that he didn't do everything appropriate with his practice. It was stated he dud nothing wrong and I disagree with that. Anyone can read the indictment I've mentioned. The easiest way is by going to the link posted earlier that takes you to the Roland Law article. The KY Med Board link is posted at the bottom of that article. People can read it for themselves. A note on the cytotec, for abortion it can be used up to 22 weeks. The KY Med Board paper states that the girlfriend was showing signs of miscarriage the morning after the cytotec prescription was called in and picked up. It also stated the medication was called in on Dr Brooks' cell phone and picked up by him at Kroger Pharmacy. She was taken to the ER in Mt Sterling with signs of miscarriage. I am confused as to whether she worked for Dr Brooks, was a prostitute, or both? I personally never saw her at his office. That doesn't mean she wasn't there though. Yes there are definitely two sides to every story. I hope everything cones to light for whatever the whole truth is.
. Lortab can not be call in. I l know this . This so hard to be leave about DR .Brooks. You never know about any one any more. I feel sad for him and the girl that die and her son and family and his family .
Pork Chop

United States

#242 Oct 29, 2012
wondering wrote:
There is an old saying the more you stir in shit the worst it stinks. Nothing can change what has happened. only the people there knows what happened. I just hope someday the truth comes out and justice is done. If not in this life then in the next. GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN THAT THIS HAS AFFECTED.
. You are so right. DR .Brooks was so nice to me . I would talk to him about all my dogs I had 4 out side and 2 in side . He took time to talk to me about them and I would show him pictures of them and he was on me about Smoking all the time I saw him. I all way told ever one I never had a DR like DR Brooks he would talk to you like a person .Like all the DR I know now get you in and out .They are cold cold DR......
Pork Chop

United States

#243 Oct 29, 2012
sad wrote:
What happend to Dr. Paul Brooks? He was a good Dr. but has left..dont understand what has happend..
. I wonder my self about DR .Brooks what happen to him . I just thought he moved back to his home state.I just never here any thing in the new or tv.All I know for 10 or11 years he was the best DR I ever had on my life and it was not just pain pills . I have a new DR ... So do not say just for pills I really liked him as a good DR ....I was on a small dose of pills .I pray for ever one.
Pork Chop

United States

#244 Oct 29, 2012
I am not going Florida. For who ever you are you can't feel my pain . I have a DR now and I am not a pill head. DR Brooks was a good DR .He was a caring DR. So who ever you are be happy don't think about me .]
I Seen him

Louisville, KY

#245 Oct 29, 2012
He works at Lowe's on Richmond Rd, I was there yesterday and he was there working. Not hard to find.
Mr T

Lexington, KY

#246 Nov 7, 2012
right on porkchop he waz the best doc and a good friend to all his patients

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Classless UK fans 6 min Jon Pell Free 5
God bless our troops 1 hr God-Bless-Our-Troops 1
EUROPA : The Last Battle 1 hr Part 4 4
One And Undone 2 hr Kat Daddy 3
Female body found on Tates Creek Road 2 hr perhaps 59
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Patriot 171,888
Trump Shut Down 3 hr Liberal Mental Di... 80
Dems side with Illegal over fellow Americans to... 3 hr Liberal Mental Di... 41
Just What About Mr. Trump You Don't Like?? 4 hr Liberal Mental Di... 166

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages